TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

Thanks to Steve T @ Shelby American I got the documentation and the door sill plates . The door sill plates will stay on the car along with several other Shelby American / SPP parts to let the competition know their running against a Shelby on the track . :rockon:

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you need help setting your pinion angle, give me a call....I know a guy who is real good at it. :shades:

It sure does look like a lot of fun, and you haven't even taken your first lap yet! :shift:

Z-man

Looks good- should be a blast - thanks for sharing

Having a little touch up work done myself to my street/track toy

https://www.facebook...17375567&type=1

I'm doing the same FRPP front hubs, then found out today the right rear axle run out is out of tollerance.

right rear .007 and the left rear.004

May want to check yours before installing them into the new rearend. I maybe purchase new aftermarket ones, know more tomorrow.

Looks good- should be a blast - thanks for sharing

Having a little touch up work done myself to my street/track toy

https://www.facebook...17375567&type=1

I'm doing the same FRPP front hubs, then found out today the right rear axle run out is out of tollerance.

right rear .007 and the left rear.004

May want to check yours before installing them into the new rearend. I maybe purchase new aftermarket ones, know more tomorrow.

We now stock the Moser axles, with factory length studs pressed in or "unloaded", with comp spec Moroso long studs sold separately.

Jer

Nice work Kevin! Really glad to see the car coming together and the quality work being done. You just might make the first race. Did you decide on what your strategy will be with the cage? Something like this Boss 302 cage would make the cockpit very comfy.

CorteX_Boss_Cage_03.jpg

We now stock the Moser axles, with factory length studs pressed in or "unloaded", with comp spec Moroso long studs sold separately.

Jer

Thanks- Brads quoted $400 for a set of Mosers today (not sure if that included freight), already have the extended studs from FRPP, Looks like $397 shipped to me from the Shelby store. You may see an order from me tommorow.

Here's a great question: How much money is this build going to run when the car is race ready? Just a ball park figure will do... curious.

Ha! No... just living vicariously. I'd love to build a track car and go racing, but resources are limited with daughters 5 & 3 years old. Girls are expensive.

Damn there's a lot of caulking ! I used a heat gun and a scraper and put it in a garbage bag - 20lbs+ and not even halfway done ! I put on a Gates Racing belt and 180 degree t-stat along with a new upper hose , a JLT air/oil separator , a new FRPP air filter element ( M-9601-C ), FRPP FR500S ABS module , fresh set of Autolite HT0 plugs , and slapped on a CS Engine Co. sticker I had onto the radiator cover ( Got to love it - first sticker to go onto the car ). I got the rear axle assembly from FRPP ( M-4001-SVT373 ) - put in the T2R differential and the Moser axles , and CorteX cover . P.S. - drilled an additional hole to have a vent in BOTH axle tubes - using a Bob's Auto Sports KR style reservoir tank w/dual lines . Next - get the rear axle assembly in and remove more caulking.

Yes they are ! Wellll...... The W/P (wife price) is 15K and the R/P (real price) is around 50K (including buying the car). If you wait until my funeral I'm sure my wife will give it to you for 1 dollar.

I call dibs...sorry Kev, love you like a brother and all, but a dollar....I'm all in! B)

Ask her if she'll take change, or does she want a bill...better yet, a Canadian Loonie... :hysterical2:

Your probably all over it already, but here's an easy savings of 9lbs

Bolted in using the OEM hold down with a minor strap modification.

P2120003.jpg

Your probably all over it already, but here's an easy savings of 9lbs

Bolted in using the OEM hold down with a minor strap modification.

P2120003.jpg

I had not got to that yet Kerry - Thanks for the tip - keep 'em coming !

I call dibs...sorry Kev, love you like a brother and all, but a dollar....I'm all in! B)

Ask her if she'll take change, or does she want a bill...better yet, a Canadian Loonie... :hysterical2:

I will pay $50 . I have to outbid you because I do not even own a Shelby :hysterical:

Archived