TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Tag Help Needed

ati

At one time the Romeo engine plant niche-line had a web site and if you donated to their charity they would send you a t-shirt and a stamped engine tag with your engine builders names on them. The links I have don't work anymore. Does anyone have a link that works? Does this group even exist anymore?

I would like to get an extra engine tag for my white 09 Shelby that I just bought. My builders are
Ivonne Fowler & Tammy Aguiar

Any help or info appreciated,

I recall you could get T-shirts, but I don't think they ever sold extra engine tags. If they did, I would have certainly purchased one.

In either case, all the links I had for them no longer work either :shrug:

I recall you could get T-shirts, but I don't think they ever sold extra engine tags. If they did, I would have certainly purchased one.

In either case, all the links I had for them no longer work either :shrug:

Back in January or February of 2009 I clicked a link about donating and someone from the niche-line charity called me, I forgot his name but I gave him my info and I was sent 2 engine tags and a t-shirt. All I needed to do was paypal a donation to them.

Back in January or February of 2009 I clicked a link about donating and someone from the niche-line charity called me, I forgot his name but I gave him my info and I was sent 2 engine tags and a t-shirt. All I needed to do was paypal a donation to them.

I wish I knew that then :doh:

There used to be a guy on the forums whose screen name was "Niche Line Tom" (or something very close to that), but I haven't seen him on-line in a loooong time.

A few engine tags got out before Ford cracked down on them. A few were given away. Never sold.

T-Shirt sales ended years ago. I have all the colors all signed. 5 of them. Only wear one of them. The others are collector items.

At one time the Romeo engine plant niche-line had a web site and if you donated to their charity they would send you a t-shirt and a stamped engine tag with your engine builders names on them. The links I have don't work anymore. Does anyone have a link that works? Does this group even exist anymore?

I would like to get an extra engine tag for my white 09 Shelby that I just bought. My builders are
Ivonne Fowler & Tammy Aguiar

Any help or info appreciated,

Ivonne & Tammy built my motor in my '08 'vert (It was a freak motor too that put down loads of power :worship: ...I sold the car two years ago), and I also have a shirt signed by them.

I've got a great picture of them together, send me an email at, likes2drive@gmail.com and I'll reply with the pic for you

Tom

Ivonne & Tammy built my motor in my '08 'vert (It was a freak motor too that put down loads of power :worship: ...I sold the car two years ago), and I also have a shirt signed by them.

I've got a great picture of them together, send me an email at, likes2drive@gmail.com and I'll reply with the pic for you

Tom

Good form Tom................ :salute:

Tom

email sent

Thank You

A few engine tags got out before Ford cracked down on them. A few were given away. Never sold.

T-Shirt sales ended years ago. I have all the colors all signed. 5 of them. Only wear one of them. The others are collector items.

Yeah, pure speculation on my part but I don't think FoMoCo appreciated them making money off of their jobs. And using the Ford owned likeness (engine tags, Ford logo, etc.). I know for fact Ford closed them down, iti's just speculation on the reason why.

Too bad. Ford should take a note and maybe embrace it and use the proceedes for charity, something like the CSCF did/does.

I'd LOVE to have a shirt like that.

ARE YOU LISTENING, FORD MOTOR COMPANY!?!?!?

Do either of you two that had personal contact with the niche line guys still have a contact number?

Kind of like getting headrests custom made, if ya know what I mean Grabber! <evil grin>

Phill

Yeah, pure speculation on my part but I don't think FoMoCo appreciated them making money off of their jobs. And using the Ford owned likeness (engine tags, Ford logo, etc.). I know for fact Ford closed them down, iti's just speculation on the reason why.

Too bad. Ford should take a note and maybe embrace it and use the proceedes for charity, something like the CSCF did/does.

Do either of you two that had personal contact with the niche line guys still have a contact number?

Kind of like getting headrests custom made, if ya know what I mean Grabber! <evil grin>

Phill

That's what my original post is asking. All the links for this charity have dried up. Like I said in an earlier post, for a paypal donation I received 2 signed engine tags and a t-shirt. The problem I have now is that my 2 signed tags don't match the builders that I have now. The 2 tags that I have are Mel Darrington & Paul Dourghety. The tags that I need now are Ivonne Fowler & Tammy Aguiar

Phill

The money that was made all went to the Detroit Food bank to feed the hungry.

Everything I read about the niche line engine tags talk about the team that built their engine. My tag only has one name on it, Is there anyone else that only has one name on their tag?

Can you post a picture of your tag?

Everything I read about the niche line engine tags talk about the team that built their engine. My tag only has one name on it, Is there anyone else that only has one name on their tag?

Strange What i have seen there (Romeo Engine Plant) It takes two people to build the engine , not sure why there would be only one name on your tag.

Makes yours that much more unique

My mistake. I looked at it today and there was some tape hanging down off the air box and it was covering the other name on the plate. The other name was hard to make out, it looked like O.J. Hensen or B.J. Hensen. The last name is just a guess also.

• 11 months later...

This would make a great thread just disclose names on your engine tag.

My tag reads Paul Daveter and Jeff Hamblin. 08 Shelby KR built 4/08. For some reason, I could not find out the exact day it roll off the line. Any input on getting this date would be appreciated.

Google search Ford Show Parts. I bought a 2008 Shelby GT500 a year ago and was able to get certificate of authenticity from them for 45$. It will tell you the day it came off the line and production numbers, a real nice certificate. You also could get a copy of the window sticker. A real nice site with some cool stuff.

MVIC1518, thanks for your advice. I actually bought a copy of the MSRP sticker and was lucky to get the SVT certificate. Unfortunately no date, just month and year. I will revisit again and try Ford Show Parts.

MVIC1518, thanks for your advice. I actually bought a copy of the MSRP sticker and was lucky to get the SVT certificate. Unfortunately no date, just month and year. I will revisit again and try Ford Show Parts.

SKR664,

Are you referring to the day your KR first rolled off the line at Flat Rock, or from SA in Las Vegas?

If Flat Rock, enter your VIN here http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html and look for the number sequence that starts with 12007 or 12008 for year, next 2 digits for month and another 2 digits for day - followed by several more.

PS: This same info is most likely found on the driver's side door jamb VIN sticker.

Actually both would be nice to know. I just tried the link you suggested and it is down. I will try later. Would you happen to know how to get the production roll date from SA? Should I contact Steve?

I actually bought a copy of the MSRP sticker and was lucky to get the SVT certificate. Unfortunately no date, just month and year.

You can' get the window stickers on-line for FREE. And I was pretty sure the actual production date (day/month/year) is on the window sticker. But I can't remember how to decipher it.

Phill

Thanks Phil, I will look at it again. any advice on getting the final date when it rolled out of the SA factory?

I think Steve is your best hope for that. Wasn't there a Shelby window sticker on them too?

And don't quote me on the DAY being included on the factory window sticker. I *know* the month/year is there but I only *think* the day is there too.

Phill

I just checked mine again. The Shelby sticker does not have the date. I will see what Steve has to say. Thanks for your help. By the way, I read your list of mods. Very impressive. I am guessing you love your car! When you get those 20's on you need to post some pics. Would also love to see your front suspension with the 8 qt pan. Good stuff!

Archived