TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Don't know if I can wait?

raustin0017

Here is the short version. Retired after 30-years active-duty Air Force July 2012. Relocated to Charleston, SC with a 2012 F-150 Platinum Ecoboost and purchased wife a 2012 BMW 528i. Have been drooling for a GT500 for about 10 months now. Joined this site Sep 12.

What would you do?

Option 1: Pay off the BMW in seven months and then order GT500.

Option 2: Trade in F-150 now and get the GT500 on order tomorrow.

Can not afford to have all three.

I'm slowly going crazy...

Thanks for all the great post.

Peace

My personal opinion, if I were you, I would wait. Who knows, maybe in the next 7 months there will be more information about what 2015 has in store. At least maybe actual photos of the 2015 Mustang design? I don't know. But one thing for sure, there will still be plenty of 2014's around to be purchased in 7 months.

P.S. Thanks for your 30 years. Happy retirement!!!

Order now! No one knows what production will be for 2014. I think a lot of people realize that this is the last run for the Shelby for at least the next few years! And I am almost certain that you won't see this kind of power for the 15 model year. Carroll Shelby's kids are fighting over his estate so if I was you I would run to your dealership and get one in the banks! Also I have not seen what a 15 is going to look like. If anybody has a spy photo please post! I ordered my 14 the day the banks opened! I do believe this could be our last hurra for a while! Also Obama is going after these these cars next ( i am almost sure of that ). That is my 2 cents, denohew

Here is the short version. Retired after 30-years active-duty Air Force July 2012. Relocated to Charleston, SC with a 2012 F-150 Platinum Ecoboost and purchased wife a 2012 BMW 528i. Have been drooling for a GT500 for about 10 months now. Joined this site Sep 12.

What would you do?

Peace

Get rid of the truck and get it! I've got somebody looking for a new 2013 right now. Hopefully I'll hear soon!

Pete

Its always a good thing to have a truck! 7 months aint sh#t. You did 30 years in AF I know you can hold out 7 more. Thanks for your service though

What would you do?

Peace

I retired after 27 years in the AF. I bought my wife a 2011 BMW 328i. It is her dream car. I would die before asking her to sell it. Get rid of your 2012 truck and buy a nice used one. I can't live without a truck. I have a 2001 Ram I dearly love. After you get the older truck, then buy the Shelby. You only live once.

What would you do?

Peace

It's not too difficult a decision, from a formal logic perspective, considering:

1. "Can not afford to have all three." We've eliminated the possibility of owning all three cars.

2. "purchased wife a 2012 BMW 528i" and "Pay off the BMW in seven months" Assuming your wife prefers her BMW to your F150.

The logical conclusion is to trade the F150.

However, being a graduate student of the Walter E. Williams School of Economics, my suggestion would be to trade your wife's BMW, give her the keys to your F150, buy her a new vacuum cleaner, order the GT500, and call it good.

However, being a graduate student of the Walter E. Williams School of Economics, my suggestion would be to trade your wife's BMW, give her the keys to your F150, buy her a new vacuum cleaner, order the GT500, and call it good.

Great deal! Order the GT500 NOW. You wont have to pay for it until it arrives, then figure it out. :salute:

Archived