TEAM SHELBY FORUM

World full of Surprises

Shelby101

I just returned to my room from breakfast when I hear a rumble. I look out my window and see a Shelby Cobra and Ford GT40 going by. It is 9:45 am Sunday morning.here in Melbourne.

Wow, welcome to Australia!!!

Yet another reason to visit Australia. :happy feet:

Reminds me of a trip I took to Germany in 2008. We were on a tour bus and we had just entered an 'unrestricted' portion of the Autoban. The bus driver came on the intercom to tell us not to be surprised if were suddenly passed by a car traveling at a hight rate of speed, as it was common to see some of the German makes (such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi) running well into triple digits speeds.

Just as he finished saying this, you could hear a rumble off in the distance. It didn't sound 'German', it sounded more familiar. A few seconds later a Grabber Orange / White stripe GT500 blew past the bus. The Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes, and Audi's moved to the slow lane to let him pass. Much cheering and aplause erupted from bus passengers.

The driver made no more comments about the speed of German cars.

Z-man

Reminds me of a trip I took to Germany in 2008. We were on a tour bus and we had just entered an 'unrestricted' portion of the Autoban. The bus driver came on the intercom to tell us not to be surprised if were suddenly passed by a car traveling at a hight rate of speed, as it was common to see some of the German makes (such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi) running well into triple digits speeds.

Just as he finished saying this, you could hear a rumble off in the distance. It didn't sound 'German', it sounded more familiar. A few seconds later a Grabber Orange / White stripe GT500 blew past the bus. The Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes, and Audi's moved to the slow lane to let him pass. Much cheering and aplause erupted from bus passengers.

Z-man

I'm lucky to know the feeling............................ :shift:

Thanks for sharing your story Z :rockon:

Z-man

I'm lucky to know the feeling............................ :shift:

Thanks for sharing your story Z :rockon:

Great story, I love it!

My CSI skills tell me that was probably Patrick, as he had the only GO GT500 over there early on....

Archived