TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dot on my windshield

rhite95

If it is made with a marker, then it's a means of communication upon a quick look of the car. Could be done by the dealer and could be done by a vendor. No telling what it means. Could mean its been inspected for flaws, cleaned, worked on, etc. If you purchased a new car, I doubt it's been worked on. If used, it's not uncommon to have a couple of dots or lines indicating multiple vendors have inspected the car for dents, scratches, interior flaws.

Don't remove it! When you (or your grandchildren) sell it at BJ in 40 years, they'll announce that it still has the original windshield dot and the price will go up exponentially! Probably bring mega-millions with the dot in place!

Didn't have one of those marks, but in my Shelby and in the V6 I owned, there was a white X drawn with grease pencil on the trunk weatherstrip. No clue what it's for either.

I have the same thing on my trunk lip, along the top edge about center of the trunk. There is also a bright green (paper) dot stuck on the trunk spring directly under the mark on the trunk seal lip.

My dealer said it was a inspection sticker and someone during PDI didn't see it to remove it (which is the normal procedure for the inspection stickers).

Phill

I have a little dot on the drivers side top of the windshield. Is this something the dealer did or does it mean something.

It's just a inspection sticker that didn't get removed during the PDI.

Phill

How can you be so sure??? IT'S A DOT CONSPIRACY!!! THE ILLUMINATI!!!! :runaway:

Thats just great, now you have let the top secrete information about the conspiracy get out to the public, there is sure to be panic world wide thanks to you.

Archived