TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone going to Vegas for 50th Mustang Birthday April 2014

HARALD KELLEY

Ok, I thought I would post the west coast side of the 50th Birthday of the Mustang in Vegas April 2014. Anyone planning on attending? Venue is the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I hope Shelby will have an active part as this is in their back yard.

I have not heard of a host hotel yet so I am considering the Alliante as it is very close to the speedway.

FYI: NO ONE at Shelby American or Team Shelby has ANY plans for 2014 yet.

Jer

Would love to go. If I can swing it, I would love to have my car track ready and carried on a trailer. I would love to use my RV as the tow vehicle and use it as my hotel room. I would really love to dry camp at the track. I do not want to miss the Mustangs 50th Annv. TS celebration !

I am just guessing at this point, i would guess there would be shelby presence at both 50th celebrations. Send the hauler to Chaarlotte and since it's in their backyard you know they will be there. I would be bummed if they were not in charlotte but life will go on. I would actually prefer to go to the Vegas 50th but being from Michigan and the time of the event logistically it just won't work for us. Would love to Drive the GT-H back to the "Creation Station". I guess I should be happy that I got to see the build when I toured the facility back in 06

• 1 month later...

Any chances that Shelby would tie the Shelby Bash in with the Mustang 50th and hold them on the same days or even same week? If they did, I guarantee I would come down and attend both, that would be some kinda week.

Jer?

QSS

This would be nice. I'm in for one of the events if they are separate.

Any chances that Shelby would tie the Shelby Bash in with the Mustang 50th and hold them on the same days or even same week? If they did, I guarantee I would come down and attend both, that would be some kinda week.

Jer?

QSS

If they tied that in, I would have to think really hard about making the trip to Las Vegas instead of Charlotte, but as it stands I'm planning on North Carolina because I can't justify twice the distance and twice the fuel charge to go to Vegas from Michigan. It would be great to get out to Vegas and visit some friends at the same time since I lived there for 7 years.

I'll post updates as we work them out.

Jer

• 1 month later...

Just registered. Staying at Mandalay Bay as this is one of several host hotels. Will be the one hosting the banquettes. Here is some info: http://www.teamshelb...motor-speedway/ I hope to see a large display of the Hertz cars. Kind of a reunion if you will.

Archived