TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Better Tail Lights?

Shelbyville

While still not a fan of the new rear end on the mustang, I do have to admit the tail lights on the 13s look pretty sharp! Has anyone come out with something similar for our cars?

Something else I would like to change - is it possible to slow down the flash for the turn signals? With sequentials you are now trying to get three flashes in the same amount of time that you had for one and it just doesn't look right. I realize its not like the old days where you could just swap out the flasher or add some resistance in the line but surely there's a way?

Can't help with adapting the 2013 lights to older models but some sequential flasher harnesses, like the one I bought from Shelby are adjustable and you can adjust the flash by following their instructions.

Perhaps look at your rear wire harness and see if the flash is adjustable in the set you currently have. The adjuster will be near the back of the tail lamps so you must take off the rear trunk cover to see it.

Hope that helps a bit.. If you see small plastic housings with what I call dip switches sticking out you may well have adjustable flashers. Let me know if you want me to enter the sequence here for adjustable flash sequence i.e.. how to make the flash slower or faster..

Nice! How did the install go for you? Any tips or suggestions other than what they post on line? How is the quality? I'm thinking about wrapping a set in carbon fiber. Talking to Cervini they say the lights seperate from the housing. Do you see an easy way to do that?

Took me about 3 hours, including removing to stock lights. Double sided tape, so be careful in lining everything up, cause once it sticks, its on there. Instructions call for, believe it or not, for quarters to use as spacers to line everything up. The instructions were spot on for me. I took my time. Very bright and the sequentials are awesome! I would recommend having a second pair of hands. You will have to remove the faux cap and reinstall it on the center piece. Due to the depth of the center section, you will no longer be able to use your key for the trunk lock.

I considered those but I like having some separation between the lights and the stripes. Also not sure how the black background will look with black stripes. I do like how they accentuate the "width" of the car rather than the "height".

Who makes the lights for the 13s? Do they do anything in the aftermarket?

Can't help with adapting the 2013 lights to older models but some sequential flasher harnesses, like the one I bought from Shelby are adjustable and you can adjust the flash by following their instructions.

Perhaps look at your rear wire harness and see if the flash is adjustable in the set you currently have. The adjuster will be near the back of the tail lamps so you must take off the rear trunk cover to see it.

Hope that helps a bit.. If you see small plastic housings with what I call dip switches sticking out you may well have adjustable flashers. Let me know if you want me to enter the sequence here for adjustable flash sequence i.e.. how to make the flash slower or faster..

Checked my lights - they are not adjustable.

Just checked Shelby Perf. Parts - they don't list any programmable sequentials.

Archived