TEAM SHELBY FORUM

* * * * DON'T FORGET * * * * Final Alcoa Sale Starts Monday Morning

So are we sold out yet? I think the 7 minutes is over. I said under an hour to be safe.

Jer, will you post when you guys are offically sold out of SETS of wheels. As I am sure you may have a staggler wheel or 2 left in inventory when all is said and done.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm SURE they're all long sold out, this was the CF many of us expected it to be. Web access went down at 0655. URLs were CHANGED when the products were made "available". While I got what I wanted into my Shopping Cart, I was never able to checkout. Still unable to get through by phone, but don't see any point in continuing to try. Makes me really want to buy more SA products... NOT!

I logged in at start time and went through the process. After many minutes, it just crashed and said system error. Started over, and at the end, said there was only one wheel left (10"). So I started over again and ordered four of the 9" wheel. Still very slow, but it went through just fine at about 8:25.

While I'm SURE they're all long sold out, this was the CF many of us expected it to be. Web access went down at 0655. URLs were CHANGED when the products were made "available". While I got what I wanted into my Shopping Cart, I was never able to checkout. Still unable to get through by phone, but don't see any point in continuing to try. Makes me really want to buy more SA products... NOT!

You got that right. I tried for 20 minutes to place an order and when I pressed submit, it took me 4 minutes to be told that the 20x10 were no longer available. All that was available were the 20x9's. I gave up.

Nice going Jer.

All wheel sizes are now sold out. Thanks to all for your support.

Jer

BTW: The system was slow to respond. But apparently it took every click I made on something. Each time I selected add to cart, it seemed like nothing was happening. But eventually, I had 12 wheels in my cart! So I had to change the value and recalculate, which took more time.

So the lesson was, click once and wait for it to respond.

BTW: The system was slow to respond. But apparently it took every click I made on something. Each time I selected add to cart, it seemed like nothing was happening. But eventually, I had 12 wheels in my cart! So I had to change the value and recalculate, which took more time.

that happened to me too, had 3 20x9 in my cart, and 4 20x10's in my cart, it took longer to get that fixed, so i had to end up with 4 9's

Yep,

The button would not depress but evidently was racking them up 'cause at one point I had 6ea 10's in my cart (but never could get to it to check out).

Just wanted 4ea 9's and 2ea 10's.

that happened to me too, had 3 20x9 in my cart, and 4 20x10's in my cart, it took longer to get that fixed, so i had to end up with 4 9's

Same thing happened to me. I ended up with 4-9's and 1-10. I got impatient and kept clicking. I have to find someone to trade a 9 for a 10 or have one of the 9's widened.

same here, got four nines........ can i just use the nines? on both front land rear how would that look??

It will look exactly the same. The 9's just limit the width of tire you can run on the rear. You can't run a 295 or 305 width on a 9. Normal max on a 9 is usually a 275, but some do go up to a 285. You just loose some of the effective grip and safety going over a 275. 255's on the front 275's on the rear on 9's is a normal stagger that looks great.

same here, got four nines........ can i just use the nines? on both front land rear how would that look??

Since the measurements from the mounting flange to the face of the wheel are essentially identical, they would "look" fine but you'd be stuck with even less of the inadequate traction you already have.

Same here and I did not want 4 9's so I let it go. Oh well

I was on at exactly 6am PST, it took 10 minutes just to get them in the cart and then when I went to the cart it had to many wheels in it. The website was all jacked up, by the time I got it right the 10's were gone.

Hopefully mostly folks that wanted them for their cars got them.

No dog in the fight, but this seems like a mess. How about a lottery drawing next time. Just a thought.

PS, If i'm wrongabout this being a mess, 1000 appologies.

It was a "lottery." The website didn't "crash," it could only process so many orders at a time. All of us had frozen computers, but the website was still processing everything. They only had a certain amount of wheels to sell and more of us wanted them than they had in inventory. It is not SPP's fault that we couldn't all get the wheels. This is not the norm for SPP, so don't blame them or refuse to do future business just because of this sale.

While I can certainly understand the disappointment from some who were not able to obtain a set of wheels lets not forget that as of six months ago there was a zero chance of anyone obtaining a set of these wheels.

We also have to keep in mind that SPP had a pre-order program open for weeks, with no order limits. And all of those orders were filled.

I would also like to point out that Jer/SPP could have taken the easy way out and just sent these remaining wheels to the second tier vendors, but no he/they wanted to give everyone a fair shot at buying these remaining wheels at the original prices. On top of that, the SPP team came in early on a Monday morning to facilitate the sale of these wheels.

Again I do understand some folks disappointment and as previously mentioned it would be great if these wheels could have been brought back 24/7 but they couldn't and we have to accept that. Jer and the SPP team did their best to accomedate as many as they could. For that they should be thanked.

Steve

While I can certainly understand the disappointment from some who were not able to obtain a set of wheels lets not forget that as of six months ago there was a zero chance of anyone obtaining a set of these wheels.

We also have to keep in mind that SPP had a pre-order program open for weeks, with no order limits. And all of those orders were filled.

I would also like to point out that Jer/SPP could have taken the easy way out and just sent these remaining wheels to the second tier vendors, but no he/they wanted to give everyone a fair shot at buying these remaining wheels at the original prices. On top of that, the SPP team came in early on a Monday morning to facilitate the sale of these wheels.

Again I do understand some folks disappointment and as previously mentioned it would be great if these wheels could have been brought back 24/7 but they couldn't and we have to accept that. Jer and the SPP team did their best to accomedate as many as they could. For that they should be thanked.

Steve

I would like to say thank you!

Steve

I think most (although dissapointed), agree with you Steve. Jer and Crew went above and beyond on this deal.

Steve

+1000000

well said Steve.

Jer and the whole team are to be commended for their efforts in this matter.

Thank you SPP!

Shelby Forever! :salute:

Archived