TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Return of the Razors??? - ADDED POLL INFO

Z-man

Razor Customer Demand Info  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a set of Razors if they were made with the correct offset to fit your car?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy your wheels all the smae width, or opt for wider rear rims?

• All four wheels the same width
    • Wider rear rims
  3. 3. What color/finish would you buy?

• Chrome
    • Gun Metal
    • Silver (Painted)
    • Black
    • Brushed finish with a polished wheel lip
  4. 4. How many wheels would you buy?

• one (as a spare for current)
    • two
    • four (one complete set)
    • five (full set plus a spare)
    • 6 or more
  5. 5. If available, would you buy them with tires mounted on them and TMPS, ready to install?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. What size diameter rim do you prefer?

• 18"
    • 19"
    • 20"
  7. 7. What size widths do you prefer? (you can choose up to two sizes - one size for front, and another for rear)

• 9"
    • 9.5"
    • 10"
    • 10.5"
    • 11"
    • 11.5"

I was looking at AM site the other day just to see what wheels they have (like the new Niche wheels that were released), and i know yall wondering when or if the razors for the Gt500s would come out, but did anyone notice

http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome-shelbyrazor-20x9-0510.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/gunmetal-shelbyrazor-20x9-0510.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-shelbyrazor-20x9-0513.html

Application. This Wheel fits the front or rear of the 2005 to 2014 Mustangs, including the GT, V6, Bullitt, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 Mustangs.

Manufacturer: Carroll Shelby Wheels Style: Shelby Razor Size: 20x9 Finish: Black with Machined Lip Placement: Front or Rear Centercap Size: Large (2-1/2") Back Spacing: 6.2" (157mm) Offset: +24mm (0.9") Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5" (5x114.3mm) Weight: 30.8 lbs Material: Aluminum Lip Size : 2"

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:drop:

I'm not even sure where to start!

wjlane - your new rims look killer on your GT500....very, very nice.

CMichaels - Thanks very much for posting what you found on the AM web-site.

I cannot belive that AM just quietly desided to make the new rims available without some sort of announcement. Now I'm wondering how long they have been there. I have been checking availability on a staggered set every once in a while wiht no luck. The funny thing is that if you check a staggered set now, they still say they will not fit a GT500, while a 'standard' set does say it will fit.....looks like I will be making a phone call on Monday to see 'what's up with that?!"

Z-man

The key words in AM's description are "+24mm offset." That says it all. I guess all of our bitching paid off and in the end I still end up with a different type of wheel. No regrets though! Post up pics Z-Man when you get your Razors.

Looks like we are getting closer, but not everything has converted over to the new offsets yet.

If you are going to purchase a set from AM, please be careful and read all the fine print. It looks like if you want to purchase just rims, not a combo package with rims and tires, you will be fine. The individual rims (9" wide) all state +24mm offset and do include the GT500's under the 'features' and 'fitment' sections of their descriptions.

However, combo packages for chrome and gun metal finishes still include the +30mm offsetsm and list exclusions of the GT500 under 'features' and 'fitment'. This is the same for standard and staggered fitment.

The black finish standard fitment combo package does list a +24mm offest, but still excludes the GT500 in 'features' and 'fitment'....obviously something is incorrect there (maybe not everything in that description has been updated). I would definately call before ordering these and see what the true story is in thier size and fitment. As a note, the black finnish is currently not availalble in a staggered fitment combo package.

In looking at all the 10" wide rims, they all appear to be a +48mm offset, but exclude the GT500 under the 'features' and 'fitment' sections. However, I am told that American Racing test fit the +48mm offset, and they do fit the GT500's.....Hummmmm???

Seems like I am not at the end of my quest quite yet.

Z-man

I'm wondering if the 10" fitment is "rear" only, so the offset would not be an issue unless you were running some insane rear brake system? And does anyone have pics of 10" 20s on the rear of a GT500 to see if they stick out?

I went with CS40, 255/35-20 and 295/35-20 Nitto Invos.

SAM_3963_zpseea51915.jpg

SAM_3961_zps2bac0666.jpg

SAM_3954_zps9b33abab.jpg

Thats gorgeous....great combo.

I ran a set of the INVOs and loved them. Very quiet, but I changed to the NT05s this time around for a bit more traction. When I get my wheel project done, I may go back the INVO with a little more fat on the back.

I'm wondering if the 10" fitment is "rear" only, so the offset would not be an issue unless you were running some insane rear brake system? And does anyone have pics of 10" 20s on the rear of a GT500 to see if they stick out?

I do believe the 10" wide rims are supposed to be 'rear fitment' only.

Here is a pic on a Mustang 5.0. I don't have one of a GT500.

razor.jpg

I cannot belive that AM just quietly desided to make the new rims available without some sort of announcement. Now I'm wondering how long they have been there. I have been checking availability on a staggered set every once in a while wiht no luck. The funny thing is that if you check a staggered set now, they still say they will not fit a GT500, while a 'standard' set does say it will fit.....looks like I will be making a phone call on Monday to see 'what's up with that?!"

Z-man

they do not announce everything they are bringing out, their new product page they bring out something out almost every week without any type of official announcement via email, facebook, youtube, twitter, etc...

I only did just notice this the other day, so maybe they are updating the website still to reflect the changes, it may been updated more Monday once their office opens up again, and maybe the Gt500 wheel will be on their new product page .

Thanks for the comment TexasShelby. If the Razor were in silver, perhaps I would've held out to get them. I just like the way the silver looks on Vista Blue and the blue center caps really accent the color as well.

I do believe the 10" wide rims are supposed to be 'rear fitment' only.

Here is a pic on a Mustang 5.0. I don't have one of a GT500.

Those look great. So that is a 20X10 on the rear? What size tire are you running? Any rubbing issues?

Those look great. So that is a 20X10 on the rear? What size tire are you running? Any rubbing issues?

The car I the photo is the one that American a Racing used to test fit the rims. It does look great, but it's not mine.

Thanks for the comment TexasShelby. If the Razor were in silver, perhaps I would've held out to get them. I just like the way the silver looks on Vista Blue and the blue center caps really accent the color as well.

I think you did right. that's a classic look.

I'm going to be sending off a set of used Razors, first to widened the rears to 10.5, then sending them to a wheel restorer and finisher to restore and paint them in silver like I have now (the OEM from Shelby). It's a polished and clearcoated rim with the metallic silver painted spoke. (The rim has lost it's seal and is stained terribly, don't believe ANY wheel cleaner when it says it's safe. I learned the hard way. Eagle One can KMA.)

Manufacturer: Carroll Shelby Wheels Style: Shelby Razor Size: 20x9 Finish: Black with Machined Lip Placement: Front or Rear Centercap Size: Large (2-1/2") Back Spacing: 6.2" (157mm) Offset: +24mm (0.9") Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5" (5x114.3mm) Weight: 30.8 lbs Material: Aluminum Lip Size : 2" Best Tire : 255/35-20 Year/Model: 2005+ V6, GT, Excludes Shelby GT500

:(

Manufacturer: Carroll Shelby Wheels Style: Shelby Razor Size: 20x9 Finish: Black with Machined Lip Placement: Front or Rear Centercap Size: Large (2-1/2") Back Spacing: 6.2" (157mm) Offset: +24mm (0.9") Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5" (5x114.3mm) Weight: 30.8 lbs Material: Aluminum Lip Size : 2" Best Tire : 255/35-20 Year/Model: 2005+ V6, GT, Excludes Shelby GT500

:(

+24mm offset means they will fit the GT500. AM needs to fully update their listing.

• 1 month later...

since these wheels has been out for a while now, has anyone purchase a set? how is the fitment?

Ordered a set last night of the 20 x 9 all around in Gunmetal. I should have an answer for you in a week or so......

Regards,

Mike

gunmetalrazor_zpsfc8ec0fb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Are you ordering a set?

You bet I am!

Already discussed it with the boss (Mrs. Z), so she wouldn't be surprised when the UPS man rings the door bell. I sent an e-mail with a few questions to Keith today, and I'm ready to place the deposit as soon as he gets back to me.

Z-man

• 3 weeks later...

Now that they have the 20x10's in Black, I ordered a pair for the rear of my H. Which by the way, I have a pair of 20x10 in gunmetal available which are still in the box. Back when they didn't have the black in the 10's, I just ordered the gunmetal thinking I'd get them powder coated black at some point, but now I don't need to.

Archived