TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Interior On The Way!

I finally decided to go for it and bought a set of corbeau trs seats and the boss 302 rear seat delete today, figured it was a well deserved birthday present to myself. :happy feet: Hopefully my new projects will arrive soon so I can start working on something. But as with every project there are always questions...

Has anyone fabricated up a plate or a set of metal pieces/strips that allows the corbeaus (or any other aftermarket seat, for the point of discussion) to sit on the stock power seat base? I can't imagine it being too difficult to drill a couple hole in a plate to bolt the seats to and another set to bolt to the stock rails where the stock seats would've fit into place. I figured about 1/8 of an inch would be thick enough to hold everything together, or should I go up to 1/4?

I am also going to take the X-brace that came with the rear seat delete and have it painted to match the stripe color. Am I correct that the stripe paint code for Ford Satin Silver is TA and that the Sherwin Williams equivalent number is 63454? Or would there be a better color choice? I've searched through a few threads and those two colors seem to be the consensus.

You should call Corbeau, they list brackets for 05+ mustangs... not sure if they adapt to the power base or to the floor or what, but worth asking...

I talked to both Corbeau and Stage 3 (where I bought 'em). Corbeau said that they would replace the power base. I got the fab up idea from stage 3, they did it to a customers car when there was a fab shop near them and that it wasn't a major issue. I'd love, for the simplicity, to just use the corbeau bracket but my back likes the option on road trips to set the cruise control and tilt the whole seat back a few degrees.

What is the standard process for shutting off the srs light once I install the new seats? Is there an aftermarket plug and play set-up I can use shut the light off or can I use use my SCT tuner to shut it off? I've read through some of the older threads and there seem to be a plug and play set-up but none of the links seemed to work. I'd rather not cut and splice wires together in case I returned to the stock seats at a later date.

The rear seat delete was just delivered by Con-Way. Shipping weight says the box was 70lbs. I have no idea where they got that weight, it was no where close (even with it still on the pallet). The quality is spot on! This is by far the best way any FRPP part of mine has ever been shipped; it was neatly organized and wrapped/boxed in a way that the luggage cover couldn't be damaged in transit. It was very well done! The X-Brace (I bought the gray version) is a lot darker in person than it is in any picture I have seen of it, but for my purposes that isn't a problem because it is being shipped off to the painter for a new coat of Satin Silver as soon as I have time to get there. As for the write-up on this portion, I would normally take photos and detailed accounts of how the install process went, but honestly I would never be able to add anything more than what Tob has already done in his great write up. Therefore, I'm just going to attach a link to his write-up and if I happen to have any different experiences/difficulties from his I'll post photos and explanations.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/885035-frpp-boss-302-laguna-seca-x-brace-m-6346612-a.html

Seats just arrived today. All I can say is, wow! These are great quality for the price. Shipping from Stage 3/Corbeau was also incredibly fast. As I said in my original post, I ordered these on Monday. They were shipped out on Tuesday from Corbeau, only took half a day to get the submarine slots installed then three days to my door. Never would have expected them to be here this soon. Anyone on the fence about them go for it, I sat in them for a little while once I took them out of the box and they are extremely comfortable. For the short amount of time I was in them they were more comfortable than the stockers. Hopefully we'll have another warm spell around here so I can start the tear down.

I ended up getting the cloth because I'm taking the back seats out, no need to keep the leather look. I talked to stage 3 about the possibility of fading you were telling me about. They talked to Corbeau about it and apparently they are now adding UV inhibitors to the cloth to take care of the fading problem. Pics are coming shortly!

Seats first, they are in excellent condition. I don't see any marks or loose threads from the submarine slot install. Now that they've warmed up they are completely form fitting.

DSC01915.jpg

The submarine slot is very well done for being completed as quickly as it was. The waves around the slot are from where the seat is already beginning to form, not from the slot pulling the fabric too taut.

DSC01917.jpg

The seats seem to have a lot of support in the bottom, I'll know for sure once I get some lengthy seat time in them and some time at the track. But, from what I heard/read when I was researching them, they seem to have great support.

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01920.jpg

Last, but not least, the rear seat delete. This product is just as advertised, and looks like something that should've been in every S197 mustang when it left the assembly line. I know I said that I would just leave this portion to Tob's thread, but I figured if I was looking to buy this part I'd want to see all the pics of it that I could find. So I'll put up some photos of it now and then once it's in the car.

DSC01922.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

I've got two pics of the X-Brace, first with flash second with flash off. There is nothing wrong with the color of the brace, and if I wasn't trying to win a couple car shows this summer I would leave it as is but those little details can make all the difference with the judges.

DSC01913.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's been a while since I've updated this thread. It's been a crazy couple weeks with midterms and research for term papers. I've got spring break the first week of march so, (if it's not too cold around here) I'll start working on this project. There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day. :drop:

• 2 weeks later...

I am also going to take the X-brace that came with the rear seat delete and have it painted to match the stripe color. Am I correct that the stripe paint code for Ford Satin Silver is TA and that the Sherwin Williams equivalent number is 63454? Or would there be a better color choice? I've searched through a few threads and those two colors seem to be the consensus.

Sherwin Williams 63454 is correct used that to paint my stripes. Also the ford code M7049A is correct

Just finished the tear down of the interior today. It took me 5 hours, by I was going slowly and watching the NASCAR race while I worked. Pics coming shortly once I can get them uploaded.

2013-03-03144324.jpg

2013-03-03144335.jpg

2013-03-03161540.jpg

Can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm trying to decide if I want to replace the seats or just replace the leather

Would you be replacing for the look or the functionality?

Really for functionality purposes. I had an early 80's fox body with Recaros and I loved how comfortable those were. I'm debating on if I want to give up the power adjustments I'd lose if I went with seats like you've picked. I've been watching your thread daily for updates on this and would value your opinions on the Corbeau's. If I decide the Corbeau's aren't the way to go, I need to replace the leather. Its really looking worn out and beat up.

Really for functionality purposes. I had an early 80's fox body with Recaros and I loved how comfortable those were. I'm debating on if I want to give up the power adjustments I'd lose if I went with seats like you've picked. I've been watching your thread daily for updates on this and would value your opinions on the Corbeau's. If I decide the Corbeau's aren't the way to go, I need to replace the leather. Its really looking worn out and beat up.

I'll be sure to give a full review both just with them in the car and then once I'm able to get out an drive it. It's still snowed in for another month or so.

I'll be keeping the power on the driver's seat though. I'm going to use two straight pieces of metal with four holes (two for the base and two for the seat) to connect with each other. Plug and bolt the stock base back down and you've got a powered corbeaus.

I'll be sure to give a full review both just with them in the car and then once I'm able to get out an drive it. It's still snowed in for another month or so.

I'll be keeping the power on the driver's seat though. I'm going to use two straight pieces of metal with four holes (two for the base and two for the seat) to connect with each other. Plug and bolt the stock base back down and you've got a powered corbeaus.

Please if you can, do a write up on the power seat conversion.

Please if you can, do a write up on the power seat conversion.

I can do that - I'll start a new thread so it'll be easy for everyone to search later. I'm working through figuring this out myself. I was told that it could be done, and it appears it's possible. I've got a couple pieces of sheet metal on order to make a new base and the corbeau seat track for the passenger side. I spent a good three hours working on it today.

I was able to get the rear seat delete finished today. I haven't painted the X-Brace yet. I was impatient and just installed it as is. If it grows on me I'll leave it, if not I'll pull it out and get it painted.

2013-03-05181318.jpg

2013-03-05181358.jpg

My backyard is too wet with the recent snow melt for me to pull the car out and get better pictures. But when it dries out a bit and it's sunny I'll post some up.

Archived