TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got the ss hood installed finally, fiberglass work yep you'll need it

cgrove04

So got my first 2013 mods the ss loovers which we cut holes out of in the front and back then put mesh in as to not look pointless to have on. The hood took a solid 12 hrs to rework, center, and serious coats of primer. I'll take more pics as soon as it clears up here in richmond.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The thing had so many imperfections, like holes in the fiberglass where it didn't fill properly with the mold, uneven lines etc. I have a pretty awesome body shop guy and it still took him a solid 12 hrs to get it right and fitted. The underneath was even worse but hey it came out sexy as hell, love it. Definitely makes it pop out of the pack. Got original stripes for it too :D

Well got the hood just to look mean for now, but ill def b in for a bigger blower later. Got the hood from shelby 1500 bucks and to install the hood, hood pins, loovers, and paint that was an xtra 1400. Purdy good penny but honestly not a single regret.

Mine is in the shop now and I can’t wait to see it completed. It was a pricy job; all in it was about 4k but well worth it to me. It’s a complete new Look for the car, I also have the window scoops being painted and installed, the rockers painted to match the car as well as the rear diffuser being painted to match the car which was about another 1k.

post-8104-0-01634200-1361198686_thumb.png

post-8104-0-01634200-1361198686_thumb.png

Lower scoops shall be upcomin, just need this tax return. Oh and hey yall I have the alcoas but need em powder coated anyone know of a good place in va? Or near here. Ill trade the 50 yrs ones for a powder coated set if anyone has. 10 or 9's got 6 of each

Ya I agree its a ton of money just for a hood, but I haven't had any temperature or performance issues if you're wondering. Then again, its winter and havent had it up past 150 with it. Those heat extractors were a pia too, we actually bolted those into the fiberglass.

I got the SS hood a few weeks ago and the hood should be finished in the next few days. The quality is quite poor!!! And as other have mentioned on other threads, the alignment of the hood vents is off which makes putting the stripes on a little challenging! I am having the hood stripes painted on top AND bottom of the hood WITH the red pen stripe! Since I was having stripes painted I decided to paint the roof, the radiator cover and strut tower as well. I will paint the front bumper when I add the dual fan maybe later this summer since the bumper has to be removed anyway.

Will be showcasing my car at the Bash! :camera:

Archived