TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT Grille Housing Fitment

I've found a number of threads regarding the new SGT grille housing and its fitment issues.

I still have my original grille and honeycomb cutout housing behind it (All 07 SGT's have this)

I wanted the 08 grille housing as it looks nicer/cleaner and might increase airflow a bit. Anyone install the new housing with the original grille? Any issues? I want to know what's up before I go taking everything apart.

From what I've read, it's issues dealing with either the housing not fitting into the bumper slot, or the billet grille grille screw holes not matching up with the new housing brackets.

-Brandon

Did mine, too. Fit fine.

I just had to get used to seeing all that white paint through the grille! LOL....

BTW, not a bad time to check out if your tri-bar pony is faded. Mine was sandblasted from years of NY driving and a cross-country relocation.

Jer

Did mine, too. Fit fine.

I just had to get used to seeing all that white paint through the grille! LOL....

BTW, not a bad time to check out if your tri-bar pony is faded. Mine was sandblasted from years of NY driving and a cross-country relocation.

Jer

I like the faded tri-bar pony, adds Petunia :shades:

Might get a new one though just to have.

Fitment/alignment issues attaching grille to housing, none of the 4 attachment points lined up

Uncertain if it was the grille or the housing

Hogged out the holes and forced it all together

Guess only I know it's like that, as no one would be looking for it

SGTgrillinsert.jpg

Hogged out the holes and forced it all together

Guess only I know it's like that, as no one would be looking for it

There you go....hogging all the good parts for yourself again!! :hysterical:

Andy.

I wonder when they started installing the 2008 style grill housing. My 2007(CSM 4665) did not have the chopped grill in it.

Interesting because my SGT-C ( CSM#4755 ) has the honeycomb/cut up unit in it and I'm replacing it with a new SPP housing ( mine's wavy ) and the SPP black grille ( on sale ) which is cheaper than buying the SPP grille and housing unit from them . I'll probably hang the original up on the wall in the garage with the pony emblem in tack . I hope I like the stealth grille look .

Archived