TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Making the jump from a '12 to a '13

ThomasL

Anybody else have experience with going from the '10-'12 model to a '13? Tossing this idea around and was wondering just how noticeable the difference is and also if u recommend selling the 12 myself or trading it in towards the '13.

Thanks! I almost went with Race Red again but I really love this Candy! I tend to stick with Red, white or blue cars only for some reason. And more red than anything.

Makes me wanna abandon my love for all black! Very nice.

And I think I found the '13 i want. You guys have any tips for purchasing through ebay?

I just traded my 5600 mile 2011 for a 2013.All i can say is WOW.Its the difference between the 08 i had and the 11,but much nastier..

I figured it would be a huge diff. The extra 100+ hp and the new display in the instrument panel are plenty enough for me to want to upgrade.

I figured it would be a huge diff. The extra 100+ hp and the new display in the instrument panel are plenty enough for me to want to upgrade.

Don't forget bigger brakes and carbon fiber DS. The HP and the DS are probably the main reasons anyone should upgrade.

Don't forget bigger brakes and carbon fiber DS. The HP and the DS are probably the main reasons anyone should upgrade.

That too! But I'm a gadget/tech nerd too so the instrument display is a big plus! But yeah the brakes and new DS are badass too. This is basically the perfect car.

That too! But I'm a gadget/tech nerd too so the instrument display is a big plus! But yeah the brakes and new DS are badass too. This is basically the perfect car.

I like the instrument display. Everytime I fill up I try and see if I can get better gas milage than before. lol So far that doesn't happen unless I go on the highway mostly.

Went from an '11 to a '13

pluses:

• much nicer ride around town with the suspension set in soft mode
  • think the handling of the '13 is slightly better balanced than the '11
  • new instruments and launch control are fun to play with
  • extra HP is fun
  • shifting is better
  • also got Recaro's, which I didn't have on the '11
  • Might be just dumb luck, but everyone seemed to want to race the '11, to the point where it got annoying. So far no one has bothered me in the '13 even though it has the go fast stripes that the '11 didn't.

minuses

• $
  • Gearing is just wrong on the '13, will need to change it. Leaving a stop light in 1st in the '13 feels like leaving in 2nd in the '11.
  • The number of "modes" is a little annoying. It would be nice to have a couple short cut buttons that would slam the car into combination of steering/suspension/traction control, gauge mode, radio mode, etc. that I had programmed some time earlier. I don't want to spend 5 minutes thinking about the settings every time I go for a drive.
  • I thought the '11 sounded better, just guessing, but it sounds like they added to more sound insulation to the rear of the '13 or toned down the exhaust volume. With the exhaust toned down I get to hear more engine noise that isn't nearly as pleasant.

Went from an '11 to a '13

pluses:

• much nicer ride around town with the suspension set in soft mode

• think the handling of the '13 is slightly better balanced than the '11

• new instruments and launch control are fun to play with

• extra HP is fun

• shifting is better

• also got Recaro's, which I didn't have on the '11

• Might be just dumb luck, but everyone seemed to want to race the '11, to the point where it got annoying. So far no one has bothered me in the '13 even though it has the go fast stripes that the '11 didn't.

minuses

• $

• Gearing is just wrong on the '13, will need to change it. Leaving a stop light in 1st in the '13 feels like leaving in 2nd in the '11.

• The number of "modes" is a little annoying. It would be nice to have a couple short cut buttons that would slam the car into combination of steering/suspension/traction control, gauge mode, radio mode, etc. that I had programmed some time earlier. I don't want to spend 5 minutes thinking about the settings every time I go for a drive.

• I thought the '11 sounded better, just guessing, but it sounds like they added to more sound insulation to the rear of the '13 or toned down the exhaust volume. With the exhaust toned down I get to hear more engine noise that isn't nearly as pleasant.

Don't do the resonater delete then lol.

Archived