TEAM SHELBY FORUM

greetings from ireland!!

hey all just thought id sign up to this forum! my names simon,im 29 and live in a village just outside belfast in northern ireland. ive always loved american cars but there hard to get over here cos there not offically sold so have to be privately imported. so last year i bought a 05 saleen mustang in silver and absolutely loved it!!but got a good deal on a new shelby mustang gt500 last month so took it....white with blue stripes....should be ready to lift at the docks next week so cant wait to get it!!!will be the only one in the country!!

negatives......costing me flippin $94000 with import taxes and gas is sitting at $9 per gallon!! ah well...nice to look at even if i cant afford to drive it!!lol!!

anyway got a couple of questions....what sort oil do i use and how much does it hold and do you guys recommend doing a 1000 mile service???

sorry for the boring questions...went to my local ford dealership today but they couldnt help as they had never seen a mustang never mind sold one!!

will post up pics when she arrives but for now heres a couple of pics of my 66 gt350 hertz clone just for a bit of eye candy!!!!

thnaks for reading

simon

post-8708-1178034339_thumb.jpg

post-8708-1178034361_thumb.jpg

hey all just thought id sign up to this forum! my names simon,im 29 and live in a village just outside belfast in northern ireland. ive always loved american cars but there hard to get over here cos there not offically sold so have to be privately imported. so last year i bought a 05 saleen mustang in silver and absolutely loved it!!but got a good deal on a new shelby mustang gt500 last month so took it....white with blue stripes....should be ready to lift at the docks next week so cant wait to get it!!!will be the only one in the country!!

negatives......costing me flippin $94000 with import taxes and gas is sitting at $9 per gallon!! ah well...nice to look at even if i cant afford to drive it!!lol!!

anyway got a couple of questions....what sort oil do i use and how much does it hold and do you guys recommend doing a 1000 mile service???

sorry for the boring questions...went to my local ford dealership today but they couldnt help as they had never seen a mustang never mind sold one!!

will post up pics when she arrives but for now heres a couple of pics of my 66 gt350 hertz clone just for a bit of eye candy!!!!

thnaks for reading

simon

Welcome,

that is a awesome car.

thnaks for reading

simon

Welcome Simon

Great to have you on board

Great looking car

I think you made a fine color choice on you GT500

White with blue stripes is the fastest color you know

Welcome irish boy

I know you will enjoy your new GT500 as well as this website. Post pictures once you get it, and pictures from the dock of the car being unloaded would be cool to see.

I raise a pint of G in your honor Sir. :beerchug: Welcome. "May the wind always be at your back, and the warm sun always on your face."

Oil Capisity: 6.5 QUARTS. You do the conversion over to Pints. And for goodness sake, don't drink it just because it's a pint of something. :hysterical:

1,000 Mile service? Not going to hurt, but really not necessary. It would only be an oil change anyway. The oil discussion here is all over the place. The factory indicates that the oil should be SAE 5W30 full Synthetic. I believe that someone else posted that Castrol sells a 5/30 full Synthetic in Europe, so you should not have a problem securing some.

$9.00 a gallon? Were not there yet, but we might be half way to it by this Summer, so don't feel too bad.

Again, welcome to our little corner of crazy here.

Welcome to the Forum. You have a beautiful 66 Mustang, but you will like your GT500 better. :hysterical2:

Greetz from the only Dutch Grabber Orange GT500. It is funny everybody stares at me on the highways. Have a good look, because it is maybe the only time you will see a GT500. You will experience the same thing.

I rase a pint of G in your honor Sir. :beerchug: Welcome. "May the wind always be at your back, and the warm sun on your face."

Oil Capisity: 6.5 QUARTS. You do the conversion over to Pints. And for goodness sake, don't drink it just because it a pint of something. :hysterical:

1,000 Mile service? Not going to hurt, but really not necessary. It would only be an oil change anyway. The oil discussion here is all over the place. The factory indicates that the oil should be SAE 5W30 full Synthetic. I believe that someone else posted that Castrol sells a 5/30 full Synthetic in Europe, so you should not have a problem securing some.

$9.00 a gallon? Were not there yet, but we might be half way to it by this Summer, so don't feel too bad.

Should use 5W50 full synthetic instead of 5W30 full synthetic., Sure it was a typeO, LOL

Should use 5W50 full synthetic instead of 5W30 full synthetic., Sure it was a typeO, LOL

Sheeeit, good catch! Sorry about that! 5W50!!!!!

I raise a pint of G in your honor Sir. :beerchug: Welcome. "May the wind always be at your back, and the warm sun always on your face."

Oil Capisity: 6.5 QUARTS. You do the conversion over to Pints. And for goodness sake, don't drink it just because it's a pint of something. :hysterical:

Thats 5W-50 full synthetic not 5W- 30

thnaks for reading

simon

Welcome irish. Love your country, I hope you don't mind but I prefer Kilkinney

thnaks for reading

simon

WOW you got some nice eye candy Simon.

WOW you got some nice eye candy Simon.

Hey Simon

Great to have someone over the pond with the greatest car on the road!! You will be the envy of the whole country. I live in california and love your country and Scotland as I design golf courses. Your part of the world is the holy grail for me and hope to be there again soon. I have a friend I grew up with in the 60's and 70's that now lives in Westport. Is that near you?

Welcome

ShelbySteve

Welcome aboard Simon! Great to have you with us!

Your '66 just looks great. This must be really special to be the only one to own a car like that in the whole country!

Congratulations and please, post some nice pics!

Welcome Simon ,visited Ireland a few years ago great place nice people. Where will you drive your new Shelby not so sure you have many straight away roads but for sure this car will handle them, you won`t be disappointed

thanks for all the replies guys!!seems a few of you have visited here.......make sure you let me know if tour coming again and i'll make sure im free to show you around and some sights us car enthusiasts would appreciate rather than the usual touriste traps!!

and i'll buy you a guinness!!!! :headspin:

looking forward to both getting my car and being part of this forum!!

simon

You will love the GT500 it is the best Mustang yet. Great color choice, White with Blue stripes was on my short list when I order my GT500, but ended up with the Tungstan color and Satin silver stripes, went with the Eleanor look. Have fun with her and post some pictures

Archived