TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1965 gt350

I saw that, plus several others in Scottsdale, this was the best bargain I saw of the 1965 GT350s:

http://www.rmauction...?lot_id=1056713

But all things Shelby were way down in Scottsdale, too many for sale and too few buyers all at the same time. There were two very rare color '70 GT500 SCJ 'verts that sold for way under $200K, even the Boss9s were way down too. Mustangs in general also bargains at Scottsdale this year.

Did anyone see the 65 gt350 sale on recent Barrett Jackson auction? It looked like a great car but it only sold for $220,000. I was surprised.

Non-original engine and the replacement engine configuration was not as delivered . (Assuming I'm reading the description correctly)

I'm no expert but it seemed kind of a mix of old and new stuff. Still, it was a really cool looking car with some unique owner history. It hammered at 220 but totaled $242,000. Less than I thought it would.

I saw that, plus several others in Scottsdale, this was the best bargain I saw of the 1965 GT350s:

http://www.rmauction...?lot_id=1056713

But all things Shelby were way down in Scottsdale, too many for sale and too few buyers all at the same time. There were two very rare color '70 GT500 SCJ 'verts that sold for way under $200K, even the Boss9s were way down too. Mustangs in general also bargains at Scottsdale this year.

Yeah, too many Shelbys and lots of Mustangs. I missed the Mustang bargains, the two we were bidding on went through our numbers...

• 1 month later...

I am restoring my '66 GT350 while I play with the 2011 GT350.

License plate frame on both cars: "My Other Car Is A Shelby GT350".

Gratifying!

Hey, I will trade you my 65' tribute for your 66' so you can have a first year matching set :hysterical: Yeah, I figured you were laughing at this. Would love to see pics on the progress of the restoration. Well, I can at least see what it looks like if I owned both GT350's. All I have to do is look at my avitar.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you would think such a classic would be sold at a higher price

• 3 weeks later...

GREAT! they shouldn't be at those stupid prices in the first place as its like BJ to have done this many years ago... most REAL car guys and ladies do not have 7 figure bank accounts so the more the values come down the better

Archived