What would you like used for the Super Snake Side Lettering

Super Snake Side Lettering  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see used for the Super Snake Side Lettering

• SUPER SNAKE spelled out just like the photo shows on the Red Car
    • GT500SS
    • GT500SSS
    • GT500S/S
    • Small lettering used above & below the current GT500 lettering that says "Super" on top & "Snake" below the GT500
    • None of the Above (look at my suggestion in my posting below)

Since this SIDE LETTERING seems to be an issue/concern, I made this poll for us to give SAI more input on what we would like to see. You can vote for more than one if you like. All I ask is for you to post your comments in a post as to WHY you like it a certain way over others.

Thanks & play nice now :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since this SIDE LETTERING seems to be an issue/concern, I made this poll for us to give SAI more input on what we would like to see. You can vote for more than one if you like. All I ask is for you to post your comments in a post as to WHY you like it a certain way over others.

Thanks & play nice now :)

I voted gt500ss thats my top choice

I actually like all the choices you gave(would be ok with most of them) expect the super snake like in the picture

Not a big fan of the big super snake by itself on the bottom(just doesnt look good)

I think just keep the stock GT500 and add other features like the narrow-wide-narrow top stripe and the side emblems that say Super Snake. I am not particularily fond of the "Super Snake" lettering on the side. If I am not mistaken, the original '67 Super snake was done that way. If they are going to resurrect an iconic name like "Super Snake" and use the top stripe variation from the original '67, than the side stripe should match the original as well.

I think just keep the stock GT500 and add other features like the narrow-wide-narrow top stripe and the side emblems that say Super Snake. I am not particularily fond of the "Super Snake" lettering on the side.

I agree with that I would also like to see the stock stripes stay(leave them as is) just add the ss

or just a emblem that says super snake Still would be very noticable(super snake)

GT500SS. Because to me, less is more.

67_500_544_Zl.JPG

Here is a pic of the one and only original '67

I vote to keep the strips as close to the original '67 as possible. Three strips over the top and GT500 on the sides. Badges to say Super Snake.

It might look something like this... The type style is Eurostile Bold. In the old days, (1960s) the Shelby lettering was always done in Microgama Bold, (Brock Yates favorite typestyle)

Nice work on the attachment. Maybe you could PM it to Amy too.

I think just keep the stock GT500 and add other features like the narrow-wide-narrow top stripe and the side emblems that say Super Snake. I am not particularily fond of the "Super Snake" lettering on the side. If I am not mistaken, the original '67 Super snake was done that way. If they are going to resurrect an iconic name like "Super Snake" and use the top stripe variation from the original '67, than the side stripe should match the original as well.

On another note just think of the time and possible problems removing and changing stripes could cause.(shelby could pump them out a ton faster without changing the stripes I (it seems most people like the stripes on the car already anyway) for sure that mod would have to take the most time it would also keep the cost down some which might not be a issue but it would! just think of the labor/timeit would take to do this.)

No stripe change with just a emblem or just or gt500ss change on the fenders would save all time, potenial headaches and again the time frame/cost for this upgrade would be reduced.

A big hold up by Ford was the stripes on these cars.

It might look something like this... The type style is Eurostile Bold. In the old days, (1960s) the Shelby lettering was always done in Microgama Bold, (Brock Yates favorite typestyle)

I like the last one

I do like the GT 500 SS but it just reminds me of a GM product :finger:

Actually, what I like best was not an option....

for striping, just leave GT500 on the side. Use Super Snake badges and Super Snake stripes on the hood, roof, & rear.

Understated, historic, and just different enough to set it apart...

:banghead: Actually that did cross my mind too, I like that idea better. Just SuperSnake badges, DO NOT CHANGE THE STRIPE! :redcard:

for striping, just leave GT500 on the side. Use Super Snake badges and Super Snake stripes on the hood, roof, & rear.

Yeah, I liked that idea too. where were you when I needed you :superhero:

:banghead: Actually that did cross my mind too, I like that idea better. Just SuperSnake badges, DO NOT CHANGE THE STRIPE! :redcard:

Not changing ANY of the stripes would help those of us with the "Red Stripe Appearance Package" maintain the uniqueness of the limited package.

Question, Can anyone tell me if the special Shelby badging (40th, KR & SS) is applied as 2 seperate semi-rectangular pieces that "Bookend" the original cobra that comes on the sides & grill of the GT500?...If so, I change my vote to "No Stripe Changes At All, Add Badging Only"

I vote to keep the strips as close to the original '67 as possible. Three strips over the top and GT500 on the sides. Badges to say Super Snake.

I for one so not like the Super Snake lettering on the side stripes.

Apparentely, "Super Snake" will be attached on either quarter panel with the existing Cobra Snake (see attachment)

Why write Super Snake again on the side stripes just below this ?

Not changing ANY of the stripes would help those of us with the "Red Stripe Appearance Package" maintain the uniqueness of the limited package.

Question, Can anyone tell me if the special Shelby badging (40th, KR & SS) is applied as 2 seperate semi-rectangular pieces that "Bookend" the original cobra that comes on the sides & grill of the GT500?...If so, I change my vote to "No Stripe Changes At All, Add Badging Only"

I thought at first that if I get the red stripe car I wouldn't want the original stripes removed. But, I decided it would be transformed into something even more special and I would want to have it really stand out in a crowd by having the signature narrow-wide-narrow top stripes.

+1

My vote is for GT500SS, or if this can't be done then I would like to se leaving the GT500 alone and just have the Shelby Super Snake badging on the front grille, and side front fenders.

What about adding Super Snake around the rear faux gas cap ring in place of the Ford one now???

KingCobra.

I for one so not like the Super Snake lettering on the side stripes.

Apparentely, "Super Snake" will be attached on either quarter panel with the existing Cobra Snake (see attachment)

Why write Super Snake again on the side stripes just below this ?

I agree with you GT500. This would be a very clean and subtle way to do this. IMO anything like GT500SS will get alot of Chevy guys saying we're wannabes's. We know better but car guy's are car guy's. I take nice joking shots at the other guys all the time.

Archived