TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Superbowl Commercial - Paul Harvey and Dodge Ram

I was at the local hangout for the game with everyone doing a pot luck.

My usual vote always had to go to the Budweiser Clydesdales. But this year, the winner is this one

First, I grew up on a small farm. We had 25-30 dairy cows and sold milk. My grandfather and grandmother never head a real vacation. I joke about having to "go home to milk the cows" but it was real.

Second that choked me up was I met Mr. Harvey at least 4 times when I was in high school and college. He was a remarkable speaker.

Besides the narrative, the photography is world class.

I hope this one comes out as the winner this year. It's just great for so many reasons.

Tony,

This one got my vote too! Paying homage to the American Farmer was a class act. Chrysler deserves kudos for doing so. :salute:

What I liked was it was so subtle.

Look here who is poster #9

http://twitchy.com/2013/02/03/paul-harvey-wins-super-bowl-ad-tribute-to-farmers-earns-praise-nostalgia/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Those were my two favorites also. Since I'm 5th generation on the same family farm and also have horses, I think they were both incredible pieces. The miracle of watching a baby foal being born and then having that animal grow up with you is pretty awesome. We're lambing right now. My daughter has 5 sheep who are all due in the next few weeks. They all have twins. Oh boy!

Tony,

This one got my vote too! Paying homage to the American Farmer was a class act. Chrysler deserves kudos for doing so. :salute:

It was outstanding. And, until the end, you had no idea who it was for. Good for Dodge.

+1,

and

+1!

I was also moved by the Oprah narrative on the Jeep tribute to our Armed Forces and support for the USO.

Total "Class Act" for ChryCo this year. Take note Audi, Hyundai, and the remainder of the forgettables...

and could GoDaddy be any more revolting? They got my attention. Now every time I think GoDaddy, I want to puke! :barf:

and could GoDaddy be any more revolting? They got my attention. Now every time I think GoDaddy, I want to puke! :barf:

I could not AGREE more!

I told my wife, "that's really creepy." Yeah, I know...I have a feeling it'll come out that the guy in the scene was some 'hottie' actor made up to look like a geek, but it was STILL creepy (the SOUND more than the visual).

Now if Bar and Danica went at it like that....I might'a felt different about it!

Phill

Personally, I thought it was to long.....................they could have cut it in half and still got the point accross. Certain things tend to grate on my nerves, such as repeating a phrase over and over again and again.

I have read many reviews and opinions and guess I will have to add my 2 cents. We have farmed and ranched on a large scale in South Dakota for 43 years now. With our grandkids this makes a 6th generation farm. We have two sons with college degrees that have chosen to remain on the farm as well. We live in predominantly Ford pickup country but I have heard more than once since that Super Bowl commercial came out men that have only driven Ford say the next pickup will be a Dodge. Just a point of reference-pickups are not referred to as "trucks" but pickups in this part of the world. A truck is a semi or a grain type truck. I think everyone that has ever had anything to do with farm life can relate to almost every line in that commercial and it really hits home but mostly the heart. Dodge has used Sam Elliott and his voice for a long time in their ads and I thought those were awesome but this was the best.

Personally, I thought it was to long.....................they could have cut it in half and still got the point accross. Certain things tend to grate on my nerves, such as repeating a phrase over and over again and again.

It was a 2:38 second Paul Harvey speech from 1978. How do you think they could have cut out any part of his commentary? :shrug:

The entire speech had meaning and was, IMHO, well worth the 2 mins it took to air.

It was a 2:38 second Paul Harvey speech from 1978. How do you think they could have cut out any part of his commentary? :shrug:

The entire speech had meaning and was, IMHO, well worth the 2 mins it took to air.

Actually, the speech did undergo some editing from the original that was done in 1978-there were some very good additional lines but in the respects of time and commercial cost I understand why the edit.

I know who Paul Harvey is and I understand what Farmers do for this Country but neither will make me buy a Dodge and to me, repeating a phase over and over in an Ad will just make me NOT do what they want me to do and most of the time I just change the channel. Sorry but, for me, the Ad was TO LONG. Just my 2 cents.

Archived