TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bluetooth in my '08 via the aux port - Finally!

skiph

I would have thought this would have been covered already. But after doing a quick search, I did not find it covered.

While I was looking to extend my home audio system via bluetooth (Wifi is way too full of traffic already), I came across this, for a whopping $30 on ebay.

It's a Bluetooth audio receiver, a little bigger than a matchbook, connects to the Aux port in the center console. Then after pairing with your favoriate device (my phone in my case), *poof* great sounding audio to my car sterio via the Aux port. I did google it and found some negative feedback on it. But figured for $30, it was worth a shot. After firing it up, I found so long as I have the volume on my phone set to about 50%, sounds great and no wires dangling anywhere. Else, if the volume from my phone is up to high, it really overmodulates and sounds horrible.

The battery in the unit is supposed to last for about 10 hrs of use, and since the charging is via USB, the 12V to USB adapter I have, should work nicely for supplying power to the adapter from the port inside the center console for constant use and/or charging.

post-19729-0-17525100-1360536396_thumb.jpg

post-19729-0-17525100-1360536396_thumb.jpg

I like the idea to make it wireless... Is sound quality any diff than with a cable?

It actually sounds better then when I had my IPod connected to the Aux port with a cable. But have not done a comparison of phone with cable and phone with bluetooth yet. But I can honestly say it just flat out sounds good. Not quite the fidelity I get with SiriusXM or a CD though, and did have to adjust the fade control to be more towards the front speakers than with FM, SeriusXM or CDs for some reason.

My dash is black, the phone and the phone holder are black, and I use black velcro to have the phone just to the left of the NAV, so leaves all the songs playing at the same level as all the other controls, so easy to change songs, skip forward, etc.

Have you used it for phone calls as well? I know there is no mic pickup, but does the callers voice come through or does it just do music?

I've not tried this yet. But seems like it could be problematic with the output of the phone call coming out your car speakers, but still needing the phone (or other microphone-only) device to catch you speaking. Makes me think of massive amounts of feedback could occur when you get a mic too close to speakers. Works smokin well with my cell phone via bluetooth

I'd love to know how that works out. I've used an 1/8th inch cord plugged into the phone and AUX input in the console and it worked pretty good, surprisingly. I figured there would be a lot of feedback as well, but no problem.

Interesting. So what are you using for the microphone on a cell phone call, the phone itself on speaker, or some other device just at the microphone?

Basically, I plugged the phone into the aux in the console and made a phone call with the phone resting in the cupholder, so I was simply using the mic built into the phone. Talking to the wife and she said it was fine ( don't know yet how much to trust her opinion, look who she's married to). Just a little "messy" if you ask me, I hate seeing wires.

I bought the Auris connector. I like it and can be transferred to any dock. I hook it up through the aux input in my 09 and just leave it hanging into the cup holder so there is minimal clutter.

Archived