TEAM SHELBY FORUM

* * * * DON'T FORGET * * * * Final Alcoa Sale Starts Monday Morning

Holy cow! I just found 2 sets on eBay.

One set is up to $4k the seller started at $2,600. Very admirable... http://www.ebay.com/...b80b6fc&vxp=mtr

The second set is starting at $4k! http://www.ebay.com/...2d8f679&vxp=mtr

did ya checkout this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-Alcoa-Forged-Super-Snake-Wheels-20X9-20X10-Set-of-4-W-Caps-FREE-SHIPPING-/281075415466?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41716679aa&vxp=mtr has a buy it now price for $8500 and they have been used

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are the Super Snake version. Which makes them rarer than the 50th or regular Shelby Alcoas. Not that I'd pay 8.5k! :drop:

Those are the Super Snake version. Which makes them rarer than the 50th or regular Shelby Alcoas. Not that I'd pay 8.5k! :drop:

But they have the new style "CS" center caps, only available with the purchase of a new set of "Fifty Year" Alcoas!

The SS Center caps are expensive. I've seen at least two sets go for ~$900 per set.

That tells me this seller bought a set of 'Fifty's', is keeping them and selling the SS wheels to pay for the 50's AND make a wad on top of it all. Or maybe he's going to sell the SS centers in a separate auction to make another grand.

I told svt13 to grab a set of BRAND NEW Super Snake wheels on e-bay when he first started looking. I think the guy was asking $5K and that was too rich for svt13's blood. SHOULD'A BOUGHT 'EM, svt13!!! I told you they were RARE (more rare than any other Alcoa, including the KR's).

Phill

But they have the new style "CS" center caps, only available with the purchase of a new set of "Fifty Year" Alcoas!

The SS Center caps are expensive. I've seen at least two sets go for ~$900 per set.

That tells me this seller bought a set of 'Fifty's', is keeping them and selling the SS wheels to pay for the 50's AND make a wad on top of it all. Or maybe he's going to sell the SS centers in a separate auction to make another grand.

I told svt13 to grab a set of BRAND NEW Super Snake wheels on e-bay when he first started looking. I think the guy was asking $5K and that was too rich for svt13's blood. SHOULD'A BOUGHT 'EM, svt13!!! I told you they were RARE (more rare than any other Alcoa, including the KR's).

Phill

Who said that?

Anyone may purchase the CS caps, see link below.

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Forged-Wheel-Center-Cap-p/9s3z-1130-cs.htm

Steve

Who said that?

JER said that. Repeatedly.

He said once the 50's were sold out he would be making the CS center caps available to the GP.

They have been listed on the site since day 1 of the 50's pre-pay deal but that doesn't mean you can order them.

According to...JER.

Phill

Anyone may purchase the CS caps, see link below.

http://www.shelbysto...s3z-1130-cs.htm

As I said in my previous post, Jer said that.

From the product description: (Quote) "These brand new center caps were made exclusively for the final limited edition run of the Shelby Forged wheel. They are a different design then what was available previously with a black background and a chrome "CS" logo." (END QUOTE)

Personally, I am looking forward to them becoming available to the GP because they are the first set (other than the Alcoa flat center caps you can't get) of Shelby center caps I've seen for the 20" Alcoa wheels that I would consider using. I'm a "retro kind of guy" and after I saw a set just like those on a Classic Shelby (I can't remember which model) I decided THOSE are the ones I want.

I like my shit to LOOK 'old' but RUN 'new', wit, my 1992 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic (Softail) that regularly confuses people into thinking it's a late-40's/early 50's model. And probably the PRIMARY reason I bought a Contemporary Shelby GT500 (over a Nissan GTR).

But anyway, yeah...JER said that. I'm only repeating what I was told by Jer which may or may not have changed BY NOW. But my point still remains that the guy selling the Super Snake wheels (see e-bay link) had to either buy a set of 50's to get those caps, or get them from someone who did buy a set of 50's RECENTLY.

Which is why I suspect he's either going to auction them separately and make another <Grand, or keep them on a set of 50's for his Super Snake.

I admit, PURE ASSUMPTION on my part...And you KNOW what they say about what happens when you Ass-U-Me!

Phill

From the product description: (Quote) "These brand new center caps were made exclusively for the final limited edition run of the Shelby Forged wheel. They are a different design then what was available previously with a black background and a chrome "CS" logo." (END QUOTE)

The SPP description also says "These will also fit all previous Alcoa wheels." with no mention of restricted sales. Buyers should have no problem adding them to their cart.

I can't imagine SPP wanting to sit on these caps and not sell them. Pehaps Jer wanted to make sure 50th wheel buyers had first shot?

Steve

Jer mentioned in another forum we could buy these cs center caps before we ordered the 50th alcoas so as not to get tied up ordering the wheels. Jer was just trying to expidate the sale of the wheels knowing that if you didn;t close out the sale of the wheels quickly then you might not be able to get the wheels at all. I ordered my wheels by phone then about an hour later ordered the centercaps with no problem.It's easy to get confused with all that's been said on the forums lately . I can certainly understand what you said about the wheels being exclusively for alcoa owners but only because of this other statement about ordering the centercaps before the wheels got me to thinking these wheels were not exclusive to anyone. In another week or two there probably won't be to much written on here about these wheels as just about everything on here has been asked and spoken a half a dozen times.

Personally, I am looking forward to them becoming available to the GP because they are the first set (other than the Alcoa flat center caps you can't get) of Shelby center caps I've seen for the 20" Alcoa wheels that I would consider using. I'm a "retro kind of guy" and after I saw a set just like those on a Classic Shelby (I can't remember which model) I decided THOSE are the ones I want.

I like my shit to LOOK 'old' but RUN 'new', wit, my 1992 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic (Softail) that regularly confuses people into thinking it's a late-40's/early 50's model. And probably the PRIMARY reason I bought a Contemporary Shelby GT500 (over a Nissan GTR).

But anyway, yeah...JER said that. I'm only repeating what I was told by Jer which may or may not have changed BY NOW. But my point still remains that the guy selling the Super Snake wheels (see e-bay link) had to either buy a set of 50's to get those caps, or get them from someone who did buy a set of 50's RECENTLY.

Which is why I suspect he's either going to auction them separately and make another <Grand, or keep them on a set of 50's for his Super Snake.

I admit, PURE ASSUMPTION on my part...And you KNOW what they say about what happens when you Ass-U-Me!

Phill

Phill, you're half-right.

I ORIGINALLY did not sell the caps to anyone but 50th wheel buyers, just to make sure those wheels had a chance of getting the new cap, but after the initial pre-sale, opened them up to the public. They have been available to the public for a while now, and will be an ongoing item as people lose or damage them or customers with older Alcoas want to upgrade to the CS look.

Jer

Jer,

When is the latest sale of Alcoas going to ship out? Figured I'd ask here since I'm assuming there are others who might be wondering. I know the initial quote was 5-7 business days. Just didn't know if anything changed. Got my caps, excited for the wheels.

Jer,

When is the latest sale of Alcoas going to ship out? Figured I'd ask here since I'm assuming there are others who might be wondering. I know the initial quote was 5-7 business days. Just didn't know if anything changed. Got my caps, excited for the wheels.

Mine have already shipped according to FedEx. They were estimated to be delivered late this week. Hopefully yours have shipped too.

All wheels have shipped.

Our system requires that our people manually enter Tracking numbers in the customer-facing site - on shipments this big, it'd take DAYS to do that, but we'll look them up if there's an issue or special-needs customer. Just email BillC@ShelbyAmerican.com if there's a special need.

Jer

p.s. Our new shipping system will be implemented over the next 2 months, stuff like this will be a non-issue. I just didn't want to tear up a major component of our business in the busy season.

Phill, you're half-right.

I ORIGINALLY did not sell the caps to anyone but 50th wheel buyers, just to make sure those wheels had a chance of getting the new cap, but after the initial pre-sale, opened them up to the public.

Hmm. I must have missed that announcement. What section was it in?

And as I said (in the post you quoted of mine), "I'm only repeating what I was told by Jer which may or may not have changed BY NOW."

Phill

And as I said (in the post you quoted of mine), "I'm only repeating what I was told by Jer which may or may not have changed BY NOW."

Phill

No harm, no foul. My opinion of you has not changed!

:salute:

Jer

No harm, no foul. My opinion of you has not changed!

:salute:

Jer

LOL....I'm afraid to ask!

Phill

Phill

I don't know Phill, my opinion is starting to change.... :hysterical2: . Just kidding, you know!! I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned multiple times as to their availability.

post #1 and #27 here starting Feb 18th:

http://www.teamshelb...l__caps__st__20

I don't know Phill, my opinion is starting to change.... :hysterical2: . Just kidding, you know!! I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned multiple times as to their availability.

post #1 and #27 here starting Feb 18th:

http://www.teamshelb...l__caps__st__20

I *still* don't see where it was announced that the CS center caps, which were only available with the purchase of the Fifty Year Alcoa's were made available to the General Public.

All previous posts and announcements from Jer said he would make the CS center caps available to the GP *after* the 50's SELL OUT. My understanding is, they just did.

So my *point* is, if it was announced, where is the announcement?

Not that it makes a big difference as far as my purchase of a set, I was already willing to wait...Just that I'm not going to sit here and be told it was announced when it wasn't (as a point of debate) or that they've been available for a long time now...but no one ever said so.

Phill

A used staggered set of Alcoas that only have "Shelby Forged" (no "50 Years") on them just went for $4050 + $200 shipping this morning.

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

Yes, the "non-50's" are more desirable (as proof, see the price).

The 50's were made because the plain-Jane SS style wheels were no longer made and so many people were asking for them.

Phill

Buyers of these wheels on ebay are funny. A set of brand new 50th wheels with CS center caps just went unsold, when an identical set with the same center caps went for $4650 just 3 days earlier. The only difference was the unsold set had a starting bid of $4000 and the other set started at about $2000 or so.

Just to clarify and stir the Alcoa pot further...The Super Snake branded Alcoas's listed with tires on Ebay for $8500, I listed for a customer. I am surprised sharp eyed lookers didn't notice my lift, or that they were in Palm Springs!! :) They are not mine, they are a customer's with a genuine Super Snake Coupe that we put HRE's on at his request, he asked me to list for him, which I did. He wanted $7K for them net with the tires or he said he would keep them. I explained that I could do that for him but after shipping included, ebay fees, and paypal fees, that would be almost $1K and that I would charge him a fee too, he was fine with that, so I listed at $8500 shipped. If they sell, great, if not he will keep them. No harm, no foul. The SS caps we machined and utilized on his new HRE's, that is why the auction includes the CS caps rather than the SS ones. To the right person, the genuine SS branded wheels could be something they want or can use as they are not available. 2 years ago, I sold a set of SS wheels with no tires, used, and nice but a few blems for $5700. I don't want anyone to think I am gouging anyone...just listing for a customer....I too am shocked by the 50th Aloca prices as to what people are getting!!!

Alex

It doesn't cost a lot to list an item for sale, but where they get you is the final valuation fee, which is 9% of the total of the final sale price + any shipping charges, up to a $250 maximum charge. So the maximum it will cost anyone to list and sell the Alcoas is about $265. The fee to list/insert and any listing options for any set of wheels would not realistically exceed $15, and after that you would pay $250 max after the sale.

PayPal fees are an average 2.9% of the amount total you are to receive, so the total cost, for example, to list, and sell (via ebay) and receive payment (via PayPal) for a set of Alcoas that sell for $4500 would be around $388 ($265 ebay cost and $123 PayPal fees).

I have been an active seller on ebay and a PayPal user since 1999.

Archived