TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 10.500@138 ON 20" STOCK WHEELS

brn-gt500

I like how he says the car is bone stock except for the extra 100 hp an drag radials as if that makes hardly a difference lol

i clearly mentioned what the car has on it including the DR on 20" stock wheels. FYI it is a record because i dont see any 2013 gt500 with the mods i have on 20" wheels ran that number or trap. The 100hp your claiming absolutely makes a huge difference but still a record without headers, gears, upgraded sc, 15" slicks, skinnies etc.

thanks everyone for your comments i am very happy with the cars performance with such minor mods and offcourse great tune by Jon Lund.

i clearly mentioned what the car has on it including the DR on 20" stock wheels. FYI it is a record because i dont see any 2013 gt500 with the mods i have on 20" wheels ran that number or trap. The 100hp your claiming absolutely makes a huge difference but still a record without headers, gears, upgraded sc, 15" slicks, skinnies etc.

thanks everyone for your comments i am very happy with the cars performance with such minor mods and offcourse great tune by Jon Lund.

I know I was just teasing since you said bone stock but.....then mod list lol. It is very impressive. How was the track prep that you were able to hook it up that well? I keep seeing how these intakes,tb,tune combinations are making these cars crazy fast it is tempting me to not care about my warranty and go for it but I'm still worried on the street I'll just spin tires like crazy since I won't run drag radials it would be michelins PSS.

I know I was just teasing since you said bone stock but.....then mod list lol. It is very impressive. How was the track prep that you were able to hook it up that well? I keep seeing how these intakes,tb,tune combinations are making these cars crazy fast it is tempting me to not care about my warranty and go for it but I'm still worried on the street I'll just spin tires like crazy since I won't run drag radials it would be michelins PSS.

My Saleen Extreme came with Pirelli P-Zeros 295 / 35ZR/ 18 on the rear. (40,000 mile rated I believe) All I did is spin the tires when giving any more then just a touch of the gas pedal. Spun them bald in 10,000 miles trying to not spin them. So I bought some Nitto Drag Radials (10,000 mile rated tire because of the "R" compound being so soft) that were 305 / 35ZR / 18. Took it to the drag strip a few times and did burn outs in the burnout box. Have about 20 trips down the strip. Drove 20,000 more miles on them. The result, still have half the little bit of tread they came with left. On the street the tires never spun even coming away from a traffic light with a healthy dose of the gas pedal. My experience is that for the lower rated milage tires you end up getting way better milage and traction. A win win situation. Have not driven my GT500 yet, just sitting in the garage since November and will be untill sometime in 2014, but if I have a problem spinning tires, drag radials will be on the car toot sweet.

My Saleen Extreme came with Pirelli P-Zeros 295 / 35ZR/ 18 on the rear. (40,000 mile rated I believe) All I did is spin the tires when giving any more then just a touch of the gas pedal. Spun them bald in 10,000 miles trying to not spin them. So I bought some Nitto Drag Radials (10,000 mile rated tire because of the "R" compound being so soft) that were 305 / 35ZR / 18. Took it to the drag strip a few times and did burn outs in the burnout box. Have about 20 trips down the strip. Drove 20,000 more miles on them. The result, still have half the little bit of tread they came with left. On the street the tires never spun even coming away from a traffic with a healthy dose of the gas pedal. My experience is that for the lower rated milage tires you end up getting way better milage and traction. A win win situation. Have not driven my GT500 yet, just sitting in the garage since November and will be untill sometime in 2014, but if I have a problem spinning tires, drag radials will be on the car toot sweet.

Problem with R compound tires is that I can't drive them in the rain.

2013 GT500

500 MILES ON THE CAR

stock 20'' wheels with DR on them

everything on the car is bone stock other than (jlt filter, TB, and lund tune)

forgot to add burnt the stock clutch on the track therefore changed to mcleod clutch

Did you trip the lights in 3rd (as is SEEMS to show in the vid) or is that just the time delay because sound travels so much slower than light?

I hear you shift to 4th but way after the ET/MPH shows on the display.

If you tripped them in 3rd, it *sounds* like you had a lot more RPM left to red line.

NICE run. Great launch too. What was the 60' time? (I'll look at the time slip photo to see if I can see it).

Phill

I like how he says the car is bone stock except for the extra 100 hp an drag radials as if that makes hardly a difference lol

Normally, I would agree with you on this (one of MY pet peeves...."Dead stock with a blah blah blah blah blah mods") but if you read his post, he says "Everthing ON THE CAR is dead stock OTHER THAN (blah x 3)."

Key words; OTHER THAN....(also note; "Everything ON THE CAR...OTHER THAN").

Phill

Normally, I would agree with you on this (one of MY pet peeves...."Dead stock with a blah blah blah blah blah mods") but if you read his post, he says "Everthing ON THE CAR is dead stock OTHER THAN (blah x 3)."

Key words; OTHER THAN....(also note; "Everything ON THE CAR...OTHER THAN").

Phill

I know Phill but come on lets be honest drag radials and an extra 100 hp is FAR from stock lol. Now if he said bone stock except drag radials and like springs ok thats small stuff. If people want I can say oh my car is bone stock then list 20 mods. I could have a 1000hp car with stock suspension and be like hey I ran 10s on a BONE STOCK SUSPENSION but it means nothing as far as being stock because I have huge hp. But still that just goes to show you how impressive these cars are on a drag strip and how cheap it is to mod to get crazy power out of them and also how good a driver this guy is. Though my car under my ownership will probably never see a drag strip, rather take it to the road course so my thrill doesn't end in 10 seconds. Even so though this example is just crazy tempting me to call van and order all the go fast parts.

I want to see what this car can do with just drag radials and nothing else. Or a set of M/Ts. That I think would be interesting to see what just a tire change does for these cars.

But again to the OP that is some very impressive driving. You could put a whooping on ZR1s now.

2013 GT500

500 MILES ON THE CAR

stock 20'' wheels with DR on them

everything on the car is bone stock other than (jlt filter, TB, and lund tune)

forgot to add burnt the stock clutch on the track therefore changed to mcleod clutch

Awesome #'s congrats...damn good driving also.... :rockon:

thanks to all....

the mods on the car are mods that anyone can install at home, TB, filter, tune. For such a simple upgrade to run this number it is impressive specially on 20" wheels with DR. i didnt expect the gt500 to run like it is since it doesnt feel fast maybe because of the size and the gear ratios. i only shift 1st to 3rd trapping 138mph in the 1/4 mile.

As if anyone cares what your "pet peeves" are, LOL. You may want to take a reading course also Pal. Reread post #1 in this thread. Then OP is very forthcoming and concise about the cars modifications. Jeees, give the guy some slack, he can drive better than 99% of us here.

I think maybe you're the one who needs reading lessons.

Is that so? The OPs thread starting post is a 5 liner, the first and second give the year and mileage of the car, lines 3,4 and 5 describes the cars mods. Pretty simple stuff. How could this gentleman be any more straight up and concise. What are we missing here. Is there some hidden message or agenda for those who read between the lines?

Yes, that's so. What you're missing is that the post you quoted wasn't a response to the OP. It was a response to someone giving the OP crap about the way he listed the mods. Phill was, in fact, saying exactly what you are.

Archived