TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When will this all end?

joebob948

I am really getting very impatient with these weather patterns that have been moving through the Northeast --it seems that every other day we are getting SNOW!!!!!! Also, the temperatures have been in the low 20's!!!! If I could only get my hands on that groundhog that predicted an early spring (haha )!!!!!!!! There is so much fricken rock salt on the road that I prob could create my own pile if I swept in front of my house!!!!!!! To say I'm pissed is putting it mildly!!!! Luckily I received a Flex 3401 VRG from my wife for Xmas and was able to do my car.....unfortunately NOT being able to drive it!!!!

So how about it all of you winter warriors, are you getting frustrated too?????????????? :rant2:

I am really getting very impatient with these weather patterns that have been moving through the Northeast --it seems that every other day we are getting SNOW!!!!!! Also, the temperatures have been in the low 20's!!!! If I could only get my hands on that groundhog that predicted an early spring (haha )!!!!!!!! There is so much fricken rock salt on the road that I prob could create my own pile if I swept in front of my house!!!!!!! To say I'm pissed is putting it mildly!!!! Luckily I received a Flex 3401 VRG from my wife for Xmas and was able to do my car.....unfortunately NOT being able to drive it!!!!

So how about it all of you winter warriors, are you getting frustrated too?????????????? :rant2:

Dude, where I live, we refer to your weather conditions as "spring". :D

Still, your correct, this type of weather blows.

QSS

We all down here in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and South Carolina got together and decided to turn on all of our Fans and point them NorthEast to keep it all up there so we can enjoy sunny days and convertible Top Down Driving and sun batheing on the beachs....THANKS.

:rockon:

I took my ride out on Monday. It was cold, however, it was at least sunny. That lasted for about 10 minutes when the snow showers started. I got the car back into the garage just in time. I am thinking "are you kidding me, can I just get a half an hour to burn some tire?" This winter feels like it is never going to end. I guess I really shouldn't be complaining. I could be further Northeast where they are getting crushed with snow. I guess I should count myself lucky for at least getting 10 minutes out on the road. Oh well, I will just keep watching the weather and look for the break. LOL.

Here in NE Ohio, outside of the snow belt, the winter has been HORRIBLE, especially compared to last winter.

I ran my snow blower 3 times last winter. This year I've used it on the average of 4 times a MONTH!!!! :cold:

To say I'm sick of winter would be a gross understatement! :mad:

Please feel free to send me your snow. While the mountains of Colorado have done ok, here just North of Denver we have only had one snow in December of about 2". Normally we have many, many large storms by now. We have had none! My snow plow truck has not even been started this year. My hay fields are probably going to be a total loss this year. We are in one of the worst droughts in history here right now.

Darn rain.Seems like the whole week we have sunshine, then the rain comes for a day. Now I have to wait until tomorrow. Man I am mad! Why are you all upset? Is it something I said? :hysterical:Seriously, hang in there you guys.

Just about the time I snow blow the driveway, I get one day of dry weather, and then another day of snow arrives. On top of it all, the temps average highs of 15 degrees which is warm to the -8 we are getting tonight. Wind chills in the -30 range! Global warming? No such thing, at least not this year. Enough already!

I got mine out tuesday morning before the rain came in, I agree this weather is messing with us we need a few days with out rain or snow to clear and dry the roads. The salt can also be a problem, the truck must have stopped at the end of my street and left the spreader running because there is a big pile of salt that the last two rains have not been able to wash away.....keep your chin up spring is almost here,

We all down here in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee and South Carolina got together and decided to turn on all of our Fans and point them NorthEast to keep it all up there so we can enjoy sunny days and convertible Top Down Driving and sun batheing on the beachs....THANKS.

Thanks I hope it works

Please feel free to send me your snow. While the mountains of Colorado have done ok, here just North of Denver we have only had one snow in December of about 2". Normally we have many, many large storms by now. We have had none! My snow plow truck has not even been started this year. My hay fields are probably going to be a total loss this year. We are in one of the worst droughts in history here right now.

Here in Northwest South Dakota we are in the same drought situation-totally brown ground and we have had only a little snow all winter-east of the Missouri it is another story and they are getting dumped on. Hay is already in short supply due to the shortage last year and I can't believe the trucks that are still going south loaded with hay. Hopefully we get some of those spring wet snows. We are in the 1-3 inches for a big storm that is supposed to go more south and east the end of this week. We'll have to wait and see!

and we will send ambulances when you are slitting your wrists from April to November in that disgusting heat! :barf:

Water restrictions were just imposed down here in The Springs.

Good for my utility bill (my HOA can't fine me for a brown lawn) but bad for my lawn. If it dies, it cost LOTS of money to get it back.

We're with you. One snow storm (dumped a little one day, skipped a day and dumped again) for a total of about 2".

Now if this damn COLD would just go away, I'd be okay with it. One day in the 50's or 60's then 3, 4 or 5 in the 20's.

BLAH!

Phill

This thread must be working. It's snowing like a mother out right now and we're supposed to get about 6" tonight. That will help. It seems pretty wet also.

We're getting what looks like fog but is leaving the ground wet. A VERY light drizzle, or a very heavy fog.

Strange. It RARELY rains here in the winter. Too cold so it's snows. Usually.

And still COLD, just not cold enough to freeze (33 right now).

EDIT: I spoke too soon. We're getting hammered with light fluffy (but DEEP) snow. My mini poodle just went out to pee and it's up past her chest.. That's cool, we NEED IT!

Phill

Viva Las Vegas, works for me. Today is 45F with drizzle. We average only 3' of rain a year, so its not very green. And you gotta like 100F+ in the summer...but its a dry heat :huh:

That's a LOT of rain!

I might have been tempted by Las Vegas when I first met it: a nice little rail stop, public park in the middle of town had shade trees and was the coolest spot around. No air conditioning in 1945-1946. Last time I went through there the traffic was such a mess, even in a not-rush-hour time, it was difficult to get on and off the crowded freeways, and the only place they got you to was out of town. Quite a bit later.

Over here in San Diego we complain it's cold when the high temperature is lower than 58 degrees, and hot when it's 80 or above. It has rained half an inch in the past five days, two of which were dry. When there are two dry days in a row, evidence of past rain is gone, absent, just a memory. So I went for a little drive today, touched the ton and a couple tenths, a few .8-G episodes, all very fulfilling. Just now there was a 30-second shower that almost moistened the ground. Snow level in the mountains (half an hour away) was down to 2500 feet or so, might be lower in some places. Really hard to criticize the area, when it's like this for a couple or three days, a couple or three weeks in the year. Average rainfall is around ten inches. We do live on the edge of the desert, and when the water disputes get serious there'll be some serious adjustments to make.

Archived