TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RUSSIAN METEORITE

MARZ4ME

The local news in Detroit decided to make it a big story so they came out and interviewed my Astronomy professor. Needless to say, it's a bad idea to ask a nerd questions about the only subject he cares about. I think he was a little more technical than they wanted for the general viewing public...

They say not... Just "cosmic coincidence". :)

Yea right! I wonder what the odds are that this was just "cosmic coincidence"? But then again, if the science community knew that this one was coming, would you want to know without knowing what the possible outcome would be? Or do you just keep quite and know that "this one could be interesting!" If they came out and said that 1,000's could die if it makes it through the atmosphere and hits a populated area, would they tell us? Probably not.

Yea right! I wonder what the odds are that this was just "cosmic coincidence"? But then again, if the science community knew that this one was coming, would you want to know without knowing what the possible outcome would be? Or do you just keep quite and know that "this one could be interesting!" If they came out and said that 1,000's could die if it makes it through the atmosphere and hits a populated area, would they tell us? Probably not.

They would probably send two teams aboard space shuttles to drill a hole in it and blow it up with a atomic bomb just to save us!

The Russians think they saw a meteorite streak across the sky. Maybe. But I say Good Morning Carroll.

LOL..... It was Carroll out cruising in something he concocted in Heaven! Either that or he's been contracted to make bigger, faster falling stars!

I wonder if that meteorite and the asteroid that's coming by today are related...

My Question is: since they have been tracking the Big Fly-By Asteroid for a couple of Years, WHY didn't they know about this one. They say, when it exploded, it was the size of a Bus. That means it was a LOT bigger before it entered Earths area.

LOL..... It was Carroll out cruising in something he concocted in Heaven! Either that or he's been contracted to make bigger, faster falling stars!

Don't say that, I am pretty sure that Carroll would have built something that would NOT have exploded.

Archived