TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 Modded vs 2013 stock

glroy

Got a week of driving our 07 GT500 down south. All I can say is WOW miss driving that car. My wife was also happy to see the 07, her first two comments were; it sure sound better then the 13 and the ride height looks way better than the 13.

Well back home and got a chance to take the 13 out in 51 F temps. All I can say is the 13 sure needs to get to the mod shop.

1 the 13 just does not have the getup and go the 07 has; the 331s have to go.

2 when the 13 does let go the ass is all over the road; Upper lowers watts springs and so on.

3 the sound of the 13 sucks " is this car running?" ; boss exhaust and Mac mufflers.

4 CAI 15% Lower and a tune for 91 gas: I want to be able to hear the supercharger.

Lost to love about the 13 and lots to fix. Will get about 6-8 K on it and then start to fix. One day it will be badder than the 07 and just as much fun to drive.

Shelby are great cars just need a little fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kicking the idea around of further modding my 07 or getting rid of it along with my Whippled 03 for a 2013/2014.

The mods are becoming a headache for smog time plus I feel compelled to sink more $$ into the 07 to get some of the goodies the 2013+ has, blower, brakes,etc. But it sounds like I couldn't keep the new one stock either.

This hobby is a curse.

I'm kicking the idea around of further modding my 07 or getting rid of it along with my Whippled 03 for a 2013/2014.

The mods are becoming a headache for smog time plus I feel compelled to sink more $$ into the 07 to get some of the goodies the 2013+ has, blower, brakes,etc. But it sounds like I couldn't keep the new one stock either.

This hobby is a curse.

once you have driven a properly setup car you cannot go back to stock. My wife who is not a gear head knows the 13 needs work.

once you have driven a properly setup car you cannot go back to stock. My wife who is not a gear head knows the 13 needs work.

+1

My 09 was a mess from the showroom, but now it feels just about right. It would be interesting to have you do a true comparison of the two cars by driving your favorite road or a lap at a track in both, gather the data and telemetry, and draw conclusions. Your 07 is down on power vs. the stock 13, but I bet it would perform better.

This hobby is a curse.

This hobby is a curse.

Ah yes but a labor of love without dought.... :happy feet:

Agreed. I know there'd be plenty I'd feel compelled to change which makes upgrading to one even harder.

I would upgrade from an older generation in a heart beat to a 13. There isn't much you have to change. Just do everything I did in my sig :). The only thing you should add is a lithium ion battery, and a tune, intake, TB, if you don't care about your warranty.

Also 315 tires in the rear with a 275 up front but again I have a tire warranty and speedo to think about so I was limited.

Other than that the 13 doesn't need anything else, it's good as is. Unless you want to nuts and get a griggs kit.

Archived