TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Introduces Mustang Stampede Special Edition

robertlane

There was one of the Stampede editions at the Dallas Auto Show, I snapped a few pics of it. I agree that it's not that impressive, it's basically a V6 Pony Package with some stripes, custom badging and a chrome exhaust tip. Sorry the pics aren't very clear, my camera isn't too hot indoors. There is a plaque in the center of the dash with the edition number (x of 500) and a special medallion (the pseudo gas cap piece) on the trunk lid replacing the standard running pony.

post-3323-1145750893_thumb.jpgpost-3323-1145750868_thumb.jpgpost-3323-1145750908_thumb.jpg

post-3323-1145750868_thumb.jpg

post-3323-1145750893_thumb.jpg

post-3323-1145750908_thumb.jpg

There was one of the Stampede editions at the Dallas Auto Show, I snapped a few pics of it. I agree that it's not that impressive, it's basically a V6 Pony Package with some stripes, custom badging and a chrome exhaust tip. Sorry the pics aren't very clear, my camera isn't too hot indoors. There is a plaque in the center of the dash with the edition number (x of 500) and a special medallion (the pseudo gas cap piece) on the trunk lid replacing the standard running pony.

P1010017.JPGP1010016.JPGP1010018.JPG

Thanks for posting the pictures! The one in the article is really blurrryyyyyyyy.

I just stopped by a dealership near me to see if they had a stampede edition. Sure enough, they did. It was tungsten with satin silver stripes. It clearly stated on the window sticker "stampede edition". It was a $1995 option that included IUP and Pony pack; however, it did not have a number plate on the dash nor did I see special badging. I couldn't remember what all the package was supposed to include but I'm going back tomorrow with my camera to get pics and see if it had the chrome exhaust tips and stampede edition gas cap. I opened the trunk and I don't remember seeing stampede edition on the gas cap. Basically, it was a V6 pony with stripes. It definitely didn't have the chrome wheel spinners and there was not the number plate I so desperately wanted to see. Robert, do you have any idea why all of these things would be missing from this car. It was very disappointing to see the option and the price on the sticker but all the goodies with the exception of stripes missing. I'll let you guys know more after I go back tomorrow.

Here's the pics I snapped today. The window sticker shows the stampede edition option at $1995. One pic is of the gas cap, which does not say stampede edition, another is a pic of the wheels without the chrome spinners that should be there. In another pic you can see that it does have the chrome exhaust tip, and the dash shots show that there is no engraved number plate. :shrug: I also tried to get some decent shots of the stripes.

post-149-1145839608_thumb.jpg

post-149-1145840541_thumb.jpg

post-149-1145840866_thumb.jpg

post-149-1145841830_thumb.jpg

post-149-1145839608_thumb.jpg

post-149-1145840541_thumb.jpg

post-149-1145840866_thumb.jpg

post-149-1145841830_thumb.jpg

It's definitely limited edition, but I'm just not impressed. It's just a V6 with stripes that don't even extend to the bumpers and some badging. If it was a V8 with a good stripe job and wasn't much price increase, I would consider it.

The Stampede Package includes the otherwise optional Interior Upgrade Package ($460 as a stand-alone option). Our dealership does striping just like this car for $795 ($995 if you go down over the bumpers, as well). So, that works out to a $740 gas cap - ouch! There must be more to this package than that for $1995. On a side note, the Stampede Package must be a regional package as it is not available for us to order here in the NW.

No problem Robert. I'm trying to find more close to home to see if they have the missing options(engraved number plate, stampede gas cap, chrome spinners, etc.). Yes Five Oh B the Stampede Edition is only available in OK and TX. It has the pony package included in the price which is normally an $1195 option, interior upgrade which is $460 and the stripes. It was supposed to have engraved number plate and be one of only 500 built. This one was missing the number plate and some other options we were told would be on the stampede. :shrug:

No problem Robert. I'm trying to find more close to home to see if they have the missing options(engraved number plate, stampede gas cap, chrome spinners, etc.). Yes Five Oh B the Stampede Edition is only available in OK and TX. It has the pony package included in the price which is normally an $1195 option, interior upgrade which is $460 and the stripes. It was supposed to have engraved number plate and be one of only 500 built. This one was missing the number plate and some other options we were told would be on the stampede. :shrug:

Ahhh, the Pony Package is listed as a no charge item with the Stampede Package. That makes the package quite a bargain, then, even without the number plate.........

$1195 = Pony Package

$ 460 = IUP

$ 795 = Aftermarket stripes

---------------------------------------------------

$2450, but only $1995 on the Stampede Pkg

Thanks for posting the pictures! The one in the article is really blurrryyyyyyyy.

No problem! Sorry mine were a little blurry too, I really need to invest in a better camera some day!

It definitely didn't have the chrome wheel spinners and there was not the number plate I so desperately wanted to see. Robert, do you have any idea why all of these things would be missing from this car. It was very disappointing to see the option and the price on the sticker but all the goodies with the exception of stripes missing. I'll let you guys know more after I go back tomorrow.

That's very strange! I don't think the one I saw at the show was a prototype, I wonder why the badging was missing on the one you took pics of. Here is a picture of one that someone bought that also does have the dash badge (not sure about the trunk badge):

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select3796.htm

Here's more. I found three cars that had the proper number plate on the dash and the stampede edition gas cap. The redfire car is beautiful and they are offering a killer deal on it. I'm actually tempted to buy it instead of the GT500. I know it sounds crazy but I have a 1965 Fastback that I've owned since I was 14 that's been sitting needing finished for years. My wifes never even gotten to ride in it. We was out cleaning out the garage today making room for the GT500 when it arrives and as I was working I kept looking at the '65 and thinking that for the more than $20000 difference between the deal they are offering for the stampede edition, I could finish the '65 and put in a a 427 stroker and have the best of both worlds. Get the new generation Mustang that I love and still have a high performance car in the '65 Fastback. BTW, the motor I want for the '65 puts out over 500 horsepower without a blower. In a car that light, I should be able to more than keep up with a shelby. I've got more stampede pics I'll post. One of them is kinda funny. It's just a picture of a tungsten fender on a stampede v6 I was looking at but the passenger fender had a GT emblem on it. Somebody goofed. I found it funny so I just had to get a pic of it.

Wow a V6 with stripes and a special plaque on the dash. Nice to see Ford is coming out with such great SE, guess I better trade in the GT. Looks like Hertz is the only ones getting a decent SE, better suspension and a bit more power, that's what I call a SE.

• 3 weeks later...

I kept looking at the '65 and thinking that for the more than $20000 difference between the deal they are offering for the stampede edition, I could finish the '65 and put in a a 427 stroker and have the best of both worlds.

I say rock on with that idea!! I have a V6 vert and I love it. It's my daily driver. I am a big motorcycle nut and have some pretty quick rides including a turbocharged Buell that'll curl your toes. At 6 bucks a gallon for racing fuel on the Buell, my Mustang is actually cheaper to drive :wacko: I like having the Mustang for fun cruising/ daily driving and the motorcycles for ripping up the roads when the urge strikes. I think you'd have a lot more fun with a sixxer and a built up vintage stang than with only the Shelby, it would be too stressful always worrying about where to park the Shelby and whether something is going to fall on it in the garage!

Not a bad looking car as long as they leave spinners off... but i'm no fan of a v6 in am ustang, now I will admitt the th s-197 v6's have some balls at 225

( 225 I think) horses. Same as a 5.0 but If I was ganna get something with those numbers it would be the 5.0. I hate the depleted fog lights on the v6's CANT STAND IT! Thanks for all the searching and pictures!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the pics I snapped today. The window sticker shows the stampede edition option at $1995. One pic is of the gas cap, which does not say stampede edition, another is a pic of the wheels without the chrome spinners that should be there. In another pic you can see that it does have the chrome exhaust tip, and the dash shots show that there is no engraved number plate. :shrug: I also tried to get some decent shots of the stripes.

California has the same Mustang for sale badged as a "Southern California Special" supposedly 600 produced with the same $1995 option, except noted as California Limited Edition on the window sticker instead of Stampede Edition. It is a little more than a V-6 pony package, it does come equipped with the same suspension as the GT including both front and rear sway bars and stiffer shocks. The dealers in the LA area are promoting it as a collectors edition,,,,we will have to wait and see how many actually sell.

• 2 weeks later...

I have #351. It has all but the Chrome Spinners which I intend to ask them about. I did get the pony center caps but the sticker did say spinners so... :rant: If you pay for something you should get it you know?... :rant: Other than that everything was true to the paperwork.

This one is Blue Vista Metallic.

blaze351_logo%20copy%20(Medium).jpg

Here is a picture of the front-end valance for Rock-On!:

DSC_7811%20(Small).JPG

I've started a Stampede Registy. I just bought the domain name today: http://stampederegistry.com so if the link isn't working yet you'll find it here 2006 Stampede Edition Registry

Nice to meet all ya'll!!

Reba

2006 Stampede Edition Mustang #351, "Trinity"

Trinity's Website

• 1 month later...

Horrible stripe job, not impressed. Where is the real special edition, no more of this badge engineering crap. Boss, Mach 1, Bullit, anything real please. Even the "Shelby" is just a badged car. It is a cobra that never even goes through Shelby's plant. WTF, can we get a real special edition?

I've started a Stampede Registy. I just bought the domain name today: http://stampederegistry.com so if the link isn't working yet you'll find it here 2006 Stampede Edition Registry

Nice to meet all ya'll!!

Reba

Nice Car!!

Looking forward to your site being active.

This is my son’s car # 201.

He didn’t like the Stampede stripe, so we had the dealer take it off.

I know it kind of defeats the purpose, but it just happened to be the only

black Pony Package they had on the lot. I didn’t have the opportunity or time to hunt down another one.

2.jpg

3.jpg

It may have cost a couple of $100.00 more, but it was a one stop $2000.00 rebate weekend plus $200.00 under dealer invoice.

He’s happy, I’m happy.

Archived