TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Return of the Razors??? - ADDED POLL INFO

Z-man

Razor Customer Demand Info  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a set of Razors if they were made with the correct offset to fit your car?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy your wheels all the smae width, or opt for wider rear rims?

• All four wheels the same width
    • Wider rear rims
  3. 3. What color/finish would you buy?

• Chrome
    • Gun Metal
    • Silver (Painted)
    • Black
    • Brushed finish with a polished wheel lip
  4. 4. How many wheels would you buy?

• one (as a spare for current)
    • two
    • four (one complete set)
    • five (full set plus a spare)
    • 6 or more
  5. 5. If available, would you buy them with tires mounted on them and TMPS, ready to install?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. What size diameter rim do you prefer?

• 18"
    • 19"
    • 20"
  7. 7. What size widths do you prefer? (you can choose up to two sizes - one size for front, and another for rear)

• 9"
    • 9.5"
    • 10"
    • 10.5"
    • 11"
    • 11.5"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping this to the top so American Muscle can find it easily. Time to get working on building these wheels guys.

I don't think American Muscle has ever even made one comment on this site. I could be wrong, but just never saw any posts by them. As far as the wheels coming back, it is not rocket science to make them and if they have not brought them back by now.....I doubt they ever will.

Set of Razors up in the Syracuse area if anyone is interested. It's not my post just came across it while browsing another forum.

http://www.svtperfor...152-shelby.html

I spoke with the seller, and he seems like a good guy. He has four chrome Razors on P-zero tires with about half the tread left. They have the TPMS on them ,but no re-set tool. He is looking for $1500+ for them. I made him an offer substantally less than that, which he refused. If anyone feels they are worth his asking price, shoot him a PM via SVTP.

I don't think American Muscle has ever even made one comment on this site. I could be wrong, but just never saw any posts by them. As far as the wheels coming back, it is not rocket science to make them and if they have not brought them back by now.....I doubt they ever will.

AM may not post here, but they "lurk" here frequently, and with much interest in this topic. Our comment s are being reviewed and discussed. Bringing out a new size and finishes on the rims does entail an investent (time and money) on their behalf, and in ordere to ensure they make an ecconomicialy sound desicion, they are doing thier homework and making sure there is a demand for them....beyond just the folks who have posted on this forum.

That said, dusting off the old tooling that already exists, and producing the whhels in the finishes that already exist seems like a true "no brainer". Absolute minimal investement risk for them, and they know that there is a demand.

Z-man

Not to mention that having these wheels available to another segment of the market (new GT's w/Brembos and our GT500) will increase exposure, leading to even more potential sales.

And Z-Man is correct when he says that AM is watching this particular thread. Trust me.

That said, dusting off the old tooling that already exists, and producing the wheels in the finishes that already exist seems like a true "no brainer". Absolute minimal investment risk for them, and they know that there is a demand.

Z-man

My point is that they could bring back the steady eddie wheels and sell many sets. But they don't.

I'm not losing any sleep over this. If it happens.....it happens.

The thing is that AM does not make the Razors, they have the Exclusive rights to sell a non-GT500 version of the Razors. They probably have to work with American Racing to get the wheels made and make sure the wheels clear Brembos correctly

also it is a gamble money wise just to make a certain wheel for a specific market (Brembo package cars)

The new wheel wouldn't just be for a specific market because with the correct offset to fit the Brembos, that wheel will fit any Mustang on the road. Not sure why they went with the 30mm to begin with when the 24mm would fit everything, plus give non-big brake owners the option to upgrade to bigger brakes without having to replace their wheels.

AR is ready, willing, and able to build the wheel if and when AM gives them the green light. It's all up to AM at this point.

The new wheel wouldn't just be for a specific market because with the correct offset to fit the Brembos, that wheel will fit any Mustang on the road. Not sure why they went with the 30mm to begin with when the 24mm would fit everything, plus give non-big brake owners the option to upgrade to bigger brakes without having to replace their wheels.

well it would stil be kinda br a specific market for AR and AM to make the wheels.........it would be the market with people with big brakes.

i guess we have to wait and see if they will be coming out,

another thing that may be helpful if AM lurks is the size that people want, that may help push the process over the top......maybe Z-Man can add a poll that says what size wheels they want, 18, 19 or 20's. :shrug:

maybe Z-Man can add a poll that says what size wheels they want, 18, 19 or 20's. :shrug:

Ask and ye shall receive....Done!!!

I added a question on diameter as well as one on rim width.

In order to add your new choices, I believe you need to first delete your old answers (there is a button at the bottom of the poll for that), then answer all the questions again. This keeps people from double voting.

Z-man

FYI for any of your Razor lovers, especially the silver and gunmetal. I've have mine almost 7 years and they are in a real need to have the coated polish rim redone. I would attribute it mostly to the brake dust and any chemical cleaning agent what so ever one uses to remove it, short of something like woolite. Both my front wheels are losing the clear on the rim, but the spokes are fine. Don't get me wrong, I love my silver razors, and am going to have them redone as soon as I find one more painted one. But this time around, no wheel cleaner that advertises "it will not harm ANY wheel." Does anyone have a source for the plastic allen inserts? Or a replacement? ShelbyMay08006.jpg And by the way...sorry for this all running together....IE10 will not line break when you hit enter or anything else....#$%^&*()__)(*&^%!!!!!!!

How many threads are you gonna post pics of your wheels in?

This thread is about Razors, not Vossens.

Hey, if he is proud of his new rims, and wants to show them off, I have no problem with that.

That said, I still like the Razors better than the Vossens, but that's why there are different rim styles...so that people can choose the ones that they feel accents their car best.

I guess when he couldn't get Razors or Alcoa's, he had to get the Vossens....(Kidding!!!)

I am going to try to wait until hell freezes over to get the razors. Does anyone know one hell is going to freeze over?

It's getting cooler down there, but the Devil doesn't need a sweater just yet. Hang in there Rob.

Z-man

Hey, if he is proud of his new rims, and wants to show them off, I have no problem with that.

That said, I still like the Razors better than the Vossens, but that's why there are different rim styles...so that people can choose the ones that they feel accents their car best.

I guess when he couldn't get Razors or Alcoa's, he had to get the Vossens....(Kidding!!!)

thanks z-man dont mean to come across as a bragger ,but i just learned how to post pics and all i have are ones with my new rims. some guys get annoyed i thought we were all part of a special thing (shelby owners ) guess not didnt mean to offend anyone it WAS fun ,now ill think twice

thanks z-man dont mean to come across as a bragger ,but i just learned how to post pics and all i have are ones with my new rims. some guys get annoyed i thought we were all part of a special thing (shelby owners ) guess not didnt mean to offend anyone it WAS fun ,now ill think twice

You are ahead of me. I'm still trying to post pic's and haven't figured it out yet.

Archived