TEAM SHELBY FORUM

* * * * DON'T FORGET * * * * Final Alcoa Sale Starts Monday Morning

I seem to recall a post from Jer saying they had enough SS Alcoas for the remainder of the potential '11 and '12 SS builds....must have been imagining that.

No you weren't imagining it. I saw it too... And frankly anything else is just a rumor until otherwise stated.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was lucky enough to be able to order a set. The site was bombed with all the orders, and it was probably just luck of the draw. Just bought my GT500 1/10/13 , so I wasn't able to participate in the pre-order last Fall.

Thanks to Jer and all the SA staff for making these available one last time! I'm sure the order-taking end of this wasn't much fun either!

All I can say is Thank you and I am grateful. As polarizing as this is for those who were able to get a set and for those that did not, we still owe gratitude to all that made this possible in the first place. A huge thank you to Jer and SPP for giving so many an opportunity to get the wheels we desired. This was done with the SPP customer being put first. Great job and thank you again!

Imagine the discussion in the room when Jer first went to bat for another order of Alcoas.

Risky for SPP to pay up front for a truck load of Alcoas without a single paid pre-order? Depending on what you were reading in the threads and what you believed.....you betcha.

I'm glad we didn't leave SPP hanging with a boat load of Alcoa wheels. A sell out is great for all involved!

Well done SPP!

Thank you!

I believe that was 636 pst. That would be 36 minutes from start to finish.

I was on the site from 6am on, I can tell you I had them in my cart finally the correct way and all of a sudden the 10" changed to 1, I had no idea why, but found out a few seconds later they were out of 10", that was around 6:24 so 10" were absolutely out by then. I could have ordered 4- 9", but did not want that.

If the website worked correct I would have gotten some for sure, but I love the wheels I have so no worries here.

I am happy for the folks that got them, I hope most are not flipped for a profit.

I commend Jer for putting this together!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank Jer for putting this all together, for both the initial pre-order (which had no restrictions and ample time line) and also this remaining inventory sale. Jer and SPP really stepped up when they saw that their fellow club members wanted more wheels and then they actually did something about it. That is to be seriously commended, as I am sure it was not as easy as just calling up Alcoa and ordering them. I hope all fellow club members realize that without Jer and SPP, there would not even be things like these beautiful wheels for our cars. I congratulate everyone who was able to purchase their wheels today and wish everyone the best of luck in finding a set in the aftermarket in the future. I have always found that with rare items, especially car parts, sometimes the hunt is just as fun as the find. Thanks again Jer and SPP for all that you do!!

I was on the web at 6am and on the phone at the same time. I showed 7 times out on the phone and had the same problem as everyone else on the web because i was wanting 10 in. wheels. At about 6:25 I was able to order on the phone. The 10's were sold out so i told Kameron at Shelby i would take 9's if they were available and they were.It seems there were a lot of people that bought full sets of 9's that probably didn't want them like me but didn't want to pass up a chance to get these wheels.It's hard to regress and go back to 9's after having 10's on the rear with 285x30x20's but i'll only loose about a 1/4 inch width unless i widen the wheels. I like everyone else had a chance to purchase earlier and i did order earlier but canceled the order. Hope we don't see a lot of wheels on e-bay because of having to purchase 9'' wheels. Thank's Jer for allowing all of us the opportunity to purchase these wheels.Without your leadership at SPP we would not have had a chance to purchase these wheels. Thanks again.

Nope - www.ebay.com :)

No joke. There is even a vendor who is advertising the 9" for sale saying they'll be in stock in a week (when he gets them from SA). I think those buying now for resale on ebay made a big mistake. I think these wheels have seen the price ceiling and the only way forward is down. We'll see a flood of them on ebay and forums which will drive down the price from resales over the next 6 months.

In 6 months everyone will have moved on to the next new hot wheel. I'm happing I was able to get 6 9" wheels. I'll run two 9"s up front, have another two widened to 11.5" in back and then have two spares. I like the wheel and am sure something cooler will eventually take hold. But the price will be the same as these and I'll get to enjoy these until that time.

Imagine the discussion in the room when Jer first went to bat for another order of Alcoas.

Risky for SPP to pay up front for a truck load of Alcoas without a single paid pre-order? Depending on what you were reading in the threads and what you believed.....you betcha.

This is the most accurate post about the situation I've seen. It was EXACTLY like that. First meeting for the "new guy", and I'm asking for that kind of cash?

But, truth be told, the real hero here was Keith Belair, our CFO, who didn't waffle a bit. He looked at me and simply said "It's your decision".

As I've said earlier, THAT was why I posted this picture of him holding the first wheel when they arrived. Along with our Shipping Manager Bill Cherwin, whose team unpacked, inspected, and repacked every wheel (thousands of them), and Jonathan Eck, who personally contacted 90% of the pre-order customers one by one when their wheels arrived. He had an Excel spreadsheet a mile long.

It required a lot of cooperation and extra labor hours by the phone center staff, forklift drivers, our IT department, our Regional FedEx rep, Accounting, etc... etc... truly a team effort, and they all deserve credit.

Jer

alcoapic.jpg

alcoapic.jpg

"Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012."

And may you never leave sir!

it's really great that Shelby looks to fellow enthusiasts when preparing to fill critical positions such as yours,..... Great for all of us!

"Biggest UPDATE of ALL: Left Guitar Center and joined SA as Vice President, Shelby Performance Parts, August 2012."

And may you never leave sir!

it's really great that Shelby looks to fellow enthusiasts when preparing to fill critical positions such as yours,..... Great for all of us!

Thank you very very much.

Jer

This is the most accurate post about the situation I've seen. It was EXACTLY like that. First meeting for the "new guy", and I'm asking for that kind of cash?

But, truth be told, the real hero here was Keith Belair, our CFO, who didn't waffle a bit. He looked at me and simply said "It's your decision".

As I've said earlier, THAT was why I posted this picture of him holding the first wheel when they arrived. Along with our Shipping Manager Bill Cherwin, whose team unpacked, inspected, and repacked every wheel (thousands of them), and Jonathan Eck, who personally contacted 90% of the pre-order customers one by one when their wheels arrived. He had an Excel spreadsheet a mile long.

It required a lot of cooperation and extra labor hours by the phone center staff, forklift drivers, our IT department, our Regional FedEx rep, Accounting, etc... etc... truly a team effort, and they all deserve credit.

Jer

post-12143-0-85690700-1362540257_thumb.jpg

And They Lived Happily Ever After

THE END

?

And They Lived Happily Ever After

THE END

?

That was intended to give credit where it's due, and also to give some behind-the-scenes info for people who care.

If you think I'm being maudlin or cheesy, that's fine too.

Jer

truth be told...I havent seen a buzz like this around Shelby since the scramble to buy tix for Carrolls 85th bday.....

lots of people have come and gone at SA since then....but you brought back the buzz my friend.

give credit to whomever deserves it...I would expect no less from you......but you drove the bus on this one!

cudos! :salute:

That was intended to give credit where it's due, and also to give some behind-the-scenes info for people who care.

If you think I'm being maudlin or cheesy, that's fine too.

Jer

Not at all. You and the team pulled off what would have wagered would never happen. I was attempting to make a wise crack on whether or not we have truely seen the end of the Alcoa from Shelby Performance. You know, how the bad guy in movies always comes back to life one last time before finially being put down. Maybe that's a bad analogy.

Not at all. You and the team pulled off what would have wagered would never happen. I was attempting to make a wise crack on whether or not we have truely seen the end of the Alcoa from Shelby Performance. You know, how the bad guy in movies always comes back to life one last time before finially being put down. Maybe that's a bad analogy.

Ah....OK, I get it. Sorry I read it wrong...LOL...

And just for another bit of "behind-the-scenes" info that answers your thought: Internally at SPP, I named this whole Alcoa final sale "Project Dodo". So if we ever come out with a Shelby version of Trivial Pursuit, you'll all know the answer to THAT one!

Jer

truth be told...I havent seen a buzz like this around Shelby since the scramble to buy tix for Carrolls 85th bday.....

lots of people have come and gone at SA since then....but you brought back the buzz my friend.

give credit to whomever deserves it...I would expect no less from you......but you drove the bus on this one!

cudos! :salute:

Thank you, much appreciated.

Jer

Jer Is there any possible way that someone could ask Alcoa to make more 50th Anniv. wheels after all it is business that keeps companies going & the demand is there. Just my 2cts

I did, they declined. More than once.

Jer

Archived