TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Front Facia

Tattooed1

Does anyone have any pictures with the three piece facia installed?The one that comes in the box in the trunk of the 13.Any pros or cons of the installation?

Here is a before & after shot of my 2010 GT500 with and without the 2013 air damn attached to the splitter.

The height to from the ground is deceiving in these shots because the line in the concrete you can see right before the front wheels, it a angle change so I could get under it easier to add the air damn but you can see the *difference* in height in the before vs. after shots.

HTH,

Phill

post-26522-0-35437100-1360874811_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-28943800-1360874824_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-75938000-1360874880_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-84726700-1360874918_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-35437100-1360874811_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-28943800-1360874824_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-75938000-1360874880_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-84726700-1360874918_thumb.jpg

I found some pictures by searching on "2013 GT500 splitter installed" or something close to that...basically there is a main front middle piece and a short side piece on each side. About 12 bolts to deal with and is easy to do.....I had the opposite situation. The dealer had installed the lower 3 piece half of the front splitter, and I was hitting every speed bump in town and even scraping in 50 percent of the time when I would cross a gutter, and could not get the car up the driveway because of the short clearance. It looks great with it on, but this is a matter of personal taste...for me it looks just as good with it off plus works better for my situation. But if you are going 160-180 MPH you might want to have it on I am guessing. Good luck.

Rodders

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a before & after shot of my 2010 GT500 with and without the 2013 air damn attached to the splitter.

The height to from the ground is deceiving in these shots because the line in the concrete you can see right before the front wheels, it a angle change so I could get under it easier to add the air damn but you can see the *difference* in height in the before vs. after shots.

HTH,

Phill

First off I would like to say NICE car.

Love the color and that grille is awesome, I need to know where I can get a grille like that.

I have just bought my first stang and it does not have a grille.

I live in an area where rocks are always cracking windshields and chipping paint so the rad and intercooler need some protection.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Deane

Is the install easy? Or do you need to mod a bit more on an earlier model? And are they available in the Shelby Store?

Easy. Drive up race ramps or get under front end. Youll remove a bunch of 7mm hex screws and install the lower dam in 3 pieces. Instructions in the box.

Love the color and that grille is awesome, I need to know where I can get a grille like that.

I live in an area where rocks are always cracking windshields and chipping paint so the rad and intercooler need some protection.

TIA Deane

Everything you need is right here. I did mine and it looks oem. customcargrills.com has the stuff and an instruction manual ( that I made) Look in my garage for pics.

http://www.teamshelb...-on-2013-gt500/

TIA Deane

Thank you for the compliment. The red pinstripe along the edges of the white OTT stripes really make the car stand out from the crowd.

My grilles are the stock OEM "Egg crate" grilles that came standard on all GT500's prior to 2013 but the 2010-2012 grilles are different from '07-'09 grilles. I'm pretty sure the '10-'12 grilles will retrofit from early to late models. I know for fact they retrofit from late to early models as there are a few people here that have changed theirs.

There is a brand new lower grille for sale in the Classified section for a real good price if you want to add one to your car. I'm thinking about buying but frankly, forgot about it and need to call the owner to see about combining his grille and another part he has for shipping. If you get it before me, I'm fine with that (I snooze...I lose).

HOWEVER, I personally added the Shelby Performance Parts brake cooling duct bezels into the lower grille that you see in the pictures (the two bright circles you see at the outer edges of the lower grille). Everyone says it can't be done on a 2010 or newer but my car is proof that it can be done (where there's a will, there's a way!).

You can also add a mesh or screen such as WJinLV says above. If you look around enough, you should be able to find pics of a couple of guys here that did it to their 13's.

Enjoy your car. I wish I had the electronic bells & whistles your '13 has on my '10 (it seems the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence)!

Phill

Archived