TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MGP Rear Caliper Covers

Coachmoe

Greetings!

I have a 2007 GT 500 with Shelby CS 40 Staggered wheels. I would like to put a set of the MGP REAR caliper covers on the car. Anybody out there have the same wheels and installed caliper covers? Any fitment issues? :unsure:

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:rockon:

Why do you say don't? Just curious.

Because they are cheap accessories (overpriced actually) that make it look like your car has something it doesn't. In this case, bigger brake calipers. To someone that knows what they are looking at, they stick out like a sore thumb and absolutely scream 'fake'.

Greetings!

I have a 2007 GT 500 with Shelby CS 40 Staggered wheels. I would like to put a set of the MGP REAR caliper covers on the car. Anybody out there have the same wheels and installed caliper covers? Any fitment issues? :unsure:

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:rockon:

Although I do not have the CS40 wheel, I thought I would give you an idea of what the MGP covers look like installed. I think the MGP covers clean-up the apprearance of the rear brakes. I believe SPP may still sell the Shelby version of these caliper covers.

post-28117-0-71251600-1361335358_thumb.jpg post-28117-0-16594200-1361335465_thumb.jpg

post-28117-0-71251600-1361335358_thumb.jpg

post-28117-0-16594200-1361335465_thumb.jpg

I have them on my car. While far from ideal, they do serve the intended purpose which is to cover up those butt-ugly V6 calipers! And no, they do not look like fake, bigger calipers. There are some from China that are intended to replicate the Brembos and yes, they are HIDEOUS. As far as "fake" goes - look around the average Mustang car show and count how many "fake" parts you see. Hell, even the Super Snakes have fake scoops on them.

Bottom line - until somebody comes out with something better that isn't stupid expensive, these will do just fine.

Thanks everyone.

I have painted my rear calipers and while they look ok, I was looking for something a little more distinctive.

Just wondering if there would be fitment issues with the CS 40's.

As far as "fake" goes - look around the average Mustang car show and count how many "fake" parts you see. Hell, even the Super Snakes have fake scoops on them.

Well said Shelbyville!

I have a set on my Gt500 with the CS40 wheels and they work fine. Clearance is tight and highly recommend you double check with feeler gauge before putting wheels on. They actually look really good and don't require the every 2 year recoating as you tend to get with even the high grade caliper paint. It is a like or dislike but with tiffany snake I think it looks good. Once again the best part about them is no painting or repainting. If you take in expense of caliper paint they will pay for them selves over time. :salute:

I have a set on my Gt500 with the CS40 wheels and they work fine. Clearance is tight and highly recommend you double check with feeler gauge before putting wheels on. They actually look really good and don't require the every 2 year recoating as you tend to get with even the high grade caliper paint. It is a like or dislike but with tiffany snake I think it looks good. Once again the best part about them is no painting or repainting. If you take in expense of caliper paint they will pay for them selves over time. :salute:

Well alrighty then! This is what i wanted to see! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I tried to put a set on my 07 GT / CS but I had aftermarket wheels and I had fitment issues.

73, did you have issues on the top or the bottom? Just wondering.

Thanks for the info! :worship:

i don't use the MGP Covers, but I have heard horror stories about them (coming loose due to vibartion, ratteling, scraping, etc). That's why I just painted my rear calipers.

Have had mine for a few years with no issues. Still look new. The problem with painting the stock rear calipers is that you take something already unattractive and make it stand out even more.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have no issues at all with the wheels and covers we had her up in the air and used a gauge again just to check and make sure before I went driving with them. There is actually more room than it looks.LOL my father (master mech) and I checked many times. I changed out my cs40 wheels and tires for stock wheels with winter tires, and covers looked great, not a mark or scratch on them. The kit has it pretty much figured out right down to the torq specs. Once again I think they look nice especially since the c40 has the wide openings. If you want to see how they look my car I can send you a pic.

Archived