TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Hidden Feature

Eric Etkin

Its like XBox. Use this sequence:

Brake, clutch, gas, clutch, shift, clutch, gas, clutch, shift, clutch, gas, clutch, shift, clutch, gas.

That unlocks race mode. You'll be well over 130 mph by then.

I found the secret race mode! Its the pedal by my right foot. With the clutch pressed to the floor, I press this pedal and it revs the engine over 3000rpm, let out the clutch and hang on.

Its like XBox. Use this sequence:

Brake, clutch, gas, clutch, shift, clutch, gas, clutch, shift, clutch, gas, clutch, shift, clutch, gas.

That unlocks race mode. You'll be well over 130 mph by then.

:hysterical2:

On the four way- up, down, up, down, left, left, right, right, right, select, and then hit the hazard, key off, key on.

Advance Track will change to "Race Mode Active".

Isnt this posted in the 2013-2014 section somewhere? I thought everyone knew about that.

In addition to being able to change the steering mode 8pi swear I remember reading that there was a "secret" race mode that couldn't be unlocked with a certain combination of key presses. Am I imagining things?

Actually, I know that there is a button sequence you can use to eliminate the initial break-in rev limiter period (5 consecutive miles driven or 50 start cycles, whichever comes first). I suspect it works to put the limiter back on too but I just don't know.

Two young salesmen at the Dealership where I bought my 2010 GT500 were assisting my sale (actually, trying to assist in moving the car off of the showroom floor and hoping for a back-seat 'test drive', which one did get). One of them started spouting off the sequence and ended it with, "But you didn't hear that from ME" and the primary Saleswoman (Crissy Uptain) confirmed their account. The problem is, I had NO idea what they were talking about (it was a impulse buy) and so I paid NO attention to them and I didn't note it down anywhere. It was about 4 or 5 buttons, some held for X seconds, some held simultaneously but two different people gave the same sequence (in tandem).

It's a series of button pushes and holds, just like you use with your X-box or PS3 controller for cheats and Easter eggs. But you use the steering wheel buttons and I *think* the DIC buttons.

I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since and trying to find out what the button sequence was (the one kid who told me isn't at the dealership that I've seen). I figure if it works to remove it, it may possibly work to reinstate it. And if I can put it back ON, I could use it for Valet parking (or when I let a friends son take it down the block).

I know it is effective because when I took my car off the lot for a test drive (before I signed on the dotted line) I stomped on it getting onto the freeway and when it acted like a NA V-6, I gave the sales man in the back seat a look to kill in the rearview mirror (I was thinking, this thing is a DOG). He saw the look and told me about the break-in limiter so it was no biggie (it was about 5-1/2 miles to my house so I got to feel boost as I was on the main (4 lanes wide) street entering my sub-division).

If anyone has a way of finding out what the button sequence is, I'd sure like to try it to see if it works in reverse (adding the initial limiter rather than removing it).

And I figure if THAT is a "Easter egg" in the system, there are liable to be more. It sure would be nice to have a static rev limiter I could add with a series of button pushes.

Anyone?

Phill (and, not sure if it was exclusive to 2010 or all years after that have the 5-mi rev limiter on the car).

Are you talking about pressing the brake pedal and pushing the TC button twice, quick like??

Or press the brake pedal and HOLD the TC button for 8-10 seconds. THAT one is fairly unknown and from what I remember, not documented in the Owners Manual.

Phill

Actually, I'm trying to get mine out of a "mode". See, I bought it from an old man in a back brace--his brother had owned it--and the radio won't pick up anything but oldies and the odometer keeps turning backwards. What do I do?

Actually, I'm trying to get mine out of a "mode". See, I bought it from an old man in a back brace--his brother had owned it--and the radio won't pick up anything but oldies and the odometer keeps turning backwards. What do I do?

Engage the flux capacitor with 1.2 Gigawatts of electricity...GREAT SCOTT!

Phill

The generation gap goin on here-

Anyone born in the 40-50s of course knows that as Gort, the robot in "The Day the Earth Stood Still", and no, not the Keanu Reeves one. The original, the classic, the best sci-fi film of its time that carries a real message and lesson- it literally set the standard.

Anyone born after the 60s probably remembers that phrase from The Evil Dead/ Army if Darkness movies, and if there teens here I'm sure they would think its Klingon.

I was born in the 70s, but I'm a movie nut, so of course I have seen the origins of that phrase.

Btw- I was joking about the steering wheel button sequence...apparently no one caught the joke. Lol

Archived