TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/ Wilwood Rear 4-Piston Big Brake Kit - Fitment?

ViperNC

http://www.shelbysto...5mk-2300-ur.htm

Been eyeballing these brakes for front and rear on my 09 car and was cleaning my wheels yesterday when I noticed the clearance between the rear stock caliper and the wheel is REALLY close. I'm wondering if I'll have any issues with this upgrade? My rear wheels have a three inch polished aluminum lip and wondering if I went too deep to upgrade the brakes. Any thoughts on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Spoke with Wilwood and they are researching with Steve at True Forged to get full specs on the rear wheels and then take measurements. Won't have any clearance issues vertically with 20 inch wheels. The Wilwood rotor hat does set the rotor back further away from the wheel, but the question is if the caliper will clear the spokes of the wheel or not. Hope to have the answer soon.

• 1 month later...

Comment from Wilwood rep:

The front caliper over-hang measurement of 1.17” is for the front 14” W6A kit. The 13”/14” FNSLR6 kits measure out to be .75”. So it looks like these kits would work fine in your wheels. The rear caliper over-hang is 0.01”…so this means, where the wheel mounts to the hat/rotor, the caliper sit’s pretty flush (minimal over-hang). So if your stock rear brakes fit your wheels, our kit will most definitely fit.

Comment from Wilwood rep:

The front caliper over-hang measurement of 1.17” is for the front 14” W6A kit. The 13”/14” FNSLR6 kits measure out to be .75”. So it looks like these kits would work fine in your wheels. The rear caliper over-hang is 0.01”…so this means, where the wheel mounts to the hat/rotor, the caliper sit’s pretty flush (minimal over-hang). So if your stock rear brakes fit your wheels, our kit will most definitely fit.

Wait, those wildwood rear brakes fit got stock 07 gt500 wheels too right?

• 3 weeks later...

I have not pulled the trigger yet. Waiting to see if SPP will ever have a sale on these before ordering directly from Wilwood.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I pulled the trigger on both Wilwood fronts and rears. The fronts clear the SVTPP wheel better than the stock. The rears take a little extra install procedures. The rear axle shafts must be removed to assemble the parking brake component. In addition, I need to shave the rear sway bar ends just a bit to add more clearance from the inside rear rotors. This is being done tomorrow. Other than that, the brakes look great and you do notice the additional stopping power. Brake dust I'd nearly eliminated. I have pics if needed.

Hey guys,

I pulled the trigger on both Wilwood fronts and rears. The fronts clear the SVTPP wheel better than the stock. The rears take a little extra install procedures. The rear axle shafts must be removed to assemble the parking brake component. In addition, I need to shave the rear sway bar ends just a bit to add more clearance from the inside rear rotors. This is being done tomorrow. Other than that, the brakes look great and you do notice the additional stopping power. Brake dust I'd nearly eliminated. I have pics if needed.

Can you post the pics?

• 4 months later...

The Wilwood's are on the car.... finally. Was a little surprised we had to pull the axles to install the rear parking brake assembly and had I known that I would have also gone forward with the low profile diff cover. Oh well. Another project for another time. 2nd item to note is the stock front brake backing plates don't fit with this setup. The plate itself comes in contact with the Wilwood rotor so you have to go with the Shelby brake duct kit. Lastly, I had concerns about the rear brakes fitting in the deep dish wheels and fortunately there is plenty of clearance. Unfortunately, the rotor hat on the Wilwood kit is about 3/8 inch less thickness than the stock hat which became an issue when we attempted to put the center caps back in the wheels and they made contact with the axle. So we are going to order a couple of aluminum wheel spacers to solve the issue. We did not have to cut the rear sway bar in this case as there was also plenty of clearance. Other than that, the car looks bad ass with the new setup. Will try to post up some photos soon. :salute:

Hey guys,

Just curious to what the fronts and rear cost you? Did you get them on sale?

Hello Nordic,

I bought the front and rears in March 2013 and received 10% off (saved 416.24). Total $ out the door including shipping was $3979.91. I re-checked the price on Shelby Performance Parts website this morning and non discounted pricing was the same.

Thanks for the details. I want a set of Wilwoods really bad.

Super hiss,

Assuming your running the Brembo fronts, that set up will give you 4 piston back and front. I think the clamping force ratio is 70/30 predominately on the front. When you get them on, I would curious on if you notice any difference at all. I know when I changed the front, there was a noticeable difference.

dude, im getting soo pissed off fixing this half ass shit ford does. i might as well bought a beater and saved up for a 2013. thanks for the though ohio, i guess van thought i had a 2013 since he has so many clients. you should hear the guff he gives me for having kooks headers

Curious to hear what the issue with kooks headers is. I've thought kooks is one of the best header companies. I love them on my car and they sound great. Besides stainless works and american racing, I don't believe they are that much better than kooks.

I'm sure you will definitely love the brakes upgrades. After I did the Baer extremes, it was like a whole new car braking wise.

Archived