TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Track specials - waiting

NMAv

Anxiously waiting to hear what special programs/offerings SA is going to have prior to the March bash. Jer, can you give us a 30,000 foot preview?

What, you mean like special parts, accessories, sales, etc?

Hell, yes. Losing sleep over it all right now!

:hysterical:

Jer

Yeah, things like that, wheel/tire packages, maybe Shelby helmets, suspension upgrades etc.

Sleep - overrated.

Methinks someone has been eavesdropping outside my office door.....

BTW, I grew up in the music business. I try to sleep 8 or 10 hours a week, whether I need it or not.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

What, you mean like special parts, accessories, sales, etc?

Hell, yes. Losing sleep over it all right now!

:hysterical:

Jer

"Yes"? Well..... I hope you are getting some sleep. I'm waiting for this to happen :waiting:

"Yes"? Well..... I hope you are getting some sleep. I'm waiting for this to happen :waiting:

No, I'm not.

BTW, remember the way I operate: I don't like to post pix or renderings until the stuff is IN HOUSE and ready for you to buy.

When *I* announce something, I want it to be available. I've got 2 or 3 new items AND a sale on related stuff coming very soon. I'm aware of the time constraints, and bugging my suppliers on these items daily.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first item: http://www.shelbysto...-p/gfr-3023.htm

Jer

Those helmets are SWEET! Any chance they will come in different base colors in the future? Let's say.... Vista Blue with white stripes? Hint, hint!

I think I need a new helmet... :happy feet:

Do they have a hook-up for radio communication?

No, they don't, unfortunately.

Jer

Those helmets are SWEET! Any chance they will come in different base colors in the future? Let's say.... Vista Blue with white stripes? Hint, hint!

Unlikely... but, hey, you could always get a white helmet with blue stripes and one of THESE (see photo below)

Jer

ShelbyAmericanBlue_2.jpgShelbyAmericanBlue-Back_2.jpgShelbyAmericanBlack_2.jpgShelbyAmericanBlack-Back_2.jpg

ShelbyAmericanBlack_2.jpg

ShelbyAmericanBlack-Back_2.jpg

ShelbyAmericanBlue_2.jpg

ShelbyAmericanBlue-Back_2.jpg

Another great part! Any chances there will be harnesses coming down the pipeline too?

That was one of my original plans, but we'd have to devote a LOT of time to setting up a program to accomodate all the choices our customers would want and expect. Moreover, it gets a bit prickly from a legal standpoint. In many cases, the SFI regulations and certification, etc... will not allow any changes to a design, even the name on the belts.

Since Impact, Schroth, Simpson, Corbeau, and so many other companies already offer many different configurations of great products, I've decided to let the experts do what they do at this time.

Still haven't ruled out Shelby harness PADS, though...

Jer

That was one of my original plans, but we'd have to devote a LOT of time to setting up a program to accomodate all the choices our customers would want and expect. Moreover, it gets a bit prickly from a legal standpoint. In many cases, the SFI regulations and certification, etc... will not allow any changes to a design, even the name on the belts.

Since Impact, Schroth, Simpson, Corbeau, and so many other companies already offer many different configurations of great products, I've decided to let the experts do what they do at this time.

Still haven't ruled out Shelby harness PADS, though...

Jer

I think that the pads would be a good compromise. No reason to go through all the legal troubles.

Jer

Installs with simple hand tools - so is it simply a bolt in item to existing bolts? Or is there any cutting or drilling involved?

Should be just bolting it in. I believe it's just like corbeau bar.

Jer

Installs with simple hand tools - so is it simply a bolt in item to existing bolts? Or is there any cutting or drilling involved?

No. Easy install to existing high-strength points.

Jer

I think that the pads would be a good compromise. No reason to go through all the legal troubles.

Yup!

Jer

Thanks Jer. Ordered mine with no problem and will get it at the bash.

Cool!

Jer

Archived