TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 KR on Craigslist

For the 2009 model year, 712 KR's were built. Only 4 colors were offered.

Here's the break down:

Silver = 278

Black = 236

Red = 110

Blue = 88

As for the asking price, I'd say he's $10k - $12k too high.

I agree that he's $10-$12K too high, and possibly (unfortunately) even more. A black KR just sold no reserve on eBay several weeks ago for just over $45K. These (black ones) were at $50K a year ago and they haven't gone up 20% in value in that time. Even if he's giving himself room to negotiate down by several thousand dollars, he's still over the market. That said, I'd love to see him get what he wants...rising tide floats all boats you know.

Hello just joined Team Shelby and I really like this site. I have had a 69 350 and a 07 GT500 I just purchased a 08 GT500KR silve with blue stripes 500 miles navigation system paid for what I think was a fair price I have seen them selling from the low 50's to mid 60;s depending on options miles and documents that come with it .This is the the car I have wanted since I saw one at a Ford dealer but could not afford it at that time .This is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned and will not be getting rid of it :salute:

Welcome to team Shelby FCCOBRAJET, and congrats on your new acquisition! I know the feeling; your story is a bit like mine. I also had an '07 GT500 that I really liked but wanted a KR, and waited until the prices came down to a more reasonable level for me. Please post some pics when you have a chance.

Hello just joined Team Shelby and I really like this site. I have had a 69 350 and a 07 GT500 I just purchased a 08 GT500KR silve with blue stripes 500 miles navigation system paid for what I think was a fair price I have seen them selling from the low 50's to mid 60;s depending on options miles and documents that come with it .This is the the car I have wanted since I saw one at a Ford dealer but could not afford it at that time .This is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned and will not be getting rid of it :salute:

Welcome aboard FCCJ,

Great folks here with tons of reliable info.

I'd like to see pix of your '69. They are so uniquely Shelby (69 & 70), with their front and rear end styling.

Keep an eye on your local region for upcoming events.

Happy Motoring,

Tom

....and you got the best color too... B)

Thanks for the welcome from the team. I will try to find the pictures of the 69 shelby I sold it and traded a 69 MACH 1 428 SCJ to build me and my wife's house.The stable is full with 5 vehicles a 1993 triple black Mustang G T convertable 1969 Mach1 red 428 r code restored to driver 2003 red MACH1 lowe miles 2007 GT 500 red white stripes low mileage and the newley aquired 2008 GT500KR with 574 miles silver with blue stripes 08KR0617 .I have to sell the 2007 GT500 that is the deal I made wiyh my wife to get the 08 . I have had so many classic cars that I had to get rid of for one reason or another.but the 69 Shelby I miss the most but you can't keep them all but I will be keeping the KR.

Welcome Jet: My friend has a '69 Mach 1 with the 351. Beautiful car.

You will find the KR is a special car. The suspension is near perfect and it was at least 3-4 years ahead of it's time rivaling the '012 GT500's in performance. With only 1600 copies made and the last of the pretitle Shelbys I think they are a keeper.

Enjoy.

P.S. Shelby Bash in June at Summit Point and rally to Carlisle. You may want to check it out.

Welcome to the Jungle and, what a GREAT car.

Until the '13 came out, the KR (either year but preferably a '09) was my 2nd choice behind my 2010. If the price wasn't so high for the KR when I was buying my '10, I might well be driving a Sliver/blue KR today.

The Roush 427R was in the running too to but after educating myself more (than when I was buying) I'm glad I didn't get the Roush. NICE looking car, just not "as much" car (engine, trans) as the Shelby is.

At the time, the KR's were equal in power (540HP) to the 2010's but I like to fiddle and I'm kind of a 'purist' so doing what I did to my '10 wouldn't likely have happened to a KR (at least, not be ME)!

Again, welcome to Team Shelby. Do yourself a favor and join the Team Shelby Club, at least for one year (to give you a idea what you get). The value of the swag is easily worth the price of a membership. And watch out for the personalities and egos. Some folks around her forget to check their attitude at the door.

Phill

Welcom FC. I am in the process of purchasing an 08 KR myself, your story could be mine. As Tom Said, check out your region. Team Shelby has a great goody package but its the comradere with Shelby owners thats the best part.

Welcome

Looking at the car in question, I think hes a bit high but not on the rediculous side. It all depends how quickly you want or need to move the car. The market is not good but that goes with the economy

Archived