TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help finding a good shop to do mods.

bigb1975

I'd like to start modifying my 2009 GT 500 and I'm a complete newbie. Meaning I think I need some on the ground help. How can I find a good place to help me plan out, purchase and put on a few things? I'd like some 20" after market wheels, new tires (wider than stock), a new exhaust that sounds mean, the clear bra needs replaced (its yellowing), maybe some Eibach springs to lower a tad, and maybe some upgrades to the supercharger (maybe not too). I went to place today that had been recommended by a non-ford friend for wheels and exhaust. They knew very little about gt500s. Seemed more like an import place. I want a place that can do a little mentoring I guess

I understand that Galpin Ford is an authorized Shelby facility now. It's a bit of a drive for you but they do turn out some nice cars and have a huge selections of Shelbys. Just a thought.

bigb1975.......you might want to look into "Mackenzie Mustang" they have a post under shelby supported vendors, Ask anyone on Team Shelby, Alex's shop is in Palmsprings, and if your thinking thats a long drive...Just concider, he has customers who ship their Shelbies from Canada, Europe and North Africa. Trust me..........it's worth the trip..! Good luck and welcome to Team Shelby :happy feet:

Will do. Thanks

bigb1975.......you might want to look into "Mackenzie Mustang" they have a post under shelby supported vendors, Ask anyone on Team Shelby, Alex's shop is in Palmsprings, and if your thinking thats a long drive...Just concider, he has customers who ship their Shelbies from Canada, Europe and North Africa. Trust me..........it's worth the trip..! Good luck and welcome to Team Shelby :happy feet:

Greg at Racers Edge Tuning in Downey

http://www.racersedg....net/index.html

+1000. Racers Edge for anything engine/suspension/brakes related. Greg does an awesome job with everything he does!!! He's done a number of things for my car !!!

Appearance wise or really anything Shelby, Galpin Autosports. They are an authorized Shelby Mod shop - one of two in the USA. They will be prepping, painting and installing my supersnake hood when it arrives. in the next few weeks.

I would even vouch for Alex at Mackenzie Mustang. He is a little ways away but he knows his stuff!!! He's done my suspension and a RBST (see his link on TS - my car was one of his more "basic" projects and there is a thread on the car).

Give me a call. I have done a mod or 2 on my car. B)

I would be happy to help you out. I am always hanging out in the Pasadena/Arcadia area. I PMed you my cell #. Feel free to give me a call.

Rene

+1.

I would have to agree with Ben

Thanks, I will definitely look into it. If you don't mind sharing, what kind of service did you have a positive experience with? (engine, exterior, etc.)

All engine and suspension work.

They did my full whiteline installation and installed my Ford Racing Whipple 624HP Supercharger kit and other assorted goodies.

Archived