TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Ponies on the Plains 2103

frydguy79

The Dates are set for this fall's 2nd annual Ponies on the Plains, and again Sean Cook owner of SMC Events has came up with a Great Event!!

The Event is located @ MotorSports Park in Hastings NE on Sept 20th -22nd..

The Motorsports Park is a fantatsic venue for our second Regional event, the track is fast and fun, and it gets awsome revues from everyone that has ever made the time to attend a event there..

The Dates are set for this fall's 2nd annual Ponies on the Plains, and again Sean Cook owner of SMC Events has came up with a Great Event!!

The Motorsports Park is a fantatsic venue for our second Regional event, the track is fast and fun, and it gets awsome revues from everyone that has ever made the time to attend a event there..

Great to hear that the dates have been set this far in advance. I probably missed it, but do you have the dates for 2102?

All kidding aside, Sean and Randy put on a terrific event and my wife and I are really looking forward to the 2013 event!

Mark

Looks like a cool event are verts allowed on the track??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Sean good to see you've got things started over here at TS and we hope to see even more Shelbys this year. I thought I'd give a few updates on some cool developments for 2013:

1) We have some confirmation on the first Ford attendees. Todd Soderquist will be polling more people at Ford and expects to make more announcements at a later date.

Those of you that were able to make it the last two years know Todd was the Mustang Planner and a key player at Ford in bringing back the Boss. He is currently the CD4 Platform Program Manager at Ford and owner of #LS022 for both the 2012 Black/Red Laguna Seca and 2013 SBY Laguna Seca. He and his father Doug will be piloting both cars in competition at the Roundup.

Chuck Drake was Boss 302 vehicle engineering team leader and an expert on Boss 302 development, details, and decisions. Chuck and his father have a pair of 2012 and 2013 Boss 302s plus a collection of classic Mustangs and a continuation Cobra. Chuck’s father will be joining him for the weekend and planning to bring their Boss 302s.

Note: Two father and Ford employee son Boss teams!

Mike Berardi – Director of Ford Customer Service Operations (Motorcraft) is planning to attend. Mike has somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Mustangs in his collection ranging from 1965 to present. We might have to help him decide which car goes to Nebraska this year. Leading candidates: 95MY Cobra R, 00MY Cobra R or 12MY Boss Laguna Seca

2) Justin Starkey from VMP will be bringing his mobile dyno to the Roundup ;)

Here's some additional info from Justin on it:

We can take appointments now. We can come in a day or even two early if we are busy enough.

This is the landing page on our website, its not much right now.

http://vmptuning.com...parent=409&pg=1

Dynotuning is $500, for existing customers its $350. Pulley and idler swap on a GT500 is $399 with parts. We can do a full package on those cars with CAI/tuner/pulley/idler for around $1200-1500 depending on year. We can do blower installs on GT500s, 03/04 Cobras, and 5.0s. We can also do afco dual fan heat exchanger installs.

3) The schedule is going to look something like this:

Friday 9/20 is School for new drivers 9AM-3PM, then a little track time for others until 5PM, then to Museum reception.

Saturday 9/21 AM Track Time, PM Autocross, evening BBQ & Drags. Car show during the day and trophies Sat night.

Sunday 9/22 Who's The BOSS of the Mustang's - 9AM-2:30PM and awards at 3:00 PM

Go to http://www.racemph.com for the complete schedule and online registration.

4) You may register on-line now!

http://racemph.mycus...?cid=256&srch=t

It's so easy a Caveman can do it!

Hit LOGIN then

Click on Register for an Account

Participant information on you...Fill in the details! ....hit Next

Forms fill in the person to contact when you are here if we need family! Hit Next

Forms fill in your driving information on the car and your experience etc. Hit Next

Coupons (only code for current Guardrail Club Members) Hit Next

Discount you will get $20 off until 7/1/13 Hit Next

Summary will let you know about RV locations Hit next

Payment Load the Credit card info Hit Next

Check out and MPH grabs your cash!

Guests with drivers can pay for additional Saturday Night BBQ at the track $20 just like the registered drivers can pay for Street Drag Racing for $30 Cash at the track. Car show participants can pay $30 to Run the Drags too!

• 3 weeks later...

I,m in again :yahoo: This year the Hell Snake will be hitting the track and not just sitting there looking pretty :salute:

You better baby that car and keep it out of the tires firepro. I would cry to see the Hell Snake even go through the grass.

But I do not blame you for wanting to get it on the track. It sounded great while I followed you on the parade laps. I would love to hear it wound up on the track.

You better baby that car and keep it out of the tires firepro. I would cry to see the Hell Snake even go through the grass.

But I do not blame you for wanting to get it on the track. It sounded great while I followed you on the parade laps. I would love to hear it wound up on the track.

Trust me, that is the last place I want to visit or become a member of the Guard Rail club. Justin didn't have much good to say about it and yes, you would probably see a grown man cry :banghead: Would not be pretty but I guess you only live once and I can't take it with me?

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me, that is the last place I want to visit or become a member of the Guard Rail club. Justin didn't have much good to say about it and yes, you would probably see a grown man cry :banghead: Would not be pretty but I guess you only live once and I can't take it with me?

No but you could will it to me! :hysterical:

Howdy Northern Plains,

I am moving to KS in a couple months and this looks like a great event to attend. Is there a place anyone would recommend staying for that weekend?

yes as far as i know , we are using the same hotel as last year.. great place!!

where about are you moving to??

i live in Great Bend..

• 4 weeks later...

yes as far as i know , we are using the same hotel as last year.. great place!!

where about are you moving to??

i live in Great Bend..

Randy....I am actually going up this year.....not to track it....but to have vmp put a few more pieces on it... :) I figure 300 miles is a lot closer than Florida.

Let's talk sometime......am interested in where you stay etc........take care...John

Not really sure exactly where I will land, either Lawrence or KC. What hotel is everyone staying in?

....there are a number of us GT500 owners in the KC area, but we really don't get together much as a group.......and there are two active mustang groups in the metro area.....both pretty good, and the larger one has several active members with GT500s.....and of course, every April we have Shelbyfest over in Hermann, MO......very much a "don't miss' type of event.

....there are a number of us GT500 owners in the KC area, but we really don't get together much as a group.......and there are two active mustang groups in the metro area.....both pretty good, and the larger one has several active members with GT500s.....and of course, every April we have Shelbyfest over in Hermann, MO......very much a "don't miss' type of event.

Thanks for the info. I will have to keep an eye out for any events in the area. Who are the groups in KC area? Are they on a different forum? I went to the Shelby Bash in LV this past March and had a blast, so Shelbyfest sounds pretty awesome.

Thanks for the info. I will have to keep an eye out for any events in the area. Who are the groups in KC area? Are they on a different forum? I went to the Shelby Bash in LV this past March and had a blast, so Shelbyfest sounds pretty awesome.

i was @ the Bash also..

i had either this years #37 decal on my car or last years # 177 on it, did you happen to catch me?? i seen more people than i could remember..

• 2 weeks later...

Hope we can make it up this year for the event. Everyone I've talked to raved about the track and event in general.

Just a quick question. Friday track school is from 9-3, what if you do not need any more schooling? Is there track time during that time frame for people who are experienced?

What they did last year was that if you were a member of Team Shelby and signed up through their link (as opposed to the MPH link) you got extra time on Friday in between the drivers school sessions as part of the package. If I remember correctly, we got three runs in that day.

If you follow the MPH link to sign up, they show that there will be track time available to all between 3 and 5PM. I haven't seen anything yet as far as a Team Shelby package, but I am sure that Randy or Sean could fill in the details for us.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Randy and I have talked about this quite a bit and with Track Guys having the track for most of Friday it left very little "extra" for Shelby. For advanced drivers there is time from 3-5 on Friday, but that is open to everyone.

Friday night is the IMAX party and Saturday night is the BBQ so again not much opportunity for TS people to gather.

For 2014 what does everyone think about doing a Thursday Team Shelby only track day, say 12 to 5 with instructors (if wanted) and a group dinner Thursday evening? I'd guess that would add $175 or so to the weekend. If interest looks good Randy and I will look into that. We could also do a FULL day Thursday if there was interest.

• 2 months later...

We are trying to make it easier by having one central sign up location.

Please go to: https://racemph.mycustomevent.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?com=productlist&cid=256&srch=t and sign up there. It will ask you how you heard about the event. Make sure you click on Team Shelby (Sean Cook). Signing up that way gets you lunch Saturday and Sunday plus some EXTRA goodies that the others do not get. If you have already signed up, please let me know ASAP so I can make a note of it and get you squared away with the Team Shelby group.

Justin Starkey from VMP Performance will also be there with his mobile dyno. He is charging $65 for two pulls. Sign up through me and get two pulls PLUS Boost and A/F measurement for just $60! This does have to be PRE-BOOKED to get the discount and the extras. Let me know (PM, email or text) if you want this.

Randy and I have talked about this quite a bit and with Track Guys having the track for most of Friday it left very little "extra" for Shelby. For advanced drivers there is time from 3-5 on Friday, but that is open to everyone.

Friday night is the IMAX party and Saturday night is the BBQ so again not much opportunity for TS people to gather.

For 2014 what does everyone think about doing a Thursday Team Shelby only track day, say 12 to 5 with instructors (if wanted) and a group dinner Thursday evening? I'd guess that would add $175 or so to the weekend. If interest looks good Randy and I will look into that. We could also do a FULL day Thursday if there was interest.

What about this Thursday TeamShelby track day? I'm more into doing track events without instructors. I probably won't be able to attend this year.

Chad, it is something that we are working on , adding value to the experince, and getting more people out on the track so they can really take ownership of their cars...

it will be a great time Chad, you really need to pencil it in... :bandance:

Chad, it is something that we are working on , adding value to the experince, and getting more people out on the track so they can really take ownership of their cars...

it will be a great time Chad, you really need to pencil it in... :bandance:

As much as this kills me to say it, but I won't be going this year either. Budgetary constraints (read: wife out of work, fun budget cut to zero) are what is preventing me from going. Damn. :banghead:

I was really, really looking forward to seeing everyone again, playing on the MPH track and just hanging out. So, here's to hoping my budget gets restored and I can go next year.

Mark

As much as this kills me to say it, but I won't be going this year either. Budgetary constraints (read: wife out of work, fun budget cut to zero) are what is preventing me from going. Damn. :banghead:

I was really, really looking forward to seeing everyone again, playing on the MPH track and just hanging out. So, here's to hoping my budget gets restored and I can go next year.

Mark

:censored::redcard::banghead::rant2::cry:

We will miss you! Next year I expect you and the Mrs. to be there.

We still have plenty of open spots available.

Please feel free to share with all your friends and family. Be sure to select TEAM SHELBY on the "how you heard about us" section of the registration form! It will get you a couple of "extras" B)

Here is a link to the FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/188804934603108/

Here is the registration page: http://www.racemph.com/schedule/mustang-roundup-boss-reunion-2013-2/

Archived