TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby CS1 Wheels at Shelbystore.com?

acroholic

How come there are no CS1 wheels listed at Shelbyparts.com? Just curious. They are for sale at some of the online places.

Dave

Carroll Shelby Wheel Co. is currently a seperate entity. We don't stock their wheels, (they drop-ship) nor offer them all, just select models.

Jer

This was an excellent question! I've asked myself this before but never put the effort forth to figurer it out or ask. Now I know, thanks Jer! Oddly it always gave me the feeling the CS1 rims were not truely Shelby approved rims so I stayed away. I like their specs (not weight) and the look is growing on me. But I'm sold on trying to get a set of the Alcoas.

This was an excellent question! I've asked myself this before but never put the effort forth to figurer it out or ask. Now I know, thanks Jer! Oddly it always gave me the feeling the CS1 rims were not truely Shelby approved rims so I stayed away. I like their specs (not weight) and the look is growing on me. But I'm sold on trying to get a set of the Alcoas.

Yea, I like the idea that the rears are 11", and I like the look as well. Maybe I'll label the CS1s as "Plan B" or "Plan C" after the Alcoas.

Regarding the "topic" for the CS40 and CS56 wheels: Has anyone ever actually seen either one of those wheels "upclose" and "personal"? The CS40 I've seen on YouTube mounted on some guys GT500 has that "retro" look IMO! The CS40 in available in "chrome, silver or matte black inards with "brushed finish outside. All have a nice design. The CS56, in chrome, has much larger spokes...."clearly" a heavier look. Anyone here on TS have a set mounted for viewing? I'd like to see more members pics if available. The CS1 are a "coin toss"....they are 11' wide (rears) "good", but there is just something missing IMO.

Regarding the "topic" for the CS40 and CS56 wheels: Has anyone ever actually seen either one of those wheels "upclose" and "personal"? The CS40 I've seen on YouTube mounted on some guys GT500 has that "retro" look IMO! The CS40 in available in "chrome, silver or matte black inards with "brushed finish outside. All have a nice design. The CS56, in chrome, has much larger spokes...."clearly" a heavier look. Anyone here on TS have a set mounted for viewing? I'd like to see more members pics if available. The CS1 are a "coin toss"....they are 11' wide (rears) "good", but there is just something missing IMO.

The CS56 wheels are what we were/are using on the GT500SE builds. The SAI brochure shows a few pics of them installed. See link below.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/gt500se.pdf

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I have the silver cs40's on my gt/sc. You can see the wheels on my car in my gallery. I just ordered the Alcoas and i'm not so sure i really improved the looks that much. I've had people at car shows see my cs 40 wheels and see the alcoas on supersnakes and liked my cs 40's the best. The silver's really bring out the silver stripes on my car. You be the judge.

Guys, BTW, the CS1 is now added to our site.

Jer

• 1 month later...

hey everyone i was looking to buy the shelby CS1 wheels for my mustang and do Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35/20 & 315/35/20 in the rear also my car is lower it has the Pro system plus (Drop: 1.0" Front, 1.5" Rear) was wondering if anyone has done this set up before? thanks

post-40744-0-14483800-1365351005_thumb.jpg

post-40744-0-14483800-1365351005_thumb.jpg

hey everyone i was looking to buy the shelby CS1 wheels for my mustang and do Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35/20 & 315/35/20 in the rear also my car is lower it has the Pro system plus (Drop: 1.0" Front, 1.5" Rear) was wondering if anyone has done this set up before? thanks

I am pretty sure you can't go 315 if you are lowered. I have the CS1 wheels with 315s and I would rub if I lowered. See Pic

Man, I like the wheels you have better than the CS1s. I wouldn't change a thing.

Archived