TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ultimate GT500 Color - Imagine if it came in this-

Am I reading this wrong, or do you see this car as being green? It's actually a flat black - matte finish.

Forgive me if I misunderstood.

whoops, no sorry. Didn't mean that. I meant that in addition to the awesome flat black above, I was separately hoping for green. Bad placement of "also" on my part. Cheers.

Don't kid yourselves, that paint is F'in expensive. Its the same paint that the military puts on tanks. Very, very, very strong and durable. Chip resistant? You could hit it with a ballpeen hammer and it wouldn't chip. Oh, you would dent the shit out of the body for sure, but the paint would not chip; Mil Spec stuff. I have a friend of mine who painted his 4WD Excurison with that stuff about three years ago, and to this day he does not have one scratch on it, and he drives through dry brush almost everytime he goes off roading.

Killer paint, and it really does look good on that MB too.

Don't kid yourselves, that paint is F'in expensive. Its the same paint that the military puts on tanks. Very, very, very strong and durable. Chip resistant? You could hit it with a ballpeen hammer and it wouldn't chip. Oh, you would dent the shit out of the body for sure, but the paint would not chip; Mil Spec stuff. I have a friend of mine who painted his 4WD Excurison with that stuff about three years ago, and to this day he does not have one scratch on it, and he drives through dry brush almost everytime he goes off roading.

Killer paint, and it really does look good on that MB too.

How much would it cost to paint a car like that? I'd seriously consider doing this to my Gt500.

How much would it cost to paint a car like that? I'd seriously consider doing this to my Gt500.

D420,

The paint alone will take at least $1,000 to 1,500.00 out of your wallet depending on the quanity needed to cover the car. You would have to check with your local body shop to determine the cost of labor though.

But you would never have to paint your car ever again, and you would never get a scratch either.

Archived