TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Users: 2011 compared to 2012

robertlane

Year after year, Team Shelby has grown larger and larger consuming more bandwidth and resources at Shelby. Last year was another record breaker:

Quick Stats

We're comfortably in the millions of pages viewed this January 2012 compared to 2011 in terms of both members and guests visiting the site. Traffic is up a staggering 22% when comparing the two periods. Unique visitors is also up a healthy 19.7% and the total number of visits are also up 17.2%.

We are aware of the problems effecting your experience on Team Shelby and are working to add more resources to make the site more stable and expand it with new features.

:shoppingcart_:

Year after year, Team Shelby has grown larger and larger consuming more bandwidth and resources at Shelby. Last year was another record breaker:

Quick Stats

We're comfortably in the millions of pages viewed this January 2012 compared to 2011 in terms of both members and guests visiting the site. Traffic is up a staggering 22% when comparing the two periods. Unique visitors is also up a healthy 19.7% and the total number of visits are also up 17.2%.

We are aware of the problems effecting your experience on Team Shelby and are working to add more resources to make the site more stable and expand it with new features.

:shoppingcart_:

Wow, good job Robert.

I own a couple of forums/groups myself and I know how difficult it is to keep it on the straight/narrow.

I had (I recently turned it over to one of the more dedicated members) a Harley-Davidson Twin-Cam dedicated group with over 4500 subscribers. That didn't count the public 'looky Lou's) and needed 3 moderators, plus myself. I moderated it solely from the onset reading every single post/comment subscribers posted, banning those that stepped out of line (TOS), adding those that subscribed, etc. etc. etc.

At one time I had a *tremendous* amount of traffic. That was when the Harley Twin-Cam 88 was brand new and there was a HUGE interest in information, largely due to the Harley-Davidson Motor Company's reluctance to share it. The list has since outlived its usefullness so traffic has substantially subsided.

Point being, if you want to keep your forum active you must keep it relevant. With the changes at Shelby American and Ford Motor Company being a constant, I don't see that as being a issue (that and the diverse vehicle models you serve to the demographics of).

You run a good list and a tight ship. I'm happy to be a part of it and share (both give AND receive) a lot of great information. To ME, information is power. The more you know, the more you are worth and I *never* stop learning.

I have learned a TON from members sharing their knowledge on this site. You deserve a LOT of credit for it.

EDIT: As you may have noticed, I'm quick to criticize but I'm just as quick to apologize! I'll hand out constructive criticism where I see something I feel is critical but I also hand out credit where (I think) credit is due.

Good job. Here's a "attaboy" for today! <snerk>

Thank you very much for your time & effort,

Phillip R. Pollard

Archived