TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Better Tail Lights?

• 2 weeks later...

Would also love it to have the 13er tail lights for my 2010. Maybe Shelby can make some for the 2007 to 2009 and some for the 2010 to 2012 GT500.

If I understand correctly what's being asked in this thread, one major problem with duplicating the 2013 tail lamps is that their shape / size is different that the 2010-2012's. The 2013 rear bumper shape is also different to accommodate them (flatter along the top).

This is a big undertaking, and so many other companies specialize in lighting (Raxiom, etc...) and do it well.

I don't think you will see Shelby doing this.

Jer

This is a big undertaking, and so many other companies specialize in lighting (Raxiom, etc...) and do it well.

I don't think you will see Shelby doing this.

Jer

This is not my area of expertise, but this could be a pretty major money maker for somebody. Would be a significant upgrade in looks and functionality. Should be really easy to instal so everybody will want to do it (depending on cost, of course). Take the number of Mustangs sold 05 to 09 times estimated # that would do it - big $.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not my area of expertise, but this could be a pretty major money maker for somebody. Would be a significant upgrade in looks and functionality. Should be really easy to instal so everybody will want to do it (depending on cost, of course). Take the number of Mustangs sold 05 to 09 times estimated # that would do it - big $.

i doubt that. i personally do not like the look of the 2010+ rear end at all, including the lights. pretty sure a fair share of '05-'09 owners might feel the same.

i doubt that. i personally do not like the look of the 2010+ rear end at all, including the lights. pretty sure a fair share of '05-'09 owners might feel the same.

I agree - do not like the BODYWORK on the new cars. Ditto on the lights (2010). The LIGHTS, however on the 13s & 14s are completely different. Have you seen them? Observed how they change between running/brake/turn/backup?

What I am talking about is building a tail light with the same dimensions as what is on our cars now (no bodywork) but that replicates the look of the 13s/14s.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting, but not what I'm looking for.

Oh, what the heck, I'll just say it - I really do not like those lights. Somehow, something is not quite right in how they look. Hard to explain. Kind of like trying to explain to a non-car person the feeling you get sitting in a GT500 and firing it up for the first time after a long winter's nap.

Archived