TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It Finally Happened To Me!

Jer

Driving home today, I approached a spot where I needed to kick the gas a little to get in position to safely exit the Express Lanes. A supercharged car with no mufflers can be a bit loud, of course, so when I pulled into regular traffic and saw a motorcycle cop right beside my passenger window, deliberately pacing me, I expected the worst... Damn. I looked over, and he smiled (70's mustache and all) and gave me a thumbs up. SO FREAKIN' COOL!

Jer

Yea I know how you feel... I was cruising to work one morning, doing 125km in a 100km zone about a175 dollar ticket if stopped. I notice out of the corner of my eye a black car pacing me for a bit. Finally I look over and it's a big cop in an unmarked he smiles gives me a thumbs up and pulls away... Put a smile on my face for sure!

Driving home today, I approached a spot where I needed to kick the gas a little to get in position to safely exit the Express Lanes. A supercharged car with no mufflers can be a bit loud, of course, so when I pulled into regular traffic and saw a motorcycle cop right beside my passenger window, deliberately pacing me, I expected the worst... Damn. I looked over, and he smiled (70's mustache and all) and gave me a thumbs up. SO FREAKIN' COOL!

Jer

Maybe he was "Poncho" (Erik Estrada) from "Chips"..... :hysterical:

Maybe he was "Poncho" (Erik Estrada) from "Chips"..... :hysterical:

Know how most of of us know you aren't old enough to have watched CHiPs during its original run in the '70s?

You called Estrada's character "Poncho". Priceless!! It's "Ponch", young lady! Man do I feel old right now...Ouch!

Know how most of of us know you aren't old enough to have watched CHiPs during its original run in the '70s?

You called Estrada's character "Poncho". Priceless!! It's "Ponch", young lady! Man do I feel old right now...Ouch!

Never missed an episode.

Jer

Very cool story Jer! :rockon:

When I was driving home from the 50th bash last March I had a similar situation in Ohio. Was on the last day of the trip home and was cruising at 75 in a 65 on Hwy 70 just East of Columbus. Yeah I know... But I was anxious to get home. Anyway was traveling with a group of 2 other cars. They were following me, of course. And just as my radar started beeping I saw 2 cops were in the middle of the road behind an overpass. Well of course we made eye contact and they immediately took pursuit. I slowed down to 65 and got into the right lane. The one Sheriff came up to my rear quarter panel and hung there for a few seconds. I told my son, Hunter, to get the insurance card and registration out of the glove box. He did so and said, "Dad, that cop is taking pictures!"

The cop pulls up even and looks at me through his window and gives me a HUGE thumbs up, right before he takes another pic and cruises away. Yes... I had to clean myself! :hysterical2:

Here's the pic of the cops as they drove away and onto the next exit. I figured if he to a pic of me. I'd take a pic of him!

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

I would think that you guys would remember Randi Oakes :wub: . I'm starting to worry about you drooling over Ponch :headscratch: On a side note - she came to the AF dental lab at Lowry AFB :salute: - her brother was there - back in 1969 - she wore a see through blouse. Sad to say I was on leave at the time but everyone told me about it when I got back. :banghead:

Back then I was old enough to have a childhood crush on Erik Estrada.... :wub2: But He's 18 years older than me I don't feel so old now.... :happy feet:

Poncho! :hysterical2:

When you live with an Italiano Secondo, everything sounds, looks and ends with an O.... :hysterical: You should know that Michael.... :shades:

Very cool story Jer! :rockon:

When I was driving home from the 50th bash last March I had a similar situation in Ohio. Was on the last day of the trip home and was cruising at 75 in a 65 on Hwy 70 just East of Columbus. Yeah I know... But I was anxious to get home. Anyway was traveling with a group of 2 other cars. They were following me, of course. And just as my radar started beeping I saw 2 cops were in the middle of the road behind an overpass. Well of course we made eye contact and they immediately took pursuit. I slowed down to 65 and got into the right lane. The one Sheriff came up to my rear quarter panel and hung there for a few seconds. I told my son, Hunter, to get the insurance card and registration out of the glove box. He did so and said, "Dad, that cop is taking pictures!"

The cop pulls up even and looks at me through his window and gives me a HUGE thumbs up, right before he takes another pic and cruises away. Yes... I had to clean myself! :hysterical2:

Here's the pic of the cops as they drove away and onto the next exit. I figured if he to a pic of me. I'd take a pic of him!

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

Hmmm, a K9 unit. Wonder what they would need the dogs for on the highway!! ;)

30 years after CHiPs and Estrada went off the air, it's probably more like Paunch...

While driving my '13 GT500 across the country after picking it up at the dealer, I was pulled over during rush hour by a local B&W from Fort Worth who was driving a new Charger. He never asked for my papers, just kept asking specifics about my new ride. 20 min and 100 questions later he sent me on my way with "be careful, have a safe trip."

Jer

Sure it wasn't msr1011 (a team shelby member)? I don't remember if he had a mustache or not.

• 5 months later...

Archived