TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Upper Control Arm adjustable

flo

Hello, my 2011 GT500 has been lowered with Ford Racing springs -1.25".

I have a low grinding noise from the axle.

I drain twice and add some anti-friction additive but the noise is still there.

So I would like to adjust the pinion angle with an adjustable rear upper control arm.

What do you think about the differents rear UCA ?

UPR, BMR, Steeda....

Is there a real advantage to change the UCA mount ?

Just to understand how to adjust the pinion angle, do I need to shorten or extend the length of the OEM UCA ?

Thank you for your help.

Before you push the buy it now button have someone put an ear to your differential. Check out some threads/posts on gear noise. I had a noise in my differential and had the gears replaced under warranty. The noise was most noticed when comming off the gas and disappeared when I got back on the gas. This may not be your situation but I would not want to see you buy the UCA and still have the noise. You could still purchace a UCA I did. It just has not jumped from the box to the car yet. Thanks. -Kevin

• 4 months later...

I am installing an upper control arm mount and cant get my gas tank to drop. I have loosened the straps that hold it I place. Is there something else holding it up? Any help you can give is greatly apprecieated.

The gas tank is just stuck on the chassis.

You must pull the tank down gently after lossen the bolts.

The gas tank is made in fiber.

it will make some noises and crackles.

Do not remove the bolts.

post-27328-0-47489800-1373004715_thumb.jpg

post-27328-0-47489800-1373004715_thumb.jpg

I have installed the BMR Rear upper control arm adjustable with the BMR UCA Mount.

I try to change the differential bushing but I can't remove the OEM bushing from the axle..

post-27328-0-81105300-1373004804_thumb.jpg

post-27328-0-81105300-1373004804_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would prefer to remove the OEM differential bushing without a hole saw.

Anyone has already removed the OEM differential bushing ?

Yup. I actually removed the whole thing, including the metal shell. Some guys do that with a big hammer, but thats not my MO. I modified a Maximum Motorsports bushing tool for the pre-2005 cars to work with mine. But my next step was to mount the bushing on my drill press and used a hole saw lubricated with dish detergent to get the metal tube and most of the rubber out of the shell. I used a knife and a 1" wire wheel to get the inside of the tube squeeky clean. You can, in fact, do that with the bushing in the car. Most people do. It's just alot more annoying.

Steve

Archived