TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More windshield stuff to ID..

1 Alibi 2

MY 2011, drivers side upper windshield, on the inside of the glass. Haven't seen another one & I look..

windowsticker001.jpg

Did you buy the car new or used? E-1 is a rank in the Military. Enlisted Private, if I'm not mistaken. (Pvt. 1st class?)

Phill

A Private First Class is an E-3. http://en.wikipedia....d_rank_insignia

The mililtary does not issue rank related auto stickers that look like this one. They will be an image of the insignia of grade. They also generally do not issue stickers for lower ranking personnel. I spent 27 years in the AF both enlisted and officer and did not receive a rank sticker for my car until I reached the grade of 0-6.

A Private First Class is an E-3. http://en.wikipedia....d_rank_insignia

The mililtary does not issue rank related auto stickers that look like this one. They will be an image of the insignia of grade. They also generally do not issue stickers for lower ranking personnel. I spent 27 years in the AF both enlisted and officer and did not receive a rank sticker for my car until I reached the grade of 0-6.

Evening Sir!

ENS Cosby USN

MY 2011, drivers side upper windshield, on the inside of the glass. Haven't seen another one & I look..

windowsticker001.jpg

That is a shipping sticker, your car was built on Mars and the E tells them to ship it to earth and the one tells them to ship it to the United States, I hope this helps to answer your questions.

My guess would be a parking related sticker.

A " parking related sticker ", from the factory ??

This car had :

A schedule date of 06/07/2010

A production date of 06/09/2010

A release date of 06/11/2010

A sale date of 06/30/2010

Maybe there is a member that works for or used to work for Ford, and may know.

A " parking related sticker ", from the factory ??

This car had :

A schedule date of 06/07/2010

A production date of 06/09/2010

A release date of 06/11/2010

A sale date of 06/30/2010

Maybe there is a member that works for or used to work for Ford, and may know.

Yeah, I'm thinking the real knowledgeable "Railroad Guy" that worked with Ford transporting cars might know.

A parking sticker makes sense to me. "E" would be the 5th or 6th month of the year (Ford and GM don't use the letter i (I) because it looks like a one but otherwise, designate the month of production by letters (for instance, in a engine casting number) and many times they skip the first month and designate a A for February (in a VIN, for instance).

E would be either May or June, which goes right along with your production date.

No idea what the 1 would designate. It could be a parking lot designation too. Lot E, section 1?

I'm guessing,

Phill

my car was made and deilivered during the same time--no window sticker on mine--and i looked at the car before they detailed it.I covered up all the chassis markings undreneath with clear tape, and its never been wet, and didnt see anything like this on mine

Archived