TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 10.500@138 ON 20" STOCK WHEELS

brn-gt500

Context. Again, he wasn't responding to the OP. Not sure how to make it any more clear.

Your wasting your breath. Drmustang reads whatever he wants into posts, then twists them to say what he wants them to say to try and make himself look intelligent. You could have a more intelligent conversation with a wall.

Is that so? The OPs thread starting post is a 5 liner, the first and second give the year and mileage of the car, lines 3,4 and 5 describes the cars mods. Pretty simple stuff. How could this gentleman be any more straight up and concise.

Uhhhh, YEAH! That's what I said.

You really need to go back and re-read the entire thread, comment after comment.

Then listen to the people telling you to sharpen up your reading comprehension skills...or lack thereof.

Phill

Hey Man, You don't have to justify anything to these morons. They are just jealous. Anyone who questions the status quo upsets the apple cart and throws their mindless little world into a tizzy. Great run Dude!

Ohhhhhhh, okay. Now I think I know who this is. You got banned once before under a different user nme and now you've come back as someone else.

Nothing to see here folks, move along. If this is who I think it is (and I'm pretty sure it is) he has a personal problem with me.

Phill

i used mickey thompson 305's,

you only go through 1st 2nd and 3rd down the 1/4 mile track since the car has the stock gears 3.31 very long or tall whatever you can call it.

didnt use launch control took the rpm to 3500. launch control works with traction control doesnt work well with traction on so u r better off running without traction control.

will be installing the 10% undrive pulley and cat delete and try to run 10.3 hopefully

FYI (10.5@138) is a record for 2013 gt500 with the mods on it on 20's.

note: i posted the run in the forum for mustangs owners to be proud of a gt500 with such simple mods run these numbers not to argue and comment on stupid things.

The run was FANTASTIC, as are the numbers. Your original post was VERY clear (at least to me, anyway).

Thanks very much for posting, and on the DR info.

That is one GREAT GT500!

Best.

Pat

That MPH is absolutely outstanding. Don't let some of these jirk offs on here bother you about your modifications. You were very clear about them in your first post. They have attitudes, probably very jealous of your abilities. Great job with your '13!

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

I didn't see any "jirk offs' bothering him about his mods.

Most of the "jirk offs" were actually asking intelligent questions about his mods.

Anyway, back to topic.

BRN-GT500, great video, great driving and awesome car.

Very nice run ! Heh seeing that I know now that I should...no I CAN launch on my 20's MT's.........Just need to get my act together ! I too fried my stock clutch, put a Mcloud RXT in as well. I have not been to the track since, but I have feeling when I do go, its going to be a different animal.

Very nice run ! Heh seeing that I know now that I should...no I CAN launch on my 20's MT's.........Just need to get my act together ! I too fried my stock clutch, put a Mcloud RXT in as well. I have not been to the track since, but I have feeling when I do go, its going to be a different animal.

weather is going to be good this coming week, I might go up wednesday (pbir)

you only go through 1st 2nd and 3rd down the 1/4 mile track since the car has the stock gears 3.31 very long or tall whatever you can call it.

didnt use launch control took the rpm to 3500. launch control works with traction control doesnt work well with traction on so u r better off running without traction control.

will be installing the 10% undrive pulley and cat delete and try to run 10.3 hopefully

note: i posted the run in the forum for mustangs owners to be proud of a gt500 with such simple mods run these numbers not to argue and comment on stupid things.

I am definitely proud of what Ford SVT has done with the GT500, and proud to own one. And you should be proud, too, for what you accomplished with only a few bolt ons -- and some outstanding driving. You deserve a lot of credit for not only demonstrating what the car is capable of, but for what you've been able to wring out of it with a minimum of mods. You've done us '13 GT500 owners proud. As I said in an earlier post, good job!

Rick

Did you have any issues with speedometer calibration? I checked and the stockG2's are 27.4" diameter and the MT or Nitto 305's are 28.58". Thanks again for the feedback.

Nice run.

Did you have any issues with speedometer calibration? I checked and the stockG2's are 27.4" diameter and the MT or Nitto 305's are 28.58". Thanks again for the feedback.

Nice run.

An inch in diameter would be noticeable on your speedo. He's in the Middle East (I believe, from his timeslip) and is using KPH so I can't even begin to guess what the difference would be from if memory serves me, one inch equals about 10% on the speedo. My truck/hauler is off by about 15% so when I'm doing 65 by the speedo, I'm actually doing just under 75 (or it's the other way around, I can't remember which).

I have a GPS on my windshield and I just put the screen on the MPH (and various other inputs) and go by that. My GT500 is another story, I have a Ford Racing Pro Cal tool that allows me to calibrate for tire dia. and gear ratio. I will shortly be getting a aftermarket tool (tuner) that will allow me to alter the engine redline and vehicle speed limiter too.

You can always do that if you're otherwise stock (right around 300 bucks at any retailer of auto accessories).

EDIT: For what it's worth, the dealer wants right around $150 per, every time they calibrate the speedo. Both my dealer and svt13's dealer gave us the same price. So just 'two times' and you've paid for the tool, plus you get much more than just a speedo recal (engine rev limit, vehicle speed limit, code reader, tuner (if you desire to retune your car), etc.).

Phill

An inch in diameter would be noticeable on your speedo. He's in the Middle East (I believe, from his timeslip) and is using KPH so I can't even begin to guess what the difference would be from if memory serves me, one inch equals about 10% on the speedo. My truck/hauler is off by about 15% so when I'm doing 65 by the speedo, I'm actually doing just under 75 (or it's the other way around, I can't remember which).

I have a GPS on my windshield and I just put the screen on the MPH (and various other inputs) and go by that. My GT500 is another story, I have a Ford Racing Pro Cal tool that allows me to calibrate for tire dia. and gear ratio. I will shortly be getting a aftermarket tool (tuner) that will allow me to alter the engine redline and vehicle speed limiter too.

You can always do that if you're otherwise stock (right around 300 bucks at any retailer of auto accessories).

EDIT: For what it's worth, the dealer wants right around $150 per, every time they calibrate the speedo. Both my dealer and svt13's dealer gave us the same price. So just 'two times' and you've paid for the tool, plus you get much more than just a speedo recal (engine rev limit, vehicle speed limit, code reader, tuner (if you desire to retune your car), etc.).

Phill

Hey Phill - Thanks for the reply. I do have the SCT X3 that I purchased with the Lund tune for my 65mm TB and JLT 127mm Intake. Is there an option in the SCT to modify for a different tire dia?

Archived