TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Driveability Issues with 275's on the Front?

frank bullitt

For the guys running 275's up front, have you found any adverse handling/steering issues you did not see with 255's?

Hi FB,

I'm running 275/40/18 on all 4 corners of my 2008KR, and the car is perfectly balanced

Tom

Running 275's up front and 285's in the rear. If the car had any tendencies to understeer, they were eliminated completely when going with the larger tire up front. Very happy.

I have 275/40-19s up front and 285/35-19 rears and I have not had any issues. I'm going to "square up" the car in a few weeks by putting 285/35-19s on all 4 corners.

Mark

That may prove interesting on the front end at full lock with full strut compression. You may catch the edge of the front fender under those conditions. I have not seen 285 all around, at least not on the track. Let us know what you learn after you have some miles on it with that set up.

Jim

Edit: Can't spell.

That may prove interesting on the front end at full lock with full strut compression. You may catch the edge of the front fender under those conditions. I have not seen 285 all around, at least not on the track. Let us know what you learn after you have some miles on it with that set up.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I know there are several others on the forums that run a 285/35-19 setup on all 4 corners, but I don't know if they track them. As it stands right now, I can't go to full steering lock at any compression with the 275s because of the FRPP brake duct kit I just added. The best I can get is just a touch over 99% of full lock with the car on jackstands.

I'll keep in touch and let everyone know how it works out.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

just made the switch myself to 275's up front and love it. The 255 fronts/ 285's rear seemed to track funny on some roads and now with the 275's up front the tracking issues have disappeared.

Hi Jim,

I know there are several others on the forums that run a 285/35-19 setup on all 4 corners, but I don't know if they track them. As it stands right now, I can't go to full steering lock at any compression with the 275s because of the FRPP brake duct kit I just added. The best I can get is just a touch over 99% of full lock with the car on jackstands.

I'll keep in touch and let everyone know how it works out.

Mark

I would also be interested in the new set up since I am also considering putting the 285/35/19 tires on the from of my 2010 GT 500 also and have been advised that I shouldnt have any problems, I also dont have the brake duct to contend with. Let us know, Brad

• 4 weeks later...

Running 285/40-18s all around. Had to cut away a little of the fender liners each side but other than that, no problems. Front end has way better cornering grip now.

Curious as to whether your car is lowered at all? I'm about to go full coilover so expect about 2" drop in back & 1" or so in front & would like to wind up "square" with 285/40/18 all around in a Toyo Poxes or similar track tire that I can drive to & from the track on dry roads.

Wonder if a 275/40/18 would clear in front without cutting?

i am stock height, and i am running 285's all the way around with no problems, and i tracked the heck out of it at Spring Mountain @ the Bash last month

Hi Randy,

I didn't think you were running 285's all around at Hastings, so did you finally break down and get some track tires?

Mark

I am lowered on Steeda Competition Springs on my 13 GT with FRPP Brake Ducts.

285/35R18 on all 4 corners with Michelin Pilot Super Sport on Enkei PF-01 for daily driving and Toyo R888 295/30R18 on all 4 corners on Forgestar F14 for the track and no issues. Drove the hell out of the car on the Toyos for the Bash and all was fine.

Wide tires in a square set-up was a massive improvement over the Factory 245/R19 that came on my car.

Hi Randy,

I didn't think you were running 285's all around at Hastings, so did you finally break down and get some track tires?

Mark

Mark i got new shoes, at Hastings and Spring Mountain last year, i had nitto nt05 315/40/18's on the rear, and stock 255's upfront now i go f1 285 KR's all the way around

Mark i got new shoes, at Hastings and Spring Mountain last year, i had nitto nt05 315/40/18's on the rear, and stock 255's upfront now i go f1 285 KR's all the way around

Good deal. It has to help the handling quite a bit over the stock 255's. I now have 285/35-19 Bridgestone RE-11's all the way around. Haven't had it on the track yet, but I am hoping that I can go to Topeka in May.

Mark

Just to chime in as well, I'm now running 275/35/20 Michelin Pilot SS all 4 corners - feels better on the road than the OEM 265 width F1s up front (SVTPP), though I'm sure it's mostly a product of having new tires and the Michelins vs F1

nothing but good news on the road so far, hoping to give them a run on Sebring in June

Archived