TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top Gear tonight @ 21:00 CET BBC2

ShelbyGTH-NL

It will be interesting to get the review on the 2013 from the boys at Top Gear. The 2007 GT500 didn't fare that well (being nicknamed the GT "ALMOST" 500), but it did make boarderline Sub Zero status on the Cool Wall.... because it is a SHELBY.

Tonight the 2013 Shelby GT500 will be on Top Gear.

BBC 2 @ 21:00 CET or 15:00 EST.

Yup! My dad called me from Scotland just to tell me it was coming on. Had to explain we don't stream BBC2 live here!

Just watched it, ShelbyGTH-NL. Thanks for the link! Was very entertaining and enjoyed the British humor. Have to go along with the final evaluation, though. But one must remember that the Shelby is a base Mustang at heart, and was never designed to compete with the higher priced cars relative to creature comforts & high quality interior parts. They missed that point entirely. I had to laugh when he was fighting with the female voiced phone. Have done that myself, many times! All in all very fun to watch and enjoyed it. Thanks again for not making me wait till next week!!

I am surprised Jeremy didn't hate on the car. But he was basically perfectly right about why a car like this is 55k. It isn't refined at all compared to other cars. I was at the NAIAS and they had a little 26k acura ilx and one thing I hate about the shelby which goes to all mustangs is the damn door. Anytime I hear it close from the inside unless you do it ever so gently from the inside it slams so hard it sounds like it is going to fall off. In other cars like BMW, Lexus, or even this 26k acura they have something which at the last second slows the door down so it doesn't slam with so much force. Clearly ford did not put this on the mustang because I could slam the hell out of the door on that aucra and it didn't make a loud earth shattering bang. And the BMW or mercedes doors no matter how hard I slam them they hardly make any noise from the inside or out.

This is a petty thing but it is just the little things here and there where they cut corners (*cough*THE GRILL*cough*) which allows ford to charge 55k for this car rather than 80 or 90k. But thats ok because the power is the best part about this car and is the reason to get it. He mentions heritage (I really couldn't care less about that) but that is a plus too for the ones where that is important to them.

I am surprised Jeremy didn't hate on the car. But he was basically perfectly right about why a car like this is 55k. It isn't refined at all compared to other cars. I was at the NAIAS and they had a little 26k acura ilx and one thing I hate about the shelby which goes to all mustangs is the damn door. Anytime I hear it close from the inside unless you do it ever so gently from the inside it slams so hard it sounds like it is going to fall off. In other cars like BMW, Lexus, or even this 26k acura they have something which at the last second slows the door down so it doesn't slam with so much force. Clearly ford did not put this on the mustang because I could slam the hell out of the door on that aucra and it didn't make a loud earth shattering bang. And the BMW or mercedes doors no matter how hard I slam them they hardly make any noise from the inside or out.

This is a petty thing but it is just the little things here and there where they cut corners (*cough*THE GRILL*cough*) which allows ford to charge 55k for this car rather than 80 or 90k. But thats ok because the power is the best part about this car and is the reason to get it. He mentions heritage (I really couldn't care less about that) but that is a plus too for the ones where that is important to them.

So why the hell do you figure slaming the doors on any car so important ?....I personally couldn't care less what Top Gear said or didn't say about

the GT500 because they hate all American cars anyway..GT500's are muscle cars and should be noisy it's not a freaking luxo sedan and glad it

ain't..it makes great sounds the way it's suposed to.

So why the hell do you figure slaming the doors on any car so important ?....I personally couldn't care less what Top Gear said or didn't say about

the GT500 because they hate all American cars anyway..GT500's are muscle cars and should be noisy it's not a freaking luxo sedan and glad it

Lol only you would get offended by this. The point was little things at refinement. I could go on with the list and you don't need to slam the door for it to sound like it was slammed and that is the point. I had my friend just push it normally enough so it closed on it's on and from the inside is an earth shattering bang which is why now I push the door close rather than swing it close. I know it won't break but it just sounds like it will.

You have to take top gear with a grain of salt but they are right. The car is not refined. And the type of muscle car you want is this http://www.shipmycar...500cr-venom.jpg.

But a muscle car in the 21st century needs to be more than that. When super cars first came out there was a lot of problems with them and they were only made to sit in garages and get 500 miles a year on them otherwise they would break. Go talk to the guy from catsautos the diablo gt he has when he did a sharp turn with it once the whole entire windshield cracked from end to end. Now we have cars like the MP4 12c and 458 italia that are supercars you could DD if you so wish. They ride like a bentley when you want it and a track car when you want it. This is called PROGRESS. If you want to live in the past then go buy the car that is in the link.

You are entilted to your opinion but there is no point in even replying to this post because you want to know why? If you were right on your definition of what a muscle car should be the gt500 wouldn't be the way it is today with all the comforts it has, so clearly Ford and SVT see a different image than you do.

This is america, why settle when you can have it all? :)

I wish they put that car on the track though and actually did more than just show highway driving. Most likely the owner wouldn't allow them to do anything besides that.

Couldn't agree more We all new that Clarkson would not like the car much, but who cares

He did say at the end that there were some rattles coming from the car I don't think they were coming from the car, but from Clarkson's ass when he stepped on the gas LOL

Nice tribute to Mr. Shelby in the middle of the race. I must agree with Jeremy... Would be nicer if the Mustang (and all American cars for that matter) were as refined as European and Japanese cars.

It looks like this episode is on BBCA tonight at 9:00 pm eastern.

I'm not positive if it's this episode or not. It's the first showing on BBCA, episode 471 which states they drive three front engine supercars from Las Vegas to Palm Springs. Is this the right episode?

Nope, I just found it on their website. As stated above, this episode will not air on BBCA until next Monday night the 18th.

I kinda like how the door shuts, reminds me of closing my grandfathers 69 GTOs doors, makes it feel more like a classic with that heaviness the door has when you shut it. If you really want refinement, get a European car. I go from driving my moms 997 turbo, my dads 996 turbo and M3.... and guess what, Id much rather drive my GT500, way more fun I find. Yes all those cars are properly quick, but they are boring to drive sometimes, where as the GT500 you never have a dull moment. IMHO

I kinda like how the door shuts, reminds me of closing my grandfathers 69 GTOs doors, makes it feel more like a classic with that heaviness the door has when you shut it. If you really want refinement, get a European car. I go from driving my moms 997 turbo, my dads 996 turbo and M3.... and guess what, Id much rather drive my GT500, way more fun I find. Yes all those cars are properly quick, but they are boring to drive sometimes, where as the GT500 you never have a dull moment. IMHO

You are exactly right. The shelby is another kind of animal. An unrefined one. Ideally we would all drive ferraris but in the land of compromise you gotta go for bang for buck. It is not like the shelby is primitive (say like early vipers), it is perfectly suitable for a DD and very fun when putting the pedal down. That is the reason I didn't get an a m3 or anything else like that, the m3, s5, or something similar would be boring.

Lol only you would get offended by this. The point was little things at refinement. I could go on with the list and you don't need to slam the door for it to sound like it was slammed and that is the point. I had my friend just push it normally enough so it closed on it's on and from the inside is an earth shattering bang which is why now I push the door close rather than swing it close. I know it won't break but it just sounds like it will.

You have to take top gear with a grain of salt but they are right. The car is not refined. And the type of muscle car you want is this http://www.shipmycar...500cr-venom.jpg.

But a muscle car in the 21st century needs to be more than that. When super cars first came out there was a lot of problems with them and they were only made to sit in garages and get 500 miles a year on them otherwise they would break. Go talk to the guy from catsautos the diablo gt he has when he did a sharp turn with it once the whole entire windshield cracked from end to end. Now we have cars like the MP4 12c and 458 italia that are supercars you could DD if you so wish. They ride like a bentley when you want it and a track car when you want it. This is called PROGRESS. If you want to live in the past then go buy the car that is in the link.

You are entilted to your opinion but there is no point in even replying to this post because you want to know why? If you were right on your definition of what a muscle car should be the gt500 wouldn't be the way it is today with all the comforts it has, so clearly Ford and SVT see a different image than you do.

This is america, why settle when you can have it all? :)

I wish they put that car on the track though and actually did more than just show highway driving. Most likely the owner wouldn't allow them to do anything besides that.

LOL!!!...you gotta be the biggest twit to ever post on TS...how the F#$%^#K do you know what I want ?..the picture you showed of a butchered Mustang!!

I don't think so..an original or restored to factory one yes..I've owned and drove more true muscle cars than you'll ever own...you read about them and knock

them...you and NC viper tell me whats not refined about the GT500 ?..further more show me what Euro or Jap car will give you the performance and refinment

the GT500 gives you at that price range ?...thats right NONE!!...a 458 a DD!!..I hope it rides way better that a 430 because I sure as hell wouldn't want to

I know I drove one not read about it...give me a Viper..GT500..Vette or muscle car from the 60's any day over any of the Jap and Euro cars...oh wait go buy

a refined Lexus LFA for about $300,000 + then have a $50-60 k GT500 put it to shame..you don't even deserve the one you own...there you wanted my opinion

you got it!!.....now go google about some other car and come back with an answer.. :fool: . :hysterical:

LOL!!!...you gotta be the biggest twit to ever post on TS...how the F#$%^#K do you know what I want ?..the picture you showed of a butchered Mustang!!

I don't think so..an original or restored to factory one yes..I've owned and drove more true muscle cars than you'll ever own...you read about them and knock

them...you and NC viper tell me whats not refined about the GT500 ?..further more show me what Euro or Jap car will give you the performance and refinment

the GT500 gives you at that price range ?...thats right NONE!!...a 458 a DD!!..I hope it rides way better that a 430 because I sure as hell wouldn't want to

I know I drove one not read about it...give me a Viper..GT500..Vette or muscle car from the 60's any day over any of the Jap and Euro cars...oh wait go buy

a refined Lexus LFA for about $300,000 + then have a $50-60 k GT500 put it to shame..you don't even deserve the one you own...there you wanted my opinion

you got it!!.....now go google about some other car and come back with an answer.. :fool: . :hysterical:

Wow I'm wasting my time with you. It's like talking to a retarded wall. You just compared an LFA to a shelby and considered them in the same league because the shelby is faster. BIG DEAL. My mechanic has an old 5.0 that runs 9s so should he be saying "oh my 5k car is faster than your 70k car so that means it is better". Lol you lost me and everyone else at that comment. Good day sir you have way too much blind fan boyism and can't simply understand the concept between a 100k car and a 300k car. There is a reason for the price difference but clearly not to you.

And for your info yes I have driven both the 458 and the mclaren. The mclaren rides better but the 458 still rides a lot better than the shelby so yes it could be a DD. And you will always drive more old muscle cars because I don't care about that old stuff you can keep it. I don't live in the 1960s.

Thanks, Kuruptive. I finally got to see the whole show.

My '13 GT500 does not shake & rattle yet, it just amazes! My '63 split-window Vette, my '65 SS396 Impala, my '67 SS Camaro, my '69 Firebird 400 vert, my wife's '74 Vette and her '96 Vette ALL shook & rattled with age!

Does anyone else feel that their Stang is somewhat refined? I'm sure ALL "refined" cars will rattle with age and without expensive rattle maintenance!

Wow I'm wasting my time with you. It's like talking to a retarded wall. You just compared an LFA to a shelby and considered them in the same league because the shelby is faster. BIG DEAL. My mechanic has an old 5.0 that runs 9s so should he be saying "oh my 5k car is faster than your 70k car so that means it is better". Lol you lost me and everyone else at that comment. Good day sir you have way too much blind fan boyism and can't simply understand the concept between a 100k car and a 300k car. There is a reason for the price difference but clearly not to you.

And for your info yes I have driven both the 458 and the mclaren. The mclaren rides better but the 458 still rides a lot better than the shelby so yes it could be a DD. And you will always drive more old muscle cars because I don't care about that old stuff you can keep it. I don't live in the 1960s.

You just made my point again...you're so full of chit!!...you had to come on here and ask us how to drive your GT500 but stated on a post you drove a ZR1

now a 456 and a Mclaren ????.... :hysterical2: ...who in their right mind would let you drive any car let alone those cars when you still can't drive your own car..I lost

everyone!!!!....let them go back and see what you've posted since you've been on here and see what anyone thinks... :confused: ...you sir are full of horse potatoes.

now go google about some other car and come back and tell everyone how good it drives over your GT500... :fool:

Sorry all other posters on this topic..I'm not usually like this but this punk and his BS gets to me..over and out!!!! :salute:

You just made my point again...you're so full of chit!!...you had to come on here and ask us how to drive your GT500 but stated on a post you drove a ZR1

now a 456 and a Mclaren ????.... :hysterical2: ...who in their right mind would let you drive any car let alone those cars when you still can't drive your own car..I lost

everyone!!!!....let them go back and see what you've posted since you've been on here and see what anyone thinks... :confused: ...you sir are full of horse potatoes.

now go google about some other car and come back and tell everyone how good it drives over your GT500... :fool:

Sorry all other posters on this topic..I'm not usually like this but this punk and his BS gets to me..over and out!!!! :salute:

Neighbor has both cars he let me drive them around the area for a bit and I let him drive the shelby. He also has a 2 458s (a red coupe and yellow convertible and yes if you don't believe me I can post pictures) sls, gallarado, and cl63 amg but that is another story. I never said I drove a zr1 for the last time I said I been in one and you just assumed that ment I drove it.

Lol you lost me and everyone else at that comment. Good day sir you have way too much blind fan boyism and can't simply understand the concept between a 100k car and a 300k car.

SVT13, once again showing your age with your posts. No, you do not speak for "everyone else" here. Many of us have known svtkeith on here for a very long time. Some probably longer than you've even been alive. Why is it that every time you post on any topic, you are pissing somebody off? I tried to help you in the past on how to treat people on here, but you obviously have no clue. I'm done trying to help you and forgive you for your age. You obviously will not grow up with how you treat people on here and you have no respect for others. You continue to not follow the rules of the board. I'm guessing your time here is very short lived.

SVT13, once again showing your age with your posts. No, you do not speak for "everyone else" here. Many of us have known svtkeith on here for a very long time. Some probably longer than you've even been alive. Why is it that every time you post on any topic, you are pissing somebody off? I tried to help you in the past on how to treat people on here, but you obviously have no clue. I'm done trying to help you and forgive you for your age. You obviously will not grow up with how you treat people on here and you have no respect for others. You continue to not follow the rules of the board. I'm guessing your time here is very short lived.

????? He is the one who has a problem with everything I say. 2nd please show me a rule I broke that he didn't. You are right though I won't grow up for the guy that has a personal vendetta against me. Believe me if I really wanted to break some rules I know exactly what I would say and be done with it,which would be the completely 100% correct thing to do in this situation but that wouldn't be polite and I would get yelled at or banned. And don't generalize saying I have no respect for others. Am I insulting you? Am I insulting other people? Or is this just an isolated incident with one person who seems to argue with every post I make? I think it's the latter. I am completely entitled to my opinion to say I agree with Jeremy Clark the same as svtkeith is to say that muscle cars should be unrefined.

Have a nice day.

Archived