TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Introduces Mustang Stampede Special Edition

robertlane

• 1 month later...
Nice Car!!

Looking forward to your site being active.

This is my son’s car # 201.

He didn’t like the Stampede stripe, so we had the dealer take it off.

I know it kind of defeats the purpose, but it just happened to be the only

black Pony Package they had on the lot. I didn’t have the opportunity or time to hunt down another one.

2.jpg

3.jpg

It may have cost a couple of $100.00 more, but it was a one stop $2000.00 rebate weekend plus $200.00 under dealer invoice.

He’s happy, I’m happy.

Come on by and see us. The Registry is online now and we have cars 448, 235, 351 (me) and have found 038 on e-bay yesterday. I know that 360 was sold from Texan Ford in June right after I bought mine. We'd love to have 201 join the list. We also found one in Tyler the weekend of October 27-28th but it had just sold when we called.... We were hoping to put two in our driveway.

So yeah, come on by and let us know where and how you found your Stampede, what state you're in, what color your exterior and interior is and any extra options you have. Any pictures you have would be great!!

If you need the link: http://stampedemustangregistry.com

• 2 months later...

There was one of the Stampede editions at the Dallas Auto Show, I snapped a few pics of it. I agree that it's not that impressive, it's basically a V6 Pony Package with some stripes, custom badging and a chrome exhaust tip. Sorry the pics aren't very clear, my camera isn't too hot indoors. There is a plaque in the center of the dash with the edition number (x of 500) and a special medallion (the pseudo gas cap piece) on the trunk lid replacing the standard running pony.

post-3323-1145750893_thumb.jpgpost-3323-1145750868_thumb.jpgpost-3323-1145750908_thumb.jpg

Do you happen to remember what number that was on the badge? I can't make it out.

2006 Stampede Edition Mustang - Additional Information

As with other regional specials, such as the Twister, the badging was included in the interior of the vehicle along with a letter that identified the vehicle and the regional program. The letter also gave instructions on how to install the badging which was done after the vehicles reached the dealerships. This is why you found un-badged Stampedes so early into the program.

The released article did say spinners but this was an error as no spinners were included. Also it said chrome "tips" where it should have only indicated tip - singular - for the V6.

I bought my Stampede in June of 2006 and when it was time to buy our 2007 Mustang (Pony Pkg) we quickly realized how much we got for our money. When we tried to find a similarly equipped vehicle with the same options the price easily exceeded my Stampede by several thousands. We also noted that the vehicles do not drive or handle the same. The Stampede is tighter and feels heavier, more in control. :shift:

Not all Mustang Special Editions have to have performance upgrades out the tailpipe... and maybe there is a need to encourage sales of the V6... But I owned a GT with 260 horses and this 4.0 is pulling 210 stock. That isn't bad and I saved thousands that can be put into mods if I want or into other projects as I see fit. I'm a 40 year old woman... Who the heck am I going to race anyway? :hysterical2:

=================

My Stampede...

post-6154-1168756671_thumb.jpg

post-6154-1168756671_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
How about me? :shift:

As tempting as that sounds Ruf, I'm not much for having my little tail handed to me. :) I've seen your car... from the pics of it coming off the truck up to now... and it is a beauty. The side stripe is hot. I liked the Roc&Rol tag better than RufStang but RufStang fits the car. Rock on!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I own #161... Tungsten Gray with silver stripes. Do you guys know if there's a registry or anything for these cars? I'd like to see how many of them are still out there.

Old thread but sounds like you have just found something to do this winter - start a registry. No, I don't know of one, but check with the Mustang Club of America. Or, like everything else, Google it to see.....

Archived