TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2 TSB's applied on 2011 Shelby GT500

gbw122974

Today I had 2 TSB's applied to my Shelby GT500.

Went to the dealership today to have TSB 12-8-19 applied to my Shelby. This upgrades the Sync to version 3.1.4 Here's a few things the Sync update fixed.

- Bluetooth auto-connection improvement.

- Media player reliability.

- Voice Recognition improvements to recognize names entered with all CAPS.

- Voice Recognition enhancements that will decrease the chance of calling the wrong person.

- Add customer assistance phone number to Help prompts.

This Sync update is not on the Syncmyride webpage, not sure why Ford and MS has kept it off the website but anyone on version 3.1 can go to the dealership and ask for their Sync to be updated to version 3.1.4

Takes about 20 minutes for service dept to update the Sync software.

Sync shows as version AR3T-14D544-AF Gen1 - V3.1.4 and it use to show AR3T-14D544-AE Gen1 - V3.1

While at the service dept at my local Ford, which was getting TSB 12-08-19 Sync issue resolved, I asked them to check out my Shelby for TSB 10-16-4 - STEERING SHUDDER/NIBBLE/PULL/DRIFT. While one service tech was upgrading the Sync, another was working on this TSB which is to reprogram the EPAS PSCM to IDS release 67.06

This took about 15 - 20 minutes to do and now the pull or drift, now that it's documented for both TSB's now I'm all set to go. Now if the weather will warm up so I can drive her instead of sitting in the garage waiting for the weather to warm back up.

tsb10-16-04.pdf

tsb12-08-19.pdf

tsb10-16-04.pdf

tsb12-08-19.pdf

The TSB for SYNC is only for 2011-2012 Mustang but what I would do if I owned a 2010 or earlier and you are experiencing the same issues is print off the TSB and take it to your local Ford service dept, ask them to look into the issue with previous year models and see if they can dig up anything, there may possibly be a Sync update that is not listed in a TSB and not posted on the Sync website either that could very well be a dealer install type just as this Sync issue was for the 2011-2012.

The TSB for the STEERING SHUDDER/NIBBLE/PULL/DRIFT, I would do the exact same thing as stated above, print out the TSB and have the local dealership look into it, the more we owners talk and ask questions and get the dealership or the Ford company involved the faster we see a turn-a-round be it a recall or a new TSB etc. Honestly, I thought my steering pull/drift was due to cold weather and OE tires but could still very well be that or possibly an alignment issue but the EPAS PSCM was reprogrammed so I have knocked out the TSB issue, and even though it isn't doing the drift/pull currently, there could always be that small chance that it could happen again later on down the road and be pointed to the weather, OE tires, alignment, etc.

Would they apply to 2010. As well

The TSB for SYNC is only for 2011-2012 Mustang but what I would do if I owned a 2010 or earlier and you are experiencing the same issues is print off the TSB and take it to your local Ford service dept, ask them to look into the issue with previous year models and see if they can dig up anything, there may possibly be a Sync update that is not listed in a TSB and not posted on the Sync website either that could very well be a dealer install type just as this Sync issue was for the 2011-2012.

The TSB for the STEERING SHUDDER/NIBBLE/PULL/DRIFT, I would do the exact same thing as stated above, print out the TSB and have the local dealership look into it, the more we owners talk and ask questions and get the dealership or the Ford company involved the faster we see a turn-a-round be it a recall or a new TSB etc. Honestly, I thought my steering pull/drift was due to cold weather and OE tires but could still very well be that or possibly an alignment issue but the EPAS PSCM was reprogrammed so I have knocked out the TSB issue, and even though it isn't doing the drift/pull currently, there could always be that small chance that it could happen again later on down the road and be pointed to the weather, OE tires, alignment, etc.

2010 Shelby GT500 had same hydraulic power steering hardware found in 07's thru 09's. 2011 was the first year the GT500 came with EPAS. Many Job #1 builds had to have the EPAS re-flashed to correct a minor steering problem described above (hence the TSB). Job #2 builds had this TSB incorporated from Flat Rock. 2012 EPAS came with driver selectable settings...

Archived