TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3.73's anybody???

melford

Got my done....the pull in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, is brutal... Still launches and hooks up well if the tires and road are at the right temp. I love it plus the gear is better on the clutch. I used FRPP 3.73s...

It will make your speedo off... Ford can't correct it... Only an aftermarket tuner can.

Got my done....the pull in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, is brutal... Still launches and hooks up well if the tires and road are at the right temp. I love it plus the gear is better on the clutch. I used FRPP 3.73s...

It will make your speedo off... Ford can't correct it... Only an aftermarket tuner can.

I agree think this is exactly what this car needs IMO...I found 3rd and 4th gear pull lagged a bit with the the 3:31's..and like you say is way easier

on the clutch in 1st.

Thanks for weighing in. Any regrets going 3.73 instead of 3.55? Top speed is inconsequential to me (speed limited 'vert- and I live in America...how often am I really going to hit 155?), I just want to best balance between pull and "cruisablity".

I love the clutch saving aspect of the gear change, great point!

Archived