What would you like used for the Super Snake Side Lettering

Super Snake Side Lettering  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see used for the Super Snake Side Lettering

• SUPER SNAKE spelled out just like the photo shows on the Red Car
    • GT500SS
    • GT500SSS
    • GT500S/S
    • Small lettering used above & below the current GT500 lettering that says "Super" on top & "Snake" below the GT500
    • None of the Above (look at my suggestion in my posting below)

Yup. That or small lettering above & below got my vote:

GT500 SS like this the best

Super

GT500 not too shabby...if "Super"and "Snake" were in the stripe itself...

Snake

When I originally posted Super on top and Snake on the bottom, this is what I was trying to convey.

ss.bmp

ss.bmp

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First choice would be to just leave it like it is GT500 and top stripes the same as oem . Just use the SS badging around the cobra to denote the SS model both on the sides and grill.

2nd choice would be GT500 SS and over the top stripe the same as original.

Not a big fan of the three stripes over the top. (less is more )

(Black Shelby)On another note just think of the time and possible problems removing and changing stripes could cause.(shelby could pump them out a ton faster without changing the stripes I (it seems most people like the stripes on the car already anyway) for sure that mod would have to take the most time it would also keep the cost down some which might not be a issue but it would! just think of the labor/timeit would take to do this.)

No stripe change with just a emblem or just or gt500ss change on the fenders would save all time, potenial headaches and again the time frame/cost for this upgrade would be reduced.

A big hold up by Ford was the stripes on these cars.

+1 on this also ....would make the work much easier and without the risk to the paint .......could prevent some big problems...

(GT500)I for one so not like the Super Snake lettering on the side stripes.

Apparentely, "Super Snake" will be attached on either quarter panel with the existing Cobra Snake (see attachment)

Why write Super Snake again on the side stripes just below this ?

+1 also

post-54-1178047398_thumb.jpg

post-54-1178047398_thumb.jpg

I for one so not like the Super Snake lettering on the side stripes.

Apparentely, "Super Snake" will be attached on either quarter panel with the existing Cobra Snake (see attachment)

Why write Super Snake again on the side stripes just below this ?

I agree just have the GT500SS on the side stripe with a cobra emblem on the front fenders and grill...now I think there should be some kind of different gas cap with super snake on it

I agree just have the GT500SS on the side stripe with a cobra emblem on the front fenders and grill...now I think there should be some kind of different gas cap with super snake on it

Well, this is just a discussion on the striping. The badging, in my opinion, should all indicate SuperSnake, inside and out. Just my opinion...

SS or S/S or any other form of S's added to the "GT500" in the tape stripe or on the car is too close to GM's Camaro, Chevelle etc.... its a Chevy thing... Don't go there!

First choice would be to go with the add'l badging along side the present snakes on the fenders and grill. Keep it small and discrete... those that need to know will and those that don't will soon find out what under the hood.

Or drop the GT500 and spell out Super Snake with the "S" being stylized into Snakes... a bit more flash for the cash spent to build one.

I assume that the addition of the stripes under the SS package can be optional. I ordered my car with stripe delete mainly because I am not a fan of the taping material used, perferring painted on with an eye toward long term durability. Nevertheless, I do like the idea of using the 1967 GT500 as the model to follow with the exception the I would go with what Amy said could be done, which is use the badging on the fenders with the snake and the words GT500 and Super Snake flanking the same, and then the 40th badge on the grill. I believe that the hood, scoops and re-set SHELBY lettering both front and back is more than enough of a statement. Understated is much classier in my opinion. My $.02.

Well, this is just a discussion on the striping. The badging, in my opinion, should all indicate SuperSnake, inside and out. Just my opinion...

I'm with you Crispy, its subtle enough with just the badging. Also, the more I think about it, the GM guys will ride us for using the SS logos.

What about adding Super Snake around the rear faux gas cap ring in place of the Ford one now???

KingCobra.

Now that is something that would be cool.

I'm starting to lean towards the sleeper look where they leave the side stripes alone.

SS would seem like an obvious choice, except for the fact that GM uses it already. Taking that into consideration, going with the badge only would be the best option in my opinion.

I voted GT500SS for number of reasons. First, the difference is subtle enough to go right over the head of most people. It's not too long. If GM doesn't own the copyright and SAI can legally use it, it will definitely get under the skin of the Camaro/Chevelle/Corvette group. And of course, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... is what a snake says.

To me, "GT500" needs to be in the stripe cuz you can't have a Super Snake without it being a GT500. It's a GT500 first and foremost but taken up another level. That said, I like the "Super Snake" in the protype picture the least. I hope it gets changed. "GT500SS" works for me (I think it would be great if the Ford SS stole some of the GM SS aura)

I still like the badge idea most, SuperSnake on badge with cobra, but what will denote the difference between the 600 vs the 725+ hp something in the badge? . What would be the use of paying more for the higher hp if it looks the same as the other, should'nt there be something visually different, even if it is low profile like in the badge? I think that would be a nice touch. :shift:

I still like the badge idea most, SuperSnake on badge with cobra, but what will denote the difference between the 600 vs the 725+ hp something in the badge? . What would be the use of paying more for the higher hp if it looks the same as the other, should'nt there be something visually different, even if it is low profile like in the badge? I think that would be a nice touch. :shift:

I agree. There should be something that denotes the HP difference. Nothing austentacious but the side fender badge seems to be the logical place. On the right of the Cobra put GT500SS, on the left put Super Snake, and below the Cobra incorporate a small rectangular block with either 600 or 725+. I don't know what the price difference is going to be between the two options but if I decide to pay the extra money, it seems that someone other than myself and SAI registry should know what is really sitting next to them at some signal light. :speedie:

I agree. There should be something that denotes the HP difference. Nothing austentacious but the side fender badge seems to be the logical place. On the right of the Cobra put GT500SS, on the left put Super Snake, and below the Cobra incorporate a small rectangular block with either 600 or 725+. I don't know what the price difference is going to be between the two options but if I decide to pay the extra money, it seems that someone other than myself and SAI registry should know what is really sitting next to them at some signal light. :speedie:

That is of course except a black and white! :sos:

That is of course with the exception of a black and white! :hysterical2:

I like Badges, plus the 3-stripe treatment over the hood, roof, rear are enough, and have historic significance. And of course, interior denotations as well. Leave GT500 on the rocker panels. If the person in the lane next to you doesn't know the difference, they will soon enough!

I like Badges, plus the 3-stripe treatment over the hood, roof, rear are enough, and have historic significance. And of course, interior denotations as well. Leave GT500 on the rocker panels. If the person in the lane next to you doesn't know the difference, they will soon enough!

I agree on the leaving side stripes as is but I'm having a real hard time liking the three over the top stripes, just too gaudy for my taste. Maybe they will grow on me but .........why should that have to happen ? I guess I'll have to see what it will look like in Vista blue with white stripes. I do understand why they chose to do it that way.....

Here are my suggestion:

superSgt500

or

superS500

The S is the cobra snake. The cobra snake gives unique symbol to SAI. The cobra is Carroll Shelby

SS is out of the question. Leave the 'Super Snake' words or keep the 'GT500' name with a dedicated 'Super Snake' badge on the fenders and trunk (and dashboard)!! A nice idea for the badge would be the words on each side of the Cobra symbol. 'Super - (Cobra symbol) - Snake'

Archived