TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For next year: What's to do at night in Scottsdale?

jrzycobra

The Scottsdale Pavilions on saturdays is a VERY popular cruise in. There area also a lot of bars in Old Town Scottsdale. For eateries, there a lot of really upscale places if that's what your looking for. Yardhouse at Scottsdale Fashion Square, Sapporo, just depends on what you like and what your looking to spend. A lot of nightclubs around Old Town. I also just like cruising around Scottsdale, beautiful buildings and landscape all over, and you never know what sweet cars you will driving around. I was at the fashion square last week and three Maserati's were following each other. I thought it was pretty cool. Check out this site for a bunch of great Scottsdale info http://www.scottsdaledowntown.com/

If you go to the auction and do go around and look at the cars during the day and spend the evening inside watching the metal go across the block, the answer to what you do after it's all over is "crash in your hotel room". I usually cut out at the same time the prime time Speed TV feed ends, which is I think 10PM MST on Fri/Sat. I know of a few good small Mexican restaurants I go get a bite to eat and then go back and crash. I head back at about 10:00 AM and start the tent crawl again. Sat & Sun I do the main tent very early before lots of people show up. I do go down every aisle and look at almost every car, and take lots of pictures - photography is mostly why I go - and by about 4:00 I'm ready to go sit and watch, and that is when the good cars start to cross the block.

Don't forget to go through the commerce side - lots of displays both inside and outside. Where else can you buy a private jet plane or a crypt at the same place.

There are other auctions to go see too.

It is truly the best car show ever.

If you're into seeing Southwest history the Heard Museum has a branch museum display a few miles north of the auction site. The primary site is in downtown Phoenix and is the home of some of the most famous Native American art of the region. The Heard is the official keeper of Barry Goldwater's wonderful Kachina Doll collection. The branch has traveling stuff and some other special displays. I've posted photos from it here elsewhere but can't find it now since I'm eating supper.

Archived