TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This time is killing me

Mustang_Scotty

My brand new 2007 GT500 vert purchase is sitting outside at the dealer just freezing her ass off and if it snows it's going all over it. I have a pickup set up with Reliable shippers but they can't touch it until next week and it's killing me. The car is in PA and im in NY. I know, I know, why don't I drive down and pick it up but first I can't and second wouldn't want to with the roads all salted up anyway. I tried calling a couple other shippers but they have all the same timeframe. Especially now with the BJ and Mecum auctions and I think Sema also. Anyone on here have a closed trailer and want to make some money

;)

My brand new 2007 GT500 vert purchase is sitting outside at the dealer just freezing her ass off and if it snows it's going all over it. I have a pickup set up with Reliable shippers but they can't touch it until next week and it's killing me. The car is in PA and im in NY. I know, I know, why don't I drive down and pick it up but first I can't and second wouldn't want to with the roads all salted up anyway. I tried calling a couple other shippers but they have all the same timeframe. Especially now with the BJ and Mecum auctions and I think Sema also. Anyone on here have a closed trailer and want to make some money

;)

Can`t understand why you couldn`t ask the dealer to keep it inside , thats the least they could do for you after buying it from them.

They have dozens of cars sold. There is no way they could keep it inside. I wish they could.

I wish there was a guy local who wanst a side job picking this up.

Did you try TFX? They picked my KR up in PA. They might be passing through. NASCAR trailers. Highly recommended.

LOL! I feel your pain man! I've always wanted to buy a car, fly in and drive it home. I got to do it, but nothing as exciting as a Shelby--my 15 year old son flew to NC and drove his '82 Fiat Spider home to KY. Hope you get it home soon! Post pics asap!

It's very easy for us to say to pull it in or put it inside but think about it. Do you really think someone is going to pull the car in and out everyday for another 7 days until the car is picked up? If you were to ask any business to do that they would laugh, and how do I know that they are really doing it anyway. They can say yeah no problem, and do nothing. Also it's probably better if they just leave it alone to be honest. With moving and trying to find a spot to put it in and the frustration of them moving it would probably only cause damage.

Can't see why they can't move the car inside during the overnight.

You also realize that from the time it left the assembly line until it was shipped to the dealer it wasn't parked inside, and on the transport, ice, snow, salt, road grime.........it'll be ok.

Yes, exactly. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that the dealer is so hot to sell you the car and once it's paid for they throw it in a corner and just don't care anymore. Also that I paid in full for the car and it's just sitting somewhere everyday without my control. Other than that I'm sure it will all work out.

Personally if they are a small dealership and don't have the inside space available to store it then I would rather it sit outside away from everything and everyone. The constant cold starts and short time running would honestly be harder on it than anything along with you don't know how it's being driven. Just be sure once the transporter shows up take your time to fully inspect it before you sign off and pay. GL .

Archived